Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: List of Countries that Finished on Top of Canada in the Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    No you couldn't because you are dumb, simple and someone incapable of articulating your ridiculous viewpoints.

Back on point, why do Americans care so much about Canada anyways. There is always this talking point of Canada being irrelevant or caring more about the US than vice versa, but it seems that some Americans always feel the need to start these threads.

It is a bit confusing.

Just a few fun facts that might add light to the situation.

1-Canada has 5 months of winter, no possibility for outdoor training. This hurts the summer Olympians. If you check the US a high percentage of athletes in the summer games come from California.

so then canada's huge athletes shouldnt stay in f*ckin canada to train all damn year dipshit. go to california and train. what a cop out excuse

2-Canada is 1/10th the size of the US.
    first off this isn't true.... it has 1/10 the population. not a valid argument since U.S. outperformed china, russia, and india. india is shit at the olympics with a population in the billions.

3-Canada has a long tradition of not funding athletes, so those in fringe sports basically live below the poverty line (not an attractive lifestyle).

so then all your best athletes should be in the main sports... how many medals did you get in the bigger events like basketball, track, swimming, soccer?

4-Canada did finish 13th overall in the total medal haul, not bad considering we aren't the 13th biggest country in the games. And people who win Silver and Bronze are not losers, it is still considered a victory.

go ahead and pin up your 13th place award on your fridge at home. many of the countries that are smaller than canada outperformed you, sl so that argument is still invalid.
    cool arguments

lol @ Canadian ***** negging me for putting out the truth , they mad

If America is as great as some posters think then there should be no reason to bash Canada which is one of your closest allies. They did fight with you in Kandahar for 5 years suffering casualties together while other nations weren't as supportive and both economies are integrated and rely on heavy amounts of trade with each other. Both nations offer attractive offers depending on your preference.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    cool arguments

Its kind of pathetic that you are so invested in this bragging. No one is trying to say Canada has better sports programs than the US.

I think you are still butthurt from earlier posts. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Yup. It's all about winning.

You don't see any respectable news outlet ranking the medal table in any other way than golds first either. (except Americans when they are behind in golds)
    So if I'm Yohan Blake, I should be cursing myself about getting 2 Silvers behind the greatest sprinter of all time? That's pretty much a Gold medal in itself.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    So if I'm Yohan Blake, I should be cursing myself about getting 2 Silvers behind the greatest sprinter of all time? That's pretty much a Gold medal in itself.
    Not if you are American and have an axe to grind with your neighbor to the north who has 1/10th the population. Bronze and silver don't count, unless it fits the narrative.

Or if you are LBJMVP, but he gets a pass because he is mentally deficient. It would be just plain rude to pick on him anymore, I may even have gone too far, we need to treat his type in a 'special' manner.

This feels like one of those threads where everyone attacks black people. Feels bad man.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

My biggest participation in the Olympics was flipping channels, but I'd be lying if I didn't didn't admit the only medal I really give a shit about is a gold. David Boudia's a Purdue grad, from Indiana, all the bona fides. He got a bronze in syncrho platform, which was cool I guess.

Then he got a gold on the individual 10M platform, over the Chinese who've been destroying all comers in diving, and I hooted and hollered like a drunken idiot, "worst to first ****heads!." Because I was a drunken idiot at the time, but still.

Being the 2nd/3rd best person in the world is obviously outMFingstanding, but just spoiled or diluted I guess, whatever you wanna call it. I mean no one celebrates the NBA Finals runner ups, it's the same deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Not if you are American and have an axe to grind with your neighbor to the north who has 1/10th the population. Bronze and silver don't count, unless it fits the narrative.

Or if you are LBJMVP, but he gets a pass because he is mentally deficient. It would be just plain rude to pick on him anymore, I may even have gone too far, we need to treat his type in a 'special' manner.

damn, you catching some feelings bro?

some people just can't take trolling, but that is the sign of a weak minded individual.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

Being the 2nd/3rd best person in the world is obviously outMFingstanding, but just spoiled or diluted I guess, whatever you wanna call it. I mean no one celebrates the NBA Finals runner ups, it's the same deal.
    To everyone who says this, I don't remember the NBA Finals runner ups standing next to the champions on a podium.

When has that happened? Educate me.

what a great thread

Banned

Good job, Good effort Canada!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    America cares about hockey. Certain markets alot more than others but at the end of the day they still enjoy hockey. Just because it falls behind NFL|NBA|MLB doesn't mean it's irrelevant.

It's expensive to play. Can't just pick it up like a basketball\football. In alot of areas in the US you can't just go outside and play it. Need to rent an rink, and that's after learning how to skate, buying equipment etc.

No clue why I'm being reasonable with you, just after attention like most of your posts
    America doesn't care about hockey. LA Kings won the stanley cup and not a single shit was given by anyone in LA. If the maple leafs won the stanley cup the whole city would burn down. The greatest Canadian athletes play in places like Tampa Bay and LA where no one cares about them. Tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    America doesn't care about hockey. LA Kings won the stanley cup and not a single shit was given by anyone in LA. If the maple leafs won the stanley cup the whole city would burn down. The greatest Canadian athletes play in places like Tampa Bay and LA where no one cares about them. Tragic.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Wi...cs_medal_table

Banned

Winter Olympics
    37 total medals to Canada's 26 total medals.

Despite homefield advantage, Canada still only beat USA by 5 golds. And in Hockey, Canada's national past time, we even kicked your ass 5-3 in the qualifying rounds before you lucked out in the gold medal game. Combined score of those 2 games? USA 8