Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: smoking weed and losing weight

Yes there are medical studies that say pot leads to weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    You should be outside or working out instead of being on ISH if you're serious
    its raining outside , I ran a mile and a half earlier and played basketball for 30 minutes , did some pushups,crunches. Did some dumbell exercises for like 30 minutes. Ate an apple and a small bagel for breakfast and drank milk , for lunch I had rice and chicken , for dinner I had salad with some beef. Drank only water and milk. Is that enough?

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    its raining outside , I ran a mile and a half earlier and played basketball for 30 minutes , did some pushups,crunches. Did some dumbell exercises for like 30 minutes. Ate an apple and a small bagel for breakfast and drank milk , for lunch I had rice and chicken , for dinner I had salad with some beef. Drank only water and milk. Is that enough?

Those sound good. There is no magical secret to weight loss, except if you burn more calories than you consume you will lose weight. Keep playing the basketball and other sports, keep eating healthy. You'll gradually lose weight over a while.

Love Live Life

You can never do enough push ups and crunches though. Try the push up card game, it really helps and makes push ups fun

I started a low carb/low fat - high protein diet to kickstart my weight loss and what the diet does (in theory) is burn a lot of fat. Do it for a week and you'll see the difference quickly (not just because of the loss of water weight due to low carb consumption).

Anyways, days prior to starting this kickstart diet, I got high as hell for a couple days since I was trying to replace weed with alcohol to keep the calories down. Anyway, when the fat burning started, I would feel weird at all times of the day. Not just regularly foggy, but just hazy. I hadn't even smoked in a couple days. Then I realized weed metabolites are stored in your fat cells and with my 1000 calorie diet I was burning through fat like crazy. I lol'ed. Driving home after work was a challenge.

Weight loss isn't too difficult, I've done several bouts of it to the point that I get in really great shape but months later I end up letting go and gain it all back - primarily because of beer and chicken wings.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    I started a low carb/low fat - high protein diet to kickstart my weight loss and what the diet does (in theory) is burn a lot of fat. Do it for a week and you'll see the difference quickly (not just because of the loss of water weight due to low carb consumption).

Anyways, days prior to starting this kickstart diet, I got high as hell for a couple days since I was trying to replace weed with alcohol to keep the calories down. Anyway, when the fat burning started, I would feel weird at all times of the day. Not just regularly foggy, but just hazy. I hadn't even smoked in a couple days. Then I realized weed metabolites are stored in your fat cells and with my 1000 calorie diet I was burning through fat like crazy. I lol'ed. Driving home after work was a challenge.

Weight loss isn't too difficult, I've done several bouts of it to the point that I get in really great shape but months later I end up letting go and gain it all back - primarily because of beer and chicken wings.
    Damn , how much weight did you lose?

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall

You can never do enough push ups and crunches though. Try the push up card game, it really helps and makes push ups fun
    Im wondering , do dumbbell exercises help lose weight at all?

Love Live Life

The way I see it is you sweating and still burning calories so I think so.

I'm not a big fitness guru so I could be wrong. I know it helps tone and build muscle.

And go with barbell exercises to start, they are better than dumbbell IMO. Bench, squats, military press, deadlifts, rows. Pullups and Dips are good too.

I run half a mile a day and a mile+ on mondays , i do dumbell exercises for 15-30 minutes a day depends on intensity , I eat clean at home , but at school I eat lunch food , i try to go with healthy lunch food at school but idk if there is such thing.

Damn , how much weight did you lose?
    In that 1 week? I didn't weight myself but it was a lot. All my button up shirts finally closed

I wouldn't recommend it unless you have the will. Google "PSMF" by lyle mcdonald if you think you're interested. For a normal diet, look through lyle's forum, it has great advice.

Don't look at the scale, it's going to vary so much day to day bc your homones, carb consumption, fecal matter, etc all determine your current weight.

In that 1 week? I didn't weight myself but it was a lot. All my button up shirts finally closed

I wouldn't recommend it unless you have the will. Google "PSMF" by lyle mcdonald if you think you're interested. For a normal diet, look through lyle's forum, it has great advice.

Don't look at the scale, it's going to vary so much day to day bc your homones, carb consumption, fecal matter, etc all determine your current weight.
    How much weight did you lose total , from the time you started dieting till the time you were in best shape , how long did it take and how much weight did you lose , btw I don't think I'm even gonna be able to smoke weed for a while so I'm not counting on it for anything.

do this every day for few weeks and you will see results

How much weight did you lose total , from the time you started dieting till the time you were in best shape , how long did it take and how much weight did you lose , btw I don't think I'm even gonna be able to smoke weed for a while so I'm not counting on it for anything.
    I've lost between ~80lbs (I'm 5'11) . I went from wearing xl to m shirts. I used to buy those fit shirts at h&m in size M. Im really wide so being able to fit in a medium shirt and size 34 jean with my big hips and thighs was insane. Started seeing some definition in my abs too. My diet wasnt always continuous but I'd say a few months shy from a year. I literally became a whole new person. Sadly I gained it all back a year later and then some (I turned 21 and have been been getting smashed every weekend since).

I'm back on it though, once you know the basics you feel confident.
    Here's what I eat on a typical day:
    Breakfast:

Black coffee (coffee is a good stimulant and decreases hunger)
    Scrambled egss with ham and low fat cheese (1 whole and a couple whites) and spinach

Lunch: tuna sandwich

Dinner:chicken and rice <--twice, chicken is so low calorie and very filling that a couple servings is only a couple hundred calories. Make sure its skinless!

Once you get the hang of it, you wont need to count but try to measure and weigh your food meanwhile.
    Fats= 9 calories per gram
    Carbohydrates= 4 calories per gram
    Protein= 4 calories per gram

And just in case you too are a drunk:
    Alcohol (pure )= 7 calories per gram

I've lost between ~80lbs (I'm 5'11) . I went from wearing xl to m shirts. I used to buy those fit shirts at h&m in size M. Im really wide so being able to fit in a medium shirt and size 34 jean with my big hips and thighs was insane. Started seeing some definition in my abs too. My diet wasnt always continuous but I'd say a few months shy from a year. I literally became a whole new person. Sadly I gained it all back a year later and then some (I turned 21 and have been been getting smashed every weekend since).

I'm back on it though, once you know the basics you feel confident.
    Here's what I eat on a typical day:
    Breakfast:

Black coffee (coffee is a good stimulant and decreases hunger)
    Scrambled egss with ham and low fat cheese (1 whole and a couple whites) and spinach

Lunch: tuna sandwich

Dinner:chicken and rice <--twice, chicken is so low calorie and very filling that a couple servings is only a couple hundred calories. Make sure its skinless!

Once you get the hang of it, you wont need to count but try to measure and weigh your food meanwhile.
    Fats= 9 calories per gram
    Carbohydrates= 4 calories per gram
    Protein= 4 calories per gram

And just in case you too are a drunk:
    Alcohol (pure )= 7 calories per gram
    Sounds great , How much did you exercise and what exercises did you do? , Is eating not enough/ not eating breakfast really bad, and nope I dont drink.