Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Is he better than Kobe and Wade?
    1.Kobe
    2.A.I.
    3.Wade

I am simply amazed at how after the Olympics everyone has returned to believing in D-Wade when just a few months ago people here thought it would be a good deal to trade him in a package deal for the #1 pick.

Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    1.Kobe
    2.A.I.
    3.Wade

I am simply amazed at how after the Olympics everyone has returned to believing in D-Wade when just a few months ago people here thought it would be a good deal to trade him in a package deal for the #1 pick.
    I never thought AI was above Wade as a player. Not for the past few seasons. AI produced more last seaosn bc of Wade being injured but I never thought he was still the better player. And you could get the #1 pick for Wade where there is 0% chance of a team trading AI for a #1 pick.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi
    Yeah, I was grabbing at straws to get Chicago to take it. The best I could come up with is that they already have a spot in the offense for an undersized scorer, and AI is an major upgrade.

Both teams are set for a second trade with new partners with Kleiza (playing behind Anthony) and Nocioni (playing behind Deng).
    I just don't think either team should make a move now.

But if Iverson were to be traded I think he would be better off in Charlotte.

Den:Jason Richardson,Nazr Mohammed,Adam Morrison
    Char:Allen Iverson
    Charlotte would have to add some more veteran pieces to fill out the bench and help out in the front court but Charlotte's current starting line-up is perfect for Iverson.

NBA lottery pick

Both teams would disagree.

Iverson is a better player than McGrady at this point but McGrady is more versatile.
    Better scorer, yes, but nowhere near the allround player mcgrady is. mcgrady overall is a better player.most expert have the SG ranking as
    Kobe
    Wade
    McGrady
    AI.

I think he is better then gino, but mcgrady and wade are a stretch,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    I never thought AI was above Wade as a player. Not for the past few seasons. AI produced more last seaosn bc of Wade being injured but I never thought he was still the better player. And you could get the #1 pick for Wade where there is 0% chance of a team trading AI for a #1 pick.
    OK.

That's your opinion,like its some people's opinions that Barkley is better than Malone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    Better scorer, yes, but nowhere near the allround player mcgrady is. mcgeady overall is a better player.
    Who the **** is mcgeady?

NBA lottery pick

Who the **** is mcgeady?
    It was a typo.

Future D1 Dad

he didn't live up to everyone's expectations in DEN. could u imagine him on BOS?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

That's exactly where I think he would improve a team - Boston.
    If Allen was not their , AI would work much better in pick & roll , pick and pop around Garnett as well as Pierce.
    But for any back court to use AI correctly he needs a big tall SG that can play defense.

Can someone seriously suggest to me why Iverson should all of a sudden want a reduced role and ride benches for a Championship when he just put up 26.4/7.1 last season.

He's not old,he's still in his prime like Jordan was at 33 and other great players from the past.

Wow this thread is ****ing stupid.
    Maybe because we're talking about another year from now? He won't put up 26/7 this year. Maybe 23/7? In the '09-'10 season when he's 34 years old he won't put that up. The reason I made the Van Exel comparison is because Nick was putting up 21/8 at the time he was traded, not too far off from what Iverson will be doing next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    That's exactly where I think he would improve a team - Boston.
    If Allen was not their , AI would work much better in pick & roll , pick and pop around Garnett as well as Pierce.
    But for any back court to use AI correctly he needs a big tall SG that can play defense.
    Guards who would pair well with AI:
    Larry Hughes
    Kirk Hinrich
    Chauncey Billups
    Joe Johnson?
    Deshawn Stevenson
    Jason Kidd?
    Tracy McGrady
    Raja Bell

I believe AI is most effective playing off the ball. If he could get a big guard that could run an offense and switch on defense so AI guards the point, he could become super effective on both ends.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    Maybe because we're talking about another year from now? He won't put up 26/7 this year. Maybe 23/7? In the '09-'10 season when he's 34 years old he won't put that up. The reason I made the Van Exel comparison is because Nick was putting up 21/8 at the time he was traded, not too far off from what Iverson will be doing next year.
    How do you know? Are you his agent or something?

Go back to East Allen!

Orlando make it happen!!

He better stay away from the suns .

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    He has the ability to be a 20/10 player, maybe on low efficiency, but he has had that ability his whole career. It would be great if he can turn into that, but unfortunately I think he's too old and too stuck in his ways.

Oh there is no doubt in my mind Iverson can put up 20 and 10. My point is, if he goes to any contender in the league and play HIS STYLE OF PLAY and put up his usual 30 and 7 or 28 and 8 or whatever, that contending team probably doesnt improve, and maybe even take a step back.

If he wanna go to a contender and actualy make that team better? He will basically have to drastically tone down his game and put up pedestrian numbers. Like a off the bench energy guy with the second unit, or a pesky passing lane-playing, run-around-the-court-disrupting-everyone-type of players. He'll also help a team as a ball handler who is not the focal point of the offense, someone who'll set up the play and back the hell off, only coming in if the shotclock is winding down and we need someone to creat something.

If he plays the same way he always plays, the ball-dominating, everything-runs-through-me style on the Spurs/Lakers/Suns/Boston/Cavs. They probaly take a step back. His style still help a team lacking the firepower/talent, but not on a team that's already a contender. They already have the firepower, and they have a system that will only be disrupted by a ball stopper.