Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-15-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board
Default What are your favorite Laker playoff memories?

My favorite Laker playoff memory is Game 7 WCF against Portland. They overcame an epic deficit and finally got themselves to the Finals.

What are any else's great Laker moments or memories during the playoffs?
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #2
Neeuzafah
I airball my layups

Neeuzafah has decent reputation
Default Re: What are your favorite Laker playoff memories?

Magic with the baby hook in boston

The Game 7 Blazers WC comebakc

Robert Horry nails the Queens

DFish with .4
Neeuzafah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #3
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Laker victory over Pistons to win back-to-back championship.
I was watching the game with my good friends from Detroit. We had a mega-magnum of Veuve Cliquot. When the Lakers won, they poured almost the entire mega-magnum on me. Great fun with great fans.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:49 PM   #4
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There are so many, but i remember the exact moment it happend and where I was at. I was jumping up and down like a lunatic
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #5
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Wow....by reading this post, you'd think that "Lakers Basketball" just started during the Kobe/Shaq era.

This is WHY Lakers fans annoy the hell out of me!

Any TRUE Lakers knows that the GREATEST "playoff" memory is when the Lakers FINALLY beat the hated Boston Celtics in Game 6 of the 1985 Word Championship series IN Boston Garden.

Nothing else even comes close!!!
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:30 PM   #6
Poseidon
Banned

Wow....by reading this post, you'd think that "Lakers Basketball" just started during the Kobe/Shaq era.

Any TRUE Lakers knows that the GREATEST "playoff" memory is when the Lakers FINALLY beat the hated Boston Celtics in Game 6 of the 1985 Word Championship series IN Boston Garden.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:56 PM   #7
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon

Why must you be such a di*ck all the time? Seriously just go the Cavs forum now and be an a$s to them. No ones trolling here but you and its realy annoying. I know that was probably the greatest Laker moment, but the thread is about your fav Laker "memories", not greatest laker moments. I was born in 84' so I really don't have "memory" of it happening. I have seen the games on tape but wasnt able to experience it at the time.

Lots of posters here are even younger than me so theres no need to make them feel inferior just bc they dont have memory of earlier events you may have. And you call yourself a "real" fan. You are just a hater and have such low self esteem that you must go on basketball forums and tell everyone how much more knowledge you have than them, when its clearly not true. True Laker fans stick by the Lakers through thick and thin. Your pus$y as$ had to go in the Cavs forum and beg for them to accept you. What a loser. Serioulsy get a life
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:01 PM   #8
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

seriously STFU there have been four posts on this topic, two of them had to do with before shaq, your ignorance grows daily.. secondly who cares when it occured? the question is "what are" not "when were"

back on topic

for myself, my favorite laker moment was when magic and kareem led the lakers over the 76ers to win the first of many to come, you just knew something special had happened and laker fans were in for some good times down the road.... chick hearn was going crazy, (i used to turn down the TV and listen to him on the radio) great series for the lakers...

that season had been my second season of really following the lakers and the magic johnson signing, the finals victory, magic as a rookie winning the finals MVP, playing every position on the floor...lol good stuff
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #9
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board

Actually, I am old enough to remember Laker memories back to the late 70's. However, I decided that I would post a more recent one that most every Laker fan can relate to. There are several others, but I wanted to provoke thought by not posting all of my own thoughts. Keep your thoughts coming, gentlemen.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #10
SCV42
Buck Foston

Quote:
This is WHY Lakers fans annoy the hell out of me

Wow...Laker/CAVS fan? Are you kidding me? You can't be a fan of both. Get off the F*cking fence. Pick a side. You got two wives, too?!?!

What's next? A jazz/bulls fan?

C'mon now.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #11
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCV42
Wow...Laker/CAVS fan? Are you kidding me? You can't be a fan of both. Get off the F*cking fence. Pick a side. You got two wives, too?!?!

What's next? A jazz/bulls fan?

C'mon now.

It's well documented that I'm a Lakers fan first and foremost. However I have also extended my "support" to the Cleveland Cavaliers this post season. It doesn't mean I like or support my Lakers any less.

Why pick ONE wife when you can have TWO?

GO LAKERS!!!! GO CAVS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #12
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeuzafah
Magic with the baby hook in boston

The Game 7 Blazers WC comebakc

Robert Horry nails the Queens

DFish with .4

Co Sign
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:52 AM   #13
SCV42
Buck Foston

Quote:

Why pick ONE wife when you can have two?

If you've ever been married, you should know one wife is enough to deal with!!:)
Old 04-16-2008, 03:25 AM   #14
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I recall having taped the game seven against the Blazers in that first championship of the 3peat.

I remember my father saying that last he saw, the lakers were down by 15 or more in the fourth quarter and that certainly they must have lost.

So I proceeded as a solid laker fan to watch the whole game anyway and just view how it all played out..

Well thankfully and Joyfully I found out that the lakers beat the Blazers in a stunning fashion.. and as I watched I just could not believe the footage before my eyes..

I was 18 at the time and that experience was rather impressionable...

That is my favorite laker playoff memory.....
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: