Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-26-2015, 08:55 PM   #1471
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ☆NBA FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I would hate to get rid of players for the sake of just cleaning house.
Ellington, Black, Davis, Johnson etc are decent players who are putting up decent numbers for a great bargain. You get that top 5 pick plus Randle and hopefully 2 very good FA's in the summer, then, I think it's a start.
All the good valued players you mention are not under contract after this year. So either they will leave for a better situation or more money. I am quite sure none of these guys are a high priority to shell out money for the Lakers. So with that being said, not all will be back so they let them walk for nothing if they leave. The 2 guys with potential is Davis and Black. I really liked Davis this year. Offensively raw but hard worker on the glass and has solid defensive instincts. Black actually looks a lot more well rounded than Davis offensively.

To be honest, those guys are decent value guys but the priority should be on the draft and impact free agents. I would hate for the Lakers to stand pat and not get anything for any of their players esp of many are leaving.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:02 PM   #1472
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
2000 era, in a loaded team, do you think prime Shawn Marion & Josh Smith will make a great team?

Marion at 3 & Josh at 4 down low in the post, I know there's a lot of cons with that, but what if that's the hand you were being dealt with? Just go along. lol

And switch it around on the defensive end. Josh will probably get abused in a weekly basis or the other way around if the team can up his D. That flexibility. I had high hopes for Josh, really.

It will depend how loaded they are. Those 2 are not leading to deep playoff runs. They have proven to be 3rd option players on good teams. Marion had incredible stats, was extremely versatile and a 2 way guy. But he is limited on creating shots for himself along with Smith. So offensively they would need help and need a few guys who can create. Defensively, they are a very versatile duo, they could cause issues for a lot of perimeter players.

You are right smith would struggle on strong 4's, but if you pair him with a good defensive center, that helps. Overall, I think you need a really good supporting cast if these 2 are the top players. They would be fun to watch with the right personnel
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:06 PM   #1473
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

Yea it's going to be tough to move Lin for a pick right now, teams are hoarding them like gold. And the teams with stacks of em are continuing to trade for them (Boston, Philly)

It's going to take a team with a need like stated. Charlotte just lost Kemba. Maybe might be an option. Maybe the Lakers can sweeten the pot and add some loot to offset his salary. The cheap teams might be interested in something like that.

Adding future salary is a non-starter, so that will hinder some deals unless it's an impact guy, and those guys aren't exactly falling out the the air at the moment.

I would rather not buy low on the crap Brooklyn is trying to deal.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: