Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Saw a basketball once PhillyPhilly80's Avatar

Default Re: NBA2k9 reviews here!

I have no idea what half of you that are bashing the game are talking about. I've been playing NBA 2k games since they were released and this one is just plain AWESOME! The presentation is probably the best it has been in years. I'm currently 7-3 in my Association with the Sixers! There have been some weird trades so far (ex: Jameer Nelson for Mike Conley) but either way I'm digging this game!

Any of y'all bought/tried out the PC version yet? Game comes out here on the 17th (I think) and I've pre-ordered the PC version. I haven't got a PS3 or 360 yet, and I spend a lot of time using my laptop for gaming as it is, so just made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhilly80
    I have no idea what half of you that are bashing the game are talking about. I've been playing NBA 2k games since they were released and this one is just plain AWESOME! The presentation is probably the best it has been in years. I'm currently 7-3 in my Association with the Sixers! There have been some weird trades so far (ex: Jameer Nelson for Mike Conley) but either way I'm digging this game!
    If I may ask what difficulty are you playing and are you doing the full 82 game season or less?

The game is still the best 2k title to date and I'm sure I'll enjoy it more as a I play more of it.

I rule the local playground Finn T-Mac's Avatar

Could someone try this who has 2k9 on Xbox 360, doesn't take long. Make a lineup change, move some superstar starter, like LeBron, to sixth man and start a new season mode and simulate couple games. Does CPU move him back to starting lineup or not?

I've been complaining and asking about this many times without an answer. Reason why I ask, is that I like the rosters to stay the way I make them. Like last season with 2k8, I moved Oden from starting lineup to reserves cause he didn't play the last season. But when you start new season CPU moves him back to starting lineup Same with Ginobili being the sixth man and CPU moves him to starting rotation. Only way lineups stay the way I make them is in exhibition and playoff mode.

And I would like to know is Arenas in the game injured and if so, can you play so he isn't in offline game? Cause I don't have Live so I'm not able to get roster updates.
    Last edited by Finn T-Mac; 10-14-2008 at 05:13 AM.

Game is awesome.

If you feel like it's too easy to score inside, just adjust the slider.

What's funny is I remember everyone bytching about missing layups and close shots in 2K8.

Myrrh

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    My only 2 gripes are that they call charging way too often, and Kenny Smith got replaced by some random ********* as announcer.

Funny thing is the new guy obviously has to read Kenny's EXACT lines. Unintentionally hilarious if you've played last year's version.

From what I've seen so far, it's in the little things. Most of the annoying stuff from last year is gone, and the little tweaks I've seen so far are really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretik32
    Funny thing is the new guy obviously has to read Kenny's EXACT lines. Unintentionally hilarious if you've played last year's version.

From what I've seen so far, it's in the little things. Most of the annoying stuff from last year is gone, and the little tweaks I've seen so far are really nice.
    I hate that you guys have it.

Can't find a copy.

I rule the local playground Finn T-Mac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

Can't find a copy.

I hate that no one is answering my questions

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

Can't find a copy.
    Well, I got a copy but my XBox went RRoD, so...

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Well, I got a copy but my XBox went RRoD, so...
    I feel for you. At least I'll be playing the game friday.

And PES 2009 is out this week too!