Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-02-2008, 05:24 AM   #16
Hopper15
Serious playground baller

Default Re: Trade Proposal: Bobcats and GSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC ThunderCats
Lets see...

Felton - young, athletic pg with untapped potential, handcuffed by dumb coaching... although he hasn't had as much success, he has the physical tools to be one of the top PGs in the league. Seeing what Larry Brown did for Billups, I can't wait to see what he could do with Felton. Plus trading him leaves us with just one, unexperienced PG. Based on that alone, the trade would be dumb.

Morrison - admittedly had a forgettable rookie year. However, although wildly inconsistent, he showed flashes... dropped like 28 in the last 15 minutes of a game against Minnesota to single-handedly win that game. Also took on and conquered Bowen and the Spurs to upset them in San Antonio. I think its kinda early to bail on a #3 pick, and I'm curious to see how he's progressed. Plus his trade value right now is probably as low as its ever gonna be (i hope), so if we must move him, let him show what he's got first and get better value.

Harrington - tweener SF/PF who likes to shoot too many 3s, and doesn't play defense. Plus he adds to the glut of 3/4s we already have.

Soooooooooo, if I'm G. State, I love this trade, if I'm a bcats fan, I take up hockey as my sport.

Morrison sucks and Charlotte took PG in the lottery which shows how much they care about Felton, you aren't giving up much.
Hopper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:49 AM   #17
QC ThunderCats
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper15
Morrison sucks and Charlotte took PG in the lottery which shows how much they care about Felton, you aren't giving up much.

Well, I can't defend Morrison too much (I really wanted Rudy Gay), but like I said, this would pretty much just be throwing away a #3 before squeezing out any amount of value that could, maybe, hopefully (please) be there.

And as for Felton, our biggest needs in the offseason were backup PG and big man. Well, we were able to find a hell of a backup instead of signing a free agent (duhon? chris quinn?). And whats wrong with having 2 good pgs anyway, why does one have to go if you can afford both of them (Augustin on the rookie wage for 4 years). Plus Larry doesn't start rookies, and even defended Felton pretty strongly in pre draft interviews. I guess we'll see.
QC ThunderCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:20 AM   #18
B-Mac
T-Mac + B-Diddy= B-Mac

Nice trade
B-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:37 AM   #19
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

it may seem like a pretty bad trade however al harrington is not a chucker at all. shoots the free throw well . can shoot the 3 . he cant defend because he has been ask to defend centers which is bad because he is just 6'9 / if he will play along side okafor am sure they can both benefit from it..
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: