Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-30-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Ea Mma

Anybody check out the demo for this game yet? I've played this demo and the UFC Undisputed 2010 demo and this one feels more realistic. But the controls are interesting to get used to. You can always change back to a button layout but it was way more challenging using the right stick to strike and using triggers to modify kick/punch.

I wish they gave you more fighters to use in the demo but it's not bad. Alistair Overeem and Bobby Lashley for Heavyweight and Jake Shields and Jason Miller for middleweight.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ea Mma

I'll check the demo out.

UFC 2010 would be a fantastic game if online play actually worked. But it never has for me since the release. The single-player is fine but for a sports/fighting game, I expect multi-player when paying $50-60.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:58 PM   #3
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Iam not sure if i will be buying this game.At first i didnt like it but that was mostly because i had to get used to the controls, but iam starting to get use to it.

EA mma seems to have alot to offer in the online department so iam really really thinking about pre ordering it.
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:14 AM   #4
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This game is garbage.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:19 AM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Tried it. Didn't like it.

- It looks great. Don't expect anything less from EA.

- Striking is now motions with the R-stick while things like takedowns, ground transitions and clinches is using buttons? That's stupid. Why make something simple (relatively speaking) like striking so complicated and the other stuff available through just pressing one button? I MUCH prefer the UFC Undisputed control scheme.

- For some reason I was able to do the most damage while my opponent was mounted on me. I was Mayhem and opened up a big cut on Shields with strikes while he had me mounted with almost no resistance. WTF.

- The ground game seems like it will be a button mash. UFC has some issues here too but at least it requires a better sense of timing and skill IMO.

- Striking is way too awkward and sometimes unresponsive. This is the basic part of such a game and I really don't like how it's done.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 10-01-2010 at 01:24 AM.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
Point Blank
Superbowl or Bust!

Point Blank has decent reputation

Didn't like it.
Point Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #7
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Been playing the game the past 3 days. Iam really liking it especially online.
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: