Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Nowitzki::::My main goal is now The NBA championship

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
    Look Dirk and Howard together arent enough to put them over the edge. thats why they traded their future pg away for Kidd. Josh Howard is up and coming and has the potential to have the edge over Dirk. But doesnt mean I think Josh could lead them to a championship. Look Dirk is a shooter and he does it well but if you shut that down he doesnt have anything else. its not more on Josh that I think he more reliable, its more of a lack of trust on Nowitzki's side.

He is soft . yes he has gotten better physically over the years, he is still a 7 footer that gets slapped around by David West. hey its not like im underrating the guy, hes one of the top forwards in the game but he is soft and you cannot put the trust on his back to lead a team. Mark Cuban knows that even though he wont admit it, and i think you understand what im trying to say admit it or not.
    Who in the NBA can you trust to put the team on their back lead a team then?

I'm curious.

Decent college freshman tian820's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakerpro

I'm curious.
    Don't know if this is a general question, but Dirk would be on my short list.

Others include Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Paul and maybe Wade. Past those guys as of right now, I wouldn't really "trust" anyone in particular

you had ur chance Nowitzki

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson
    he should join one of these teams then:

lakers, celtics, rockets,...
    The Rockets that haven't dont jack so why mention them is beyond me. Dirk has a better chance of winning in Dallas then he ever would in Houston. Particularly with the plague aka Tracy McGrady roaming that arena.

Fantasy Forum Mod haterofhaters's Avatar

I'm curious.
    As has been pointed out, nobody is gonna win a championship single handedly, no matter how good you are. In terms of who i'd use as a building block (assuming prime),

my list would be:
    Shaq
    Kobe
    Lebron
    Garnett
    Wade
    Duncan

I'm curious.
    Personally I think Dirk would be better off as a second option. and by looking at the past championships ill give examples

08 - Celtics KG was the defensive statue and majorly affected the whole team. and Pierce carried the offensive load (reason why many believes he was previously uderrated)

Kobe, i know they lost but i still believe Kobe can lead this Laker team.

I think Chris Paul can lead his team. He is not surrounded by the best talent but he makes his teammates better. Hornets would struggle to be a playoff team with CP3.

07 - Spurs Duncan has been leading this team for years i know i dont have to explain that. Parker won MVP however in this case.

06 - you could say all the stuff about Shaq and im not taking anything away from him but if you watched the game, Wade was heroic in CARRYING miami.

For years there has been that special guy. of course you have to surround him with talent but that guy made it happen (outside the 04 pistons). History shows it. And IMO i dont think Dirk can.

Quote Originally Posted by haterofhaters
    As has been pointed out, nobody is gonna win a championship single handedly, no matter how good you are. In terms of who i'd use as a building block (assuming prime),

my list would be:
    Shaq
    Kobe
    Lebron
    Garnett
    Wade
    Duncan

Duncan, Shaq, and maybe Wade are the only players that have proven themselves to lead a team to anything more than Dirk.

Real talk what has Kobe led a team to?

His last two Finals trips are on an all team level of embarrassing.

Why is it that Kobe plays like ass and chokes the last two times he went to the Finals and he can still lead a team?

He wasn't even the first option in 2004 and still played like ass but people poo poo it like its nothing.
    Last edited by Sneakerpro; 08-22-2008 at 06:09 PM.

Duncan, Shaq, and maybe Wade are the only players that have proven themselves to lead a team to anything more than Dirk.
    Real talk what has Kobe led a team to?

His last two Finals trips are on an all team level of embarrassing.

Why is it that Kobe plays like ass and chokes the last two times he went to the Finals and he can still lead a team?

He wasn't even the first option in 2004 and still played like ass but people poo poo it like its nothing.
    There are very, emphasis on VERY few players in this league who, as key guys, ever lead their team to a championship. However, just because Dirk shares with some other stars that he hasn't led a team to a championship, doesn't mean that they are all on the same level.

Kobe and Lebron both ran into top defensive teams in the Finals who converged on them, and made it so the rest of the team had to beat them. Lebron's team wasn't very good, Kobe's team was pretty good, but they would've had to overachieve to win that series.

Dirk on the other hand was taken out as the #1 seed against a lesser Golden State team, while being guarded by Stephen Jackson, then was taken out by an inexperienced NOH team and punked by David West, and before that he was a main factor in blowing a 2-0 lead to an underdog Heat team that was on the ropes.

Dirk will always have the ability to put up big numbers, but he's not mentally tough enough and he often fades when his team needs him the most. That's why i'd take Kobe or Lebron over him in that regard.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
    you had ur chance Nowitzki
    & how does that matter..If thats the case, Allen Iverson had his chance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
    & how does that matter..If thats the case, Allen Iverson had his chance as well.
    eh, Iverson never had a chance in the finals so its not really a blown oppurtunity.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    eh, Iverson never had a chance in the finals so its not really a blown oppurtunity.
    I know Iverson & the sixers never had a chance in winning that series..But saying Dirk is not deserving is not true

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    exactly.

The Mavs had the upper hand. They were a 60 win team coming in, and had a head of steam coming off wins over the Spurs, and Suns. The Heat were a good team, but they were overmatched from an on-paper standpoint. Dwayne Wade just proved to be the more clutch/dependable player when the chips were down.

The Sixers on the other hand were severely outmatched and taking 1 game was a surprise in itself.

Decent playground baller Thom.Yorke's Avatar

tell dirk to come to the lakers for a small paycut and he'll have a ring. the next season.

LA wants you Dirk. do it.

Quote Originally Posted by haterofhaters
    There are very, emphasis on VERY few players in this league who, as key guys, ever lead their team to a championship. However, just because Dirk shares with some other stars that he hasn't led a team to a championship, doesn't mean that they are all on the same level.

Kobe and Lebron both ran into top defensive teams in the Finals who converged on them, and made it so the rest of the team had to beat them. Lebron's team wasn't very good, Kobe's team was pretty good, but they would've had to overachieve to win that series.

Dirk on the other hand was taken out as the #1 seed against a lesser Golden State team, while being guarded by Stephen Jackson, then was taken out by an inexperienced NOH team and punked by David West, and before that he was a main factor in blowing a 2-0 lead to an underdog Heat team that was on the ropes.

Dirk will always have the ability to put up big numbers, but he's not mentally tough enough and he often fades when his team needs him the most. That's why i'd take Kobe or Lebron over him in that regard.

Kobe's team was the hands down favorite to win the series by every sports publication in the world and Vegas.

The Miami Heat man for man had a better team than the Dallas Mavericks that year. People severly underrated how good that Miami Heat team was. Its not like they didn't beat a 60+ win Pistons team en route to the Finals. Alonzo Mourining and James Posey were bench players for that team and they would start on the Mavs right now and then.

New Orleans was just flat out beter than Dallas they had a better team a better record and outside of Dirk NOBODY showed up game to game. Even bringing that up is a horrible argument. Kobe got choke slammed by Raja Bell and didn't do anything except damn near not score in Game 7 and pull off yet another one of his historical level playoff collapses.

I will say this though, there is no excuse or argument about what happened versus Golden State.
    Last edited by Sneakerpro; 08-22-2008 at 09:01 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    so dirk's been sayin all along in the past that hes been holding something back in the tank so he can get germany to the olympics... so he doesnt go all out for dallas during the season/playoffs.

thats what this message sounds like to me.
    No, you try and find a negative way to spin anything about dirk b/c you are stupid hater.