Default How to tape up a jammed thumb?

I've looked around google and was just not finding any videos I liked on how to do it. I was wondering if any of you have had a similar injury and would know how to explain how to tape it.

On tuesday, I went in for a lay up and someone tried to block my shot, but just came all down on my thumb. I wasn't able to move it that night, but 2 days later I can move it enough and the pain isn't as bad so I'm going to play through it. I just want to tape it to try to avoid further injury. Any help is appreciated.

4-5-6 DICK EM

Default Re: How to tape up a jammed thumb?

eh, you don't even have to tape a jammed thumb to avoid injury. lrn to stop pounding the ball and catch the ball with your palms. Anyway, if you do want to tape it just go to the store and buy one of those $5 thumb covers. That's the best way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Kato
    eh, you don't even have to tape a jammed thumb to avoid injury. lrn to stop pounding the ball and catch the ball with your palms. Anyway, if you do want to tape it just go to the store and buy one of those $5 thumb covers. That's the best way to go
    So, you think I'd be fine without taping it? I've tried shooting and catching passes. it hurts, but I mean it's bearable pain, nothing that stops me from playing. I was just trying to prevent further injury.

4-5-6 DICK EM

Quote Originally Posted by AI3Anthony
    So, you think I'd be fine without taping it? I've tried shooting and catching passes. it hurts, but I mean it's bearable pain, nothing that stops me from playing. I was just trying to prevent further injury.
    yea,I always played ball with a jam thumb, I became accustomed to it. It really depends how you shoot. Dribbling it doesn't affect at all if you dribble the right way. Shooting it can affect depending on your form.(didnt affect mine too much). Just don't try to rip no one with that hand or you are in for some massive pain. All in all, I've never injured a jam finger further than it already was playing ball and I was playing an organized game. You rather be safe than sorry though.

yea,I always played ball with a jam thumb, I became accustomed to it. It really depends how you shoot. Dribbling it doesn't affect at all if you dribble the right way. Shooting it can affect depending on your form.(didnt affect mine too much). Just don't try to rip no one with that hand or you are in for some massive pain. All in all, I've never injured a jam finger further than it already was playing ball and I was playing an organized game. You rather be safe than sorry though.
    Thanks man, appreciate the advice. I'll just be careful with it tonight.

4-5-6 DICK EM

Thanks man, appreciate the advice. I'll just be careful with it tonight.
    wait are you playing ball for your school or something?

got damn I miss highschool ball so much

wait are you playing ball for your school or something?

got damn I miss highschool ball so much
    Nah man, I'm 20. It it was just an 18 and over league.

BTW: I ended up re-jamming it again tonight. I was so pissed lol, but it's bearable pain when I play so whatever. Just an annoying injury.

4-5-6 DICK EM

Nah man, I'm 20. It it was just an 18 and over league.

BTW: I ended up re-jamming it again tonight. I was so pissed lol, but it's bearable pain when I play so whatever. Just an annoying injury.
    Omg, Im sorry bro, I told you rather be safe then sorry lol. Yea it might rejam but it's def a playable injury and doesnt affect the game too much. I need to get back out and play some ball, but Ive been working too much so Im getting lazy.

Omg, Im sorry bro, I told you rather be safe then sorry lol. Yea it might rejam but it's def a playable injury and doesnt affect the game too much. I need to get back out and play some ball, but Ive been working too much so Im getting lazy.
    I have the same problem, between work and school fitting in time to ball is almost impossible, but I need it. It's like my happy place

But no worries, i'm gonna tape it up Tuesday. Hopefully on that Tuesday I'll also be celebrating NO cancelled games and NBA discussions going just swimmingly.

4-5-6 DICK EM

I have the same problem, between work and school fitting in time to ball is almost impossible, but I need it. It's like my happy place

But no worries, i'm gonna tape it up Tuesday. Hopefully on that Tuesday I'll also be celebrating NO cancelled games and NBA discussions going just swimmingly.
    I hope so, without a nba season it's gonna be so boring.

I hope so, without a nba season it's gonna be so boring.
    I'll quit my job and assume the fetal position while sucking my thumb until the lockout is over.