Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Does Dwight regret not signing with the Mavs?

Stupid thread.

No. He shouldn't regret it.

1. He still got a shit load of money and Houston is reportedly a good place to be.

2. Houston is a good team. The West playoffs are so stacked that you have the clear two best teams going to a game 7 in the first round. Losing to Portland doesn't mean Houston sucks and that their "window" is closed or anything other over reaction crap that you'll so often read on this dump of a forum lately. They will be a good team next year and over the next few years and, IMO, a team that can make a deep run in the playoffs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    Houston needs to trade overrated Harden while his value is still high.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Nah, knowing Morey, he will make a splash in the off-season to get better pieces (particularly a 4) around Dwight.

Like I said on page 1, the Rockets are (I believe) the youngest, or second youngest team in the league. You all act like they have to tear it all down and rebuild now.
    I don't think anyone is saying "tear it down"...

I think people are curious because they same to be in a bit of a tough spot with the Lin/Asik contracts next year...and then having to pay Parsons soon.

I don't think this roster is currently good enough to win.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

I would say that it's possible he does regret it... But only he knows

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Parsons shouldn't be untouchable for Houston imo, he's looking a big pay day soon largely helped by the Rocket's uptempo style, but that's for another thread. The point is, the Rockets would be great (defensively) with somebody like 2009-2013 Deng, whom some considered the most underrated defender on the Bulls (on the ball defense and help D), but I don't even know how much Deng has left in the tank anymore. I didn't see him play much with Cleveland. Or a Sefolosha type, Tony Allen. Just examples. Their team needs gritty defenders and veterans if they want to go all the way, and that's not a knock on any particular Rockets player. It's just something champ teams tend to need. Beverly is the closest I see to that but who knows how he turns out.
    Oh yes...I agree.

I didn't know you were saying to move Parsons. I actually wouldn't be against that for them. I think he's slightly over-rated and is going to fetch a number when his contract is up that might actually make him a bad value.

But they might not have much wiggle room this year to improve with the 30 million combined owed to Lin/Asik (17 million cap hit)...

They should have enough to add a solid piece, and maybe that is enough, but then trying to bring back Parsons and Beverly might not be a great value.

It's why I thought it was imperative that they move Asik this year. Think it was a huge mistake for a ton of reasons...and looks especially bad now that they lost in round 1.

Very good NBA starter

Biggest things I wonder about going forward for the Rockets are A) chemistry - will Dwight and Harden truly mesh and trust each other, B) style of play - with a coaching change or not, will they revamp their game, and C) experience - can a young team like theirs really go all the way against a KD or Lebron lead team, let alone others ... If they can manage to excel in these areas I think they'll fair well. I wonder if they'll have more success than T-Mac and Yao under Van Gundy (which was a top-5 defense in the league)

College star

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    When he signed, did anyone pen Houston into the finals? No? Yeah I didnt think so but couldn't remember...

Dumb thread. Hes 28. Harden is 24. Parsons is 25. Beverly is 24. Jones is 23.

I think they'll get better. Im not sure. I just think.

As far as this year, yeah they could have made some noise but preseason and even the week before the playoffs nobody had them making the finals but me. So i doubt even Dwight thought they'd compete year 1.
    When you have the best big man in the league, and the "best" SG in the league, you shouldn't be losing in the first round to an inferior team.

They didn't have to make the Finals. But, the first round? Down 3-1 at one point?

Embarrassing.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Should have stayed in Orlando
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    When you have the best big man in the league, and the "best" SG in the league, you shouldn't be losing in the first round to an inferior team.

They didn't have to make the Finals. But, the first round? Down 3-1 at one point?

Embarrassing.
    I agree. A better coach and this shit wouldn't have happened.

Ish ROY 2014

Dafuq Houston has a solid young core that will compete in the West for years to come. Harden is only 24 years old. He's still growing as a player. Meanwhile Mavs have 36 year old Dirk, stone age Vince Carter, and already extinct Shawn Marion
    Last edited by TheMagicMan; 05-03-2014 at 05:27 PM.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I agree. A better coach and this shit wouldn't have happened.
    At least McHale will be shown the door after this. At least one would think.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicMan
    Dafuq Houston has a solid young core that will compete in the West for years to come. Harden is only 24 years old people. He's still growing as a player. Meanwhile Mavs have 36 year old Dirk, stone age Vince Carter, and already extinct Shawn Marion
    The only thing Harden has growing is his stupid ass beard.

Dallas has a lof of cap space this summer. Dirk is taking a massive paycut anyway, Marion and Carter are expiring. So what is your point? What's the worst case for Dwight on this year's Mavs? Worse than a first round exit? With Dirk/Howard/Carlisle? Not going to happen. And next season, the team is going to be a lot younger anyway.

So I don't see where you're going

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicMan
    Dafuq Houston has a solid young core that will compete in the West for years to come. Harden is only 24 years old people. He's still growing as a player. Meanwhile Mavs have 36 year old Dirk, stone age Vince Carter, and already extinct Shawn Marion
    The Mavs with Dirk/Howard this year and a filled out roster this year would have been better than the Rockets...

Then this summer, we'd have a ton of cap space.

I'm just not a big Harden guy, so I think 3 years with Dirk and then his own squad in Dallas with a better coach is just a better situation for Howard.

I don't blame him for going to the Rockets, but I just thought he'd realize how perfect him playing with Dirk would have been after his time with Ryan Anderson.

I love people knocking old ass carter, marion, dalembert...in this thread. yet those guys are all playing key roles against the Spurs right now and we are taking them to 7 without HCA...while the Rockets are at home in 6 against an inferior opponent.

LOL

Ish ROY 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    The only thing Harden has growing is his stupid ass beard.

Dallas has a lof of cap space this summer. Dirk is taking a massive paycut anyway, Marion and Carter are expiring. So what is your point? What's the worst case for Dwight on this year's Mavs? Worse than a first round exit? With Dirk/Howard/Carlisle? Not going to happen. And next season, the team is going to be a lot younger anyway.

So I don't see where you're going
    You're seriously going to talk cap space when the Lakers could've offered Dwight the same thing and he left it?

Lol Deron Williams coming to the Mavs. Lol CP3 coming to the Mavs. Lol Dwight coming to the Mavs. Lol cap space.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Is this thread a joke? Why would Dwight sign with a group of washed up have been? I mean, Golden State I'd understand. Dallas doe? Please. Give me a break.