Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-21-2007, 01:36 PM   #1
brian281
Saw a basketball once

Thumbs up Mike Conley Jr

On Mike Conley Jr's new blog, he just posted about his workout with the Bulls and his trip to Chicago. It's a pretty good read and I thought some fellow Bulls fans would enjoy.........http://yardbarker.com/users/MikeConleyJr
brian281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
captainkirk
Decent playground baller

Default Re: Mike Conley Jr

yeah but I don't think we have any chance to pick him, Conley will be choose between the #3 and the #7, unfortunately I also think some team will steal us Hawes (#7 or #8) so maybe it's better use this #9 to trade and have some good player instead of a rookie risky Yi as well as Noah...
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

even if conley was available at 9, i wouldn't take him...........then, we're gonna have 3 starting undersized guards..........

hinrich - 6-3
gordon - 6-3
conley - 6-1

he's good, don't get me wrong......and i think he'll be a very good pg in the next few years........hinrich and gordon already got killed in the playoffs by billups and rip, you don't wanna throw conley in there guarding billups and have kirk alwayz guarding the bigger guard..........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:30 PM   #4
captainkirk
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
even if conley was available at 9, i wouldn't take him...........then, we're gonna have 3 starting undersized guards..........

hinrich - 6-3
gordon - 6-3
conley - 6-1

he's good, don't get me wrong......and i think he'll be a very good pg in the next few years........hinrich and gordon already got killed in the playoffs by billups and rip, you don't wanna throw conley in there guarding billups and have kirk alwayz guarding the bigger guard..........
Are you thinking to a future for Gordon in Chicago yet? :) Conley is a true PG, we don't have a true PG, ok it's not necessary, Detroit has Billups who looks like Hinrich...and they won few years ago...But a good play maker is a rare material in the league and if we have a chance to take him and we don't have any big man "pickable" among Horford, B.Wright, Hawes then why don't take the most rare talent remaining in the draft!? In my strange mind, I figured out that Hinrich can easily play 15/20 minutes every game in the SG spot, Bryant - Hinrich - Conley - Sefolosha would be for long the best back court of the east and maybe of the whole league. But...you know man, it's 1.impossible Conley will fell down on #9 and 2.so far that Kobe joins Chicago
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:43 PM   #5
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

no doubt i agree with you that conley is a true pg and hinrich can easily play the 2.........i was talking about drafting conley at 9 and trading gordon.......letz just say that happens, it all depends on who we gonna get in return for gordon.........if itz hinrich and conley in the back court, thatz great but itz only gonna take you so far.............hinrich is not a great of a scorer/shooter like gordon..........gordon might be inconsistent at times, but he can shoot from anywhere on the court .........it all depends on the rest of the lineup..........if you're just talking about between the 2........i would rather have hinrich/gordon than conley/hinrich..........thatz just my opinion........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:09 AM   #6
KaptnKirk12
Made that high school varsity squad

It's true Hinrich isn't a "true" point gaurd, but I don't see him as a "true" shooting gaurd. He's a combo gaurd, you get everything with him, good ball handler, good shooter, good slasher, great defensive player. If we got rid of Duhon and got a low post player I'd be all for it - but let's not waste a pick when we could have had what we really needed.

We NEED a low post player. We don't NEED another gaurd.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: