Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #31
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.
 
Timmeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: East of civilization.
Posts: 3,481
Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Felton/Tynsley Trade talks....

I'm at the point where I want to see Felton traded (I know, I know), because after seeing these last couple of games, he tends to hurt more than help. The team flows so much better when DJ is in.

I don't hate Felton, I was actually pretty stoked when he hit that half-court shot tonight, but I almost thing trading him for a veteran big would be one of those moves that somehow unlocks this team's total potential.

I've always been a big proponent of having as many guys on the team as possible play in the game. After seeing Cartier Martin play some tonight, it's obvious Brown is looking at at least an 11 man rotation with Nazr and May being the only ones without PT.

Dumping Nazr's and May's contracts for a backup SG and 3rd option big man would work wonders. Here's how I see it.

Guards: Felton/Augustin/Singletery/Bell
Wings (where these players tend to perfom best): Radman/Diaw/Wallace/Martin
Bigs: Okafor/Ajinca/Diop/Howard

I don't include Nazr and May because they don't play. Singletery is basically there in case of injury and may get thrown in a trade if teams don't want May. It's also obvious that Ajinca will get limited PT simply because he's a project.

3 trades I'd like to see:
Cats trade Felton/Mohammed/May to Pacers for Tinsley/Murphy/Daniels (40% chance)
Cats trade Mohammed to Knicks for David Lee (10% chance)
Cats trade Felton/Mohammed to Heat for Daequan Cook/Mark Blount (10%)

The percentages are the likelihood of the deal happening based on things I've read or heard. To be honest, I would just like to see one more deal made, involving any or all of either Felton, Mohammed, May or Singletery.

Will it happen? Eh, I dunno, but it would make my day more interesting tomorrow.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:05 AM   #32
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour
 
acidbasesalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 232
acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation
Default Re: Felton/Tynsley Trade talks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I'm at the point where I want to see Felton traded (I know, I know), because after seeing these last couple of games, he tends to hurt more than help. The team flows so much better when DJ is in.

I don't hate Felton, I was actually pretty stoked when he hit that half-court shot tonight, but I almost thing trading him for a veteran big would be one of those moves that somehow unlocks this team's total potential.

I've always been a big proponent of having as many guys on the team as possible play in the game. After seeing Cartier Martin play some tonight, it's obvious Brown is looking at at least an 11 man rotation with Nazr and May being the only ones without PT.

Dumping Nazr's and May's contracts for a backup SG and 3rd option big man would work wonders. Here's how I see it.

Guards: Felton/Augustin/Singletery/Bell
Wings (where these players tend to perfom best): Radman/Diaw/Wallace/Martin
Bigs: Okafor/Ajinca/Diop/Howard

I don't include Nazr and May because they don't play. Singletery is basically there in case of injury and may get thrown in a trade if teams don't want May. It's also obvious that Ajinca will get limited PT simply because he's a project.

3 trades I'd like to see:
Cats trade Felton/Mohammed/May to Pacers for Tinsley/Murphy/Daniels (40% chance)
Cats trade Mohammed to Knicks for David Lee (10% chance)
Cats trade Felton/Mohammed to Heat for Daequan Cook/Mark Blount (10%)

The percentages are the likelihood of the deal happening based on things I've read or heard. To be honest, I would just like to see one more deal made, involving any or all of either Felton, Mohammed, May or Singletery.

Will it happen? Eh, I dunno, but it would make my day more interesting tomorrow.

Yeah...no matter what Mohammed is included the trade and that just makes the whole issue a lot more complicated and less active.

But why should the Bobcats trade for Lee?, I thought the addition of Radmanovic should help a bit in PF. We have Okafor and Diop who are great rebounders. If Lee's in Charlotte he'll have to play PF and that will squeeze Diaw's minutes. Diaw is critical in the ball rotation and helps Okafor so much in scoring and disrupting opponents' defense.

I think Charlotte seriously needs an upgrade at PG and SG. So far I think the best options are Larry Hughes, and Sergio Rodriguez. Apparently, Chicago, and Indiana are very active in finding a new team for those players. Throw in a 2nd round pick to sweeten a trade will be great.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #33
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 883
~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board
Default Re: Felton/Tynsley Trade talks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbasesalt
I think Charlotte seriously needs an upgrade at PG and SG. So far I think the best options are Larry Hughes, and Sergio Rodriguez. Apparently, Chicago, and Indiana are very active in finding a new team for those players. Throw in a 2nd round pick to sweeten a trade will be great.

I don't see either of those options being an upgrade...I absolutely don't see Hughes being an upgrade to Raja Bell.

We need some depth at the 2, but with Felton able to play both positions I'm pretty happy with the status quo. I also don't think that DJ is near to being ready to start.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:30 AM   #34
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 20,260
rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Felton/Tynsley Trade talks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
I don't see either of those options being an upgrade...I absolutely don't see Hughes being an upgrade to Raja Bell.

We need some depth at the 2, but with Felton able to play both positions I'm pretty happy with the status quo. I also don't think that DJ is near to being ready to start.

Have to agree here. Felton can be infuriating, but his play has definitely improved under LB and DJ is coming along great with the help of both of them.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #35
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.
 
Timmeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: East of civilization.
Posts: 3,481
Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Felton/Tynsley Trade talks....

I saw some stats on Augustin last night. In the 9 games he's started, his stats have doubled than in the 20+ games he's come off the bench. Even when he started his minutes weren't significantly greater than coming off the bench.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #36
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 20,260
rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Felton/Tynsley Trade talks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I saw some stats on Augustin last night. In the 9 games he's started, his stats have doubled than in the 20+ games he's come off the bench. Even when he started his minutes weren't significantly greater than coming off the bench.

DJ's our future, no doubt.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #37
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 883
~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board
Default Re: Felton/Tynsley Trade talks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
DJ's our future, no doubt.

Maybe...maybe not. He still has a long way to go on the other side of the ball.

Case in point; last night when he was matched up on TJ Ford on a drive TJ took it right at him, he got sideways and ended up getting the foul. About a quarter or so later Felton was covering TJ on the drive, stayed in front of him and got an offensive foul.

Not saying he can't or won't learn to be better (I think he will), but there's much more to running a team than just scoring.

In the ORL game he scored well (esp. in the 2nd quarter), but if you look at his opponents during that same period they had a great offensive run too.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy