Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The Shield > Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    No, they aren't trying at all. It's fairly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Sorry but no. The Shield was my favorite show before BB. Vic was a great character and the story was great. However, The Shield is much more jumbled. You can come in late in the show and it doesn't matter. I don't even remember all the stuff that happened before Shane threw that grenade that killed Lem.

Breaking Bad has been great since day one. I have to admit season 5 seems a lot different from what came before. I think 1-4 is near perfection. If they end this series right it could be the greatest ever. Although even if they botch the ending I don't think The Shield beats it.
    You don't remember anything before the last episode of season 5 of the Shield ??!!??? Hilarious.

NO way you can come into a season and get the show. So much beef within krew. Shane vs Vic. Vic. Vs acevado. Your playin right??? Smh

Seriously don't think you watched complete series with statement like that.
    Last edited by Bless Mathews; 09-25-2013 at 03:42 AM.

Obviously. I think OP is being too nice by saying a tenth of a second, but either way, The Shield shits on Breaking Bad. The acting, story line, suspense without any bull, etc.

Throw in the fact that The Shield draws you in from the pilot and continues to improve, as opposed to having a dragging start before any sort of build up. Three episodes in, I was going to give up on Breaking Bad due to sheer boredom, but people kept saying, wait until the fifth. I get there, then its wait until the eight, and so on. Never understood the infatuation with it.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Breaking Bad is the greatest hour long drama TV show of all time. Period. Nothing will come close. The acting, the writing, the directing. I mean, holy shit, Ozymandias felt like it should have been experienced on a movie screen. It was that good. And Bryan Cranston's acting is the best I've seen in a long time. Screw just giving him Emmys, he deserves an Oscar too.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    No, they aren't trying at all. It's fairly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Breaking Bad is the greatest hour long drama TV show of all time. Period. Nothing will come close. The acting, the writing, the directing. I mean, holy shit, Ozymandias felt like it should have been experienced on a movie screen. It was that good. And Bryan Cranston's acting is the best I've seen in a long time. Screw just giving him Emmys, he deserves an Oscar too.
    Have you seen the Shield complete series?

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    I will give it a shot. But I'd be very surprised. And I post on tons of other forums with people who have watched both and really this is the first time I've heard someone say The Shield is better than Breaking Bad. I've heard great things about The Shield but never that it was better than BB.

I will give it a shot. But I'd be very surprised. And I post on tons of other forums with people who have watched both and really this is the first time I've heard someone say The Shield is better than Breaking Bad. I've heard great things about The Shield but never that it was better than BB.

Don't type if you haven't seen complete series of the Shield.
    Smh...

Banned

i was expecting a lot and it was still surprisingly good

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I don't understand the confusion. Breaking Bad has veered toward entertainment over realism, which is perfectly fine... But is this something which is even debatable at this point? I like the show a lot, btw. I'm not putting it down.

The number of unusual coincidences and unlikely circumstances which have dominated many of the five seasons don't really need to be listed, do they?

3-time NBA All-Star

I don't understand how anyone can say you can just start watching the shield in the middle of the series. There's literally things that happen in the series pilot that don't get resolved until the very end of the series.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    I have seen The Shield completely, and I wonder...is this the Off-Topic version of Kobe vs Lebron or Melo vs Durant?

Two entirely different shows, what's the point? It's like saying "Pizza>Chesseburger", "Led Zeppelin>John Coltrane" and "The Godfather>Schindler's List".

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I don't understand how anyone can say you can just start watching the shield in the middle of the series. There's literally things that happen in the series pilot that don't get resolved until the very end of the series.
    You can't really.

I suppose you could try but you'd be missing out on the evolution of how they got from point A to point B which is the entire purpose of the show

3-time NBA All-Star

I'd say Breaking Bad is better. Its my favorite show of all-time, but I'd rank the Shield pretty high. For me, it probably goes:

1. Breaking Bad
    2. The Wire
    3. The Shield

But I will say that for me, Vick Mackey might be the greatest character ever. Dude was such a badass.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    But I will say that for me, Vick Mackey might be the greatest character ever. Dude was such a badass.
    During the first season of BB, Hank actualy felt like a cheap comedy version of him to me. Didn't care about him at all, but he grew on me with the series proceding.