Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Is Lance Armstrong the biggest cheater in sports of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Lance prolly juiced but the ones who weren't caught are obviously jealous. Silly you can't see this.
    i can see that angle for some, mostly landis and hamilton. the thing is...if they weren't brought in to testify, the stuff about those other three would probably not have gotten out. they sully their own names in the process. the remaining active riders all got six month bans.

you're a fool if you think hincapie would have turned on lance out of the blue. they were on very good terms. lance dedicated a whole foreword to him in one of his books. he doesn't come off as the jealous type. he was known as a team player. if anything, the guy would have minded his own business as that's his nature. you won't see this guy making the rounds on media talk shows. he didn't even like to do interviews in the first place.

it's not like he got his court summons and was like, 'holy shit, i get to spill the beans on one of my best friends now! hell ya!'

he was called to testify....lie and face perjury charges. they rounded up everybody they could from US postal. i'm sure it wasn't a pleasant experience for him but faced with jail time, he decided to tell the truth. i think most of us would have fessed up in that situation. hincapie's career is over. he pretty much gains nothing from this.
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 10-13-2012 at 05:04 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

They all ****ing cheaters. So picking the WINNER of the cheaters is called hypocrisy. So **** them all!

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    i can see that angle for some, mostly landis and hamilton. the thing is...if they weren't brought in to testify, the stuff about those other three would probably not have gotten out. they sully their own names in the process. the remaining active riders all got six month bans.

you're a fool if you think hincapie would have turned on lance out of the blue. they were on very good terms. lance dedicated a whole foreword to him in one of his books. he doesn't come off as the jealous type. he was known as a team player. if anything, the guy would have minded his own business as that's his nature. you won't see this guy making the rounds on media talk shows. he didn't even like to do interviews in the first place.

he was called to testify....lie and face perjury charges. they rounded up everybody they could from US postal. i'm sure it wasn't a pleasant experience for him but faced with jail time, he decided to tell the truth. i think most of us would have fessed up in that situation. hincapie's career is over. he pretty much gains nothing from this.
    You're nuts if you think the ones who weren't caught red handed but never placed in the tour don't have motive to throw Lance under the bus.

You're nuts if you think the ones who weren't caught red handed but never placed in the tour don't have motive to throw Lance under the bus.
    ya, the ones that weren't caught...implicated themselves. now they're caught. i believe their motive was not going to jail. might be a possibility.

what else would it be? 'i didn't place in the tour, didn't test positive but damnit, i'm going to admit to doping....so i look like more of a subpar rider so i can get at that lance?' ok then.

what does placing in the tour have to do with anything? this isn't basketball. teams literally ride for one guy unless one emerges as the better rider in the season. hincapie literally drove lance up mt ventoux in 2001. he drafted him almost near the summit before he gassed and had to tail out. he did his job as any great teammate did. this allowed lance to save his lungs and legs. getting drafted up near the top of a mountain is huge.

tell me the motive for hincapie. i don't think you understand armstrong and hincapie's relationship. they were pretty much best friends at one point. if lance hates him now, that's on him. he didn't come forward. he didn't try to sell a story or write a book...he was called upon to testify.

lance is just protecting his brand at this point. i think the silence on his end speaks volumes. the end of the road is here. you've been outed. you can still carry on with your cancer stuff. i think that stuff is fine. but really....no need to keep being in denial. you doped. you beat dopers. it was the era. okay then. stop lying through your teeth and being so adamant that you passed all drug tests and are therefore innocent. shit's weak. three riders on your team that had almost nothing to gain admitted guilt on their behalf. one was your best friend.

here's hincapie's statement: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ite...ance-armstrong
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 10-13-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Lance prolly juiced but the ones who weren't caught are obviously jealous. Silly you can't see this.
    You are right about his main competitors, and also the teammates he had issues with such as Landis and Hamilton.

But not about most of the other guys though. The vast majority of riders don't have it in them to win a race like the TdF and are completely comfortable with their support role. Riding for US Postal/Discovery was probably the greatest thing that ever happened to those guys, both for their legacy and their bank account.

They confessed to avoid committing perjury and probably because they feel pretty guilty now the dust has settled.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    You are right about his main competitors, and also the teammates he had issues with such as Landis and Hamilton.

But not about most of the other guys though. The vast majority of riders don't have it in them to win a race like the TdF and are completely comfortable with their support role. Riding for US Postal/Discovery was probably the greatest thing that ever happened to those guys, both for their legacy and their bank account.

They confessed to avoid committing perjury and probably because they feel pretty guilty now the dust has settled.
    well said. hincapie and leipheimer will be seen as great riders. leipheimer really came on late. hincapie was a career team guy.

leipheimer is a great rider but never really had that extra kick in the mountains to separate himself. he's an all-around rider. good at everything but not really great at anything. jack of all trades. it's always been one of my main criticisms of him. he just doesn't have the ability to get into that 'extra gear'. he's a great rider so that's nothing to be ashamed of.

anyway, him and horner have always done well in the cali and colorado races and i hope that isn't overlooked. then they held their own in europe. many riders would kill for one of their careers. again, hincapie had a shit ton to lose. he's done with racing and retired. you really think USADA wiould chase him? he's not that figurehead.

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

When people start throwing the "but everyone does it bs", you know shite is bad and there's just no argument at all in favor of Lance Armstrong. There's evidence against him. He quit on his right to defend himself. There's no evidence against all other bikers who competed against him. It still exists something called Presumption of innocence.

He is a cheater. He is a fraud. Deal with it.

As a guy living in France, I can say the reporters on TV are totally enjoying this scandal.

Random fans of the Tour were interviewed and they regaled at Armstrong being exposed for the fraud he is. They say he "stole it from us."

Random comment about Lance:

Does anyone notice his tense facial expression in general? He has this peculiar gaze...Like he is trying to suppress his lie.

Very good NBA starter

Lance Armstrong as the greatest fraud in American sports

Officially, Jose "Pepe" Marti was listed as trainer for the Postal Service cycling team. But those on the team knew him as "The Courier."

One day while chatting with Tyler Hamilton, Pepe told the Postal Service surrogate that he had to drive to Nice, France, to make a delivery. That night, at the Villa d'Este Restaurant in Nice, Pepe arrived to a late dinner that included Lance Armstrong and his then-wife, Kristin, as well as Betsy Andreu, wife of Postal rider Frankie Andreu. According to Betsy, the reason given for the late dinner was because Pepe was there to deliver EPO (erythropoietin, a banned hormone that controls red blood cell production) to Lance and it was safer for him to cross the border with illegal drugs at night.

After dinner was over, the Armstrongs drove Betsy home. At some point, she saw Pepe hand Lance a brown paper bag. As Armstrong opened the car door for Andreu, he smiled, held up the bag and said, "Liquid gold."

On another occasion, as the Armstrongs and Andreus drove to a bike race in Milan, Italy, Armstrong stopped at a hotel/gas station outside Milan to meet Dr. Michele Ferrari, now infamous for supplying cyclists with performance-enhancing drugs. When asked why they were meeting him in such an odd place, Armstrong replied, "So the [expletive] press doesn't hound him." Leaving the other three in the car, Armstrong disappeared into Ferrari's camper for about an hour. When he returned, Armstrong exclaimed, "My numbers are great!"

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    Random fans of the Tour were interviewed and they regaled at Armstrong being exposed for the fraud he is. They say he "stole it from us."
    Well, even without Lance, somebody else would steal it in his place anyway. Stupid fans.

And let's not forget:

Dollars donated to support cancer research from Livestrong since 2010: $0.00.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by RaininThrees
    And let's not forget:

Dollars donated to support cancer research from Livestrong since 2010: $0.00.
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Source?
    http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor....html?page=all

[QUOTE]Equally interesting is what the foundation doesn

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

And now we have bribes.

Armstrong may go down in flames as the most fraudulent sports "hero" of all time.

F*ck Lance Armstrong. This guy should have been WCW World Heavyweight Champion.