Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-23-2007, 02:39 PM   #1
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation
Default unless youre including terrible contracts in return

please do not include steve francis in any trade proposals. it just makes knick fans look like they dont have a clue.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board
Default Re: unless youre including terrible contracts in return

Big contracts are highly valuable for teams that want to rebuild.. i think everyone understands why, it's not rocket science.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
Big contracts are highly valuable for teams that want to rebuild.. i think everyone understands why, it's not rocket science.

The value of big contracts is highly overrated, unless you are willing to take back a longer big contract in return, or a bunch of overpaid mediocre players. Look at who we have gotten back in return for our expiring contracts. A useless Jalen Rose and a mediocre past his prime Steve Francis.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:29 PM   #4
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:

LOL big contracts are valuable when they are about to expire, not when they go on for 2 more seasons.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:13 PM   #5
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
LOL big contracts are valuable when they are about to expire, not when they go on for 2 more seasons.
Don't know why... Phoenix picked Mcdyess with a full year to go, but yes, one year is hugely diferent then 2.

Just go see the free agents avaiable in two seasons and go see the ones avaiable next season, then find a team that as rebuild in less then 2 years.

Indiana can keep O'neal and have one big contract that expires in two years, or have the same with Francis plus Frye and Nate... yeah that's pretty clueless
And if Indiana trades O'Neal it's because they will go for the lottery picks, so then again why not Francis?
Old 04-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: unless you're including terrible contracts in return

Making Francis your starting PG should put you in the lottery.

I would just buy him out.

I would also just tell James to go home and pay him until he comes back and begs to be cut.

James would be lost not being around the guys. He lives for laughs and the camaraderie of the locker room and practice. Plus just sitting on the bench with the boys is cool for him.

Take that away and he will come back with a proposal. Doing what Zeke did played into his hands. That's what the NFL Tampa Bay did with Johnson and it worked. The Titans did that with their QB McNair.

These guys love the whole thing, take that away and it hurts. To me that's the best way to deal with Francis and James, just send them home and tell them not to show up for work, your check is in the mail. You're not allowed even in the building or any facilities.

At first they will say, that's OK with me as long as I get paid. But after a few months they will be dying for the bright lights and screaming fans. They will ask out......

This is basic psychology.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #7
knicks15
Local High School Star

[quote]
Quote:
Don't know why... Phoenix picked Mcdyess with a full year to go, but yes, one year is hugely diferent then 2.

i have no idea what u mean by the mcdyess trade, but u dont have to be a genius to figure out that 2 years is twice as long as one. and when youre talking francis money, thats $35 mill.

Quote:
Just go see the free agents avaiable in two seasons and go see the ones avaiable next season, then find a team that as rebuild in less then 2 years.

its always better to have the option to spend the money when u want. if u dont want a FA next year hold the money til the year after. if francis' contract ended next season, you wouldnt extend him another year just so it would expire when u wanted to sign a FA

Quote:
Indiana can keep O'neal and have one big contract that expires in two years, or have the same with Francis plus Frye and Nate... yeah that's pretty clueless

i guess u can just ignore what JO is going to be doing for the next 2 years???

Quote:
And if Indiana trades O'Neal it's because they will go for the lottery picks, so then again why not Francis?

if thats the plan then would u go for francis or a young guy with potential? u tell me.

JO has value, and they can get a much better deal, while francis has negative value. the knicks want to buy him out. when a team wants to pay u almost the full amount of your contract just so that you wont be on the team, do u think another team is going to want his contract?

if they wanted to get rid of JO's contract, they wouldnt have a problem doing so without adding francis. adding francis on your team is like signing him to a 2yr, $35 million contract. he'd be lucky if he got the MLE on the market right now.

Last edited by knicks15 : 04-23-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:05 PM   #8
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
i have no idea what u mean by the mcdyess trade, but u dont have to be a genius to figure out that 2 years is twice as long as one. and when youre talking francis money, thats $35 mill.
Francis is $35? Well O'Neal is what $63? yeah bad trade for Indiana...
And 2 is twice as long? Really? And that matters for what's been discussed how?
Quote:
its always better to have the option to spend the money when u want. if u dont want a FA next year hold the money til the year after. if francis' contract ended next season, you wouldnt extend him another year just so it would expire when u wanted to sign a FA
Really? Show me a player with a contract expiring next season similar to Francis's contract, and please don't say Vince, cause that would be so dumb. Spend the money when u want? What money? Indiana has no money to spend if they dont't trade O'Neal for expiring contracts.

In two season, Indiana can have a payroll around 30$ with Frye and Nate and probably two high lottery picks onboard, and saving money on the process... yeah bad trade for Indiana.
Quote:
i guess u can just ignore what JO is going to be doing for the next 2 years???
Yes, if Indiana choose to trade O'Neal it's because they are really interested in what he would be doing for them...
Quote:
if thats the plan then would u go for francis or a young guy with potential? u tell me.
Frye is a young guy with potential...
But please show me another trade with a young guy with potential that match in salaries and that makes sense to the team bidding for O'neal.

I'm not saying Indiana can't eventually get better deals, but this one isn't bad, and it's a lot better for them, a lot better that the crappy trade they made with GSW.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:35 PM   #9
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Francis is $35? Well O'Neal is what $63? yeah bad trade for Indiana...
And 2 is twice as long? Really? And that matters for what's been discussed how?

Really? Show me a player with a contract expiring next season similar to Francis's contract, and please don't say Vince, cause that would be so dumb. Spend the money when u want? What money? Indiana has no money to spend if they dont't trade O'Neal for expiring contracts.

In two season, Indiana can have a payroll around 30$ with Frye and Nate and probably two high lottery picks onboard, and saving money on the process... yeah bad trade for Indiana.

Yes, if Indiana choose to trade O'Neal it's because they are really interested in what he would be doing for them...

Frye is a young guy with potential...
But please show me another trade with a young guy with potential that match in salaries and that makes sense to the team bidding for O'neal.

I'm not saying Indiana can't eventually get better deals, but this one isn't bad, and it's a lot better for them, a lot better that the crappy trade they made with GSW.

hell no, this trade would be much worse for indy than the one with GS. they did the one with GS to get rid of headcases, meanwhile this trade they would be trading their franchise player for possibly the worst contract in the league(not to mention another headcase), a guy who has declined and now has low value, and nate, and i dont really need to explain him except that no one is going out of their way to get him and also has a bad rep. and i dont know what ure talking about with that 1 year 2 year thing, u were the one who brought it up in the first place, in case u forgot.........

Quote:

if u consider francis an expirer then i guess theres really no point in arguin with u. until indy talks about buying out JOs contract u cant even think of includin francis in the deal unless u got lee, collins, etc in the deal also.

btw, post this trade on the main forums if u wanna see peoples opinions on it

Last edited by knicks15 : 04-23-2007 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:39 AM   #10
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
if u consider francis an expirer then i guess theres really no point in arguin with u.
Francis contract is expiring since the day he sign it.
Arguin with me? Who? You? I fail to see where... you're just talkin nonsense.

Yes spending 80$ millions on Troy and Dunleavy, that's really a lot better then the scenario i proposed, and the "headcases" are really hurting GSW right now...
Old 04-24-2007, 12:58 PM   #11
knicks15
Local High School Star

i guess it can end here being that ur basketball knowledge is very limited
Old 04-25-2007, 09:00 AM   #12
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Too bad for you that people can read...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: