Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Question Serious Question About The Servant's FT Shooting

So someone made a thread about yet another random ESPN stat streak. This one comparing Jordan and Durant's games with a minimum of an arbitrary 25 points. What jumped out at me was the FT shooting. During his streak, MJ was getting 11.6 FTA/gm while shooting 28 FGA/gm. In his Durant is taking one less, 10.6 FTA/gm while taking 'only' 22 FGA/gm.

Now on the surface that looks like one guy getting one more FTA/gm on about 6 more shots/gm. But looking more into the #s, Jordan was only taking about 1 3 attempt per game while KD is taking 7. That means that while Jordan was getting about 12 FTA/gm while taking 27 shots per game inside the 3 pt line, KD is getting 11 while taking only about 15 in the same area.

Looking into it further, during his prime/first championship run ('89-'93), Jordan was getting 8 FTA on about 21 FGA/gm inside the 3. Meanwhile, KD ('00-'14) is getting 9 FTA on about 15 FGA inside the arc.

How is this possible? Does his rip through move really produce that many legitimate fouls/FTA?

MJ's FTr (FT attempts per FG attempt) was .353 during that span, and his career high was .459 (rookie year). Meanwhile, KD is at .469. At only 25, he's already logged a high of .523 (last season).

I've seen a bunch of KD's nationally televised games and have not seen him make a concerted effort to get to the paint (only 39% of his shots are in the paint/post, compare that to 54% for Bron). Can anyone who watches him on a consistent basis explain how he's getting such a ridiculously high rate of FTA?

Default Re: Serious Question About The Servant's FT Shooting

He makes an effort to look for contact and flop everytime he feels something touching him. It's not as visible as LeBron's occasional patented headsnap, but it makes refs blow their whistles everytime.

He is the most skilled scorer in the game who moves like a guard with the length of a legit center.

For some reason defenders have a hard time stopping him without fouling.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dannywpt
    He is the most skilled scorer in the game who moves like a guard with the length of a legit center.

For some reason defenders have a hard time stopping him without fouling.

no brah, there's a foul on every play in basketball, durant just gets the calls

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    no brah, there's a foul on every play in basketball, durant just gets the calls

This. They don't call him FT35 for nothing.

He gets all the calls

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    He gets all the calls
    nice avatar, bro.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    So someone made a thread about yet another random ESPN stat streak. This one comparing Jordan and Durant's games with a minimum of an arbitrary 25 points. What jumped out at me was the FT shooting. During his streak, MJ was getting 11.6 FTA/gm while shooting 28 FGA/gm. In his Durant is taking one less, 10.6 FTA/gm while taking 'only' 22 FGA/gm.

Now on the surface that looks like one guy getting one more FTA/gm on about 6 more shots/gm. But looking more into the #s, Jordan was only taking about 1 3 attempt per game while KD is taking 7. That means that while Jordan was getting about 12 FTA/gm while taking 27 shots per game inside the 3 pt line, KD is getting 11 while taking only about 15 in the same area.

Looking into it further, during his prime/first championship run ('89-'93), Jordan was getting 8 FTA on about 21 FGA/gm inside the 3. Meanwhile, KD ('00-'14) is getting 9 FTA on about 15 FGA inside the arc.

How is this possible? Does his rip through move really produce that many legitimate fouls/FTA?

MJ's FTr (FT attempts per FG attempt) was .353 during that span, and his career high was .459 (rookie year). Meanwhile, KD is at .469. At only 25, he's already logged a high of .523 (last season).

I've seen a bunch of KD's nationally televised games and have not seen him make a concerted effort to get to the paint (only 39% of his shots are in the paint/post, compare that to 54% for Bron). Can anyone who watches him on a consistent basis explain how he's getting such a ridiculously high rate of FTA?

He is skinny, so when he drives and get pushed his body looks like he getting tossed around. He also gets fouled a lot on jumpshots because of his height. Cgfcf'cff

the NBA is rewarding players who aren't buff/don't work out in the weightroom..he gets fouls the same way harden gets fouls

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    He gets all the calls
    Is that it all comes down to? It's that simple?

I mean unless the whistle blows virtually every time he's in the neighborhood of the painted area, doesn't explain the ridiculously high rate of FTs he's getting. I was honest about the rip through move too. I know the NBA is trying to crack down on that weak cheap shot, but KD was definitely using it to his advantage and getting a ton of unnecessary FTAs from doing that 21+ ft from the basket in previous years.

Is he still getting away with that this season? Only way I could possibly explain away getting 10+ FTA on only about 8 shot attempts per game in the paint.

He gets all the calls.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Last night when i got home i starded whatching the OKC - Spurs game.

I watched 2 minutes of it and Durant made a rip through. Immediately switched channels.

Jordan stans starting to get threatened by KD?

If you wanna complain about someone's FT shooting, you should be moaning about James Harden.

Durnt is a much better shooter, people try to hack him and get away with it on jumpers. They are usually successful, although he gets the call occasionally

KD has over 100+ more FTM and FTA than the 2nd place guy

how does anyone not find this absurd for a jump shooter?