Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 04-25-2008, 08:18 PM   #346
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

Default Re: Round 1, Rockets at Jazz game 3, Thu 10:30pm ET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Dive for the ****ing ball Okur!!! Lazy ass.

Okur is one of the hardest working players on the team, what are you smoking? When Jerry Sloan commends a player for his effort, I'm going to think he's a helluva hard worker.

Not everyone's a Paul Millsap.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:54 PM   #347
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
Okur is one of the hardest working players on the team, what are you smoking? When Jerry Sloan commends a player for his effort, I'm going to think he's a helluva hard worker.

Not everyone's a Paul Millsap.

Well you can go ahead and praise his lack of effort and heart then, I won't be join you in doing so. He's far from being one of the hardest working too.

Last edited by Chalkmaze : 04-25-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:05 PM   #348
J.NelsonIsGOAT
Go Jameer, Go!

Battier proved to me that he shouldve gotten DPOY, imo he won the game for them, his defense was unbeliably great.

great game and a good win for houston
J.NelsonIsGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:48 AM   #349
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Quote:
Well you can go ahead and praise his lack of effort and heart then, I won't be join you in doing so. He's far from being one of the hardest working too.

Well, I'm not sure he has no effort/heart.
He just shows it differently than some...
He hits big shots, and he has been posting up with some good aggression lately.
He just has too good a nose for the ball that he doesn't always box out as agressivly as he should.
I have been more and more impressed by him lately, but your complaint about him not fighting for it really is completely valid.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:50 AM   #350
brandonman
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi>mario
He just has too good a nose for the ball that he doesn't always box out as agressivly as he should.
I have been more and more impressed by him lately, but your complaint about him not fighting for it really is completely valid.

he does hit huge shots. HUGE. Didnt he hit the big 3 in game 7 last year against the Rockets to help them advance?
brandonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:03 AM   #351
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Quote:

I didn't say he had NO heart/effort, just that he lacked a lot of it. Great outside shooter to have, I love that part of his game, but he's rather poor in a lot of other areas, areas that he has control of and could improve greatly just by working harder. I understand he's not gonna jump over tall buildings or anything, he has certain physical limitations, but he also has a lot more ability that he doesn't use, he doesn't have that determination that he should, he coasts on his talent a lot of times. If you don't pass the ball perfect to him, he's not gonna even try for it, he stops and takes a picture of it rolling by his feet in slow motion. Watch how many times he could have grabbed a loose ball if he just hustled a little. I bet he does it next game too, I'll point it out in the next thread. I could also mention rebounding, finishing on the break a little less lazy, boxing out (as you mention), and a lot of other little things. I like Memo, but he coasts a lot, and we fans don't criticize him because he's still a good player even when he's not giving it his all.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:35 AM   #352
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Quote:
I didn't say he had NO heart/effort, just that he lacked a lot of it. Great outside shooter to have, I love that part of his game, but he's rather poor in a lot of other areas, areas that he has control of and could improve greatly just by working harder. I understand he's not gonna jump over tall buildings or anything, he has certain physical limitations, but he also has a lot more ability that he doesn't use, he doesn't have that determination that he should, he coasts on his talent a lot of times. If you don't pass the ball perfect to him, he's not gonna even try for it, he stops and takes a picture of it rolling by his feet in slow motion. Watch how many times he could have grabbed a loose ball if he just hustled a little. I bet he does it next game too, I'll point it out in the next thread. I could also mention rebounding, finishing on the break a little less lazy, boxing out (as you mention), and a lot of other little things. I like Memo, but he coasts a lot, and we fans don't criticize him because he's still a good player even when he's not giving it his all.

Its true. I think Turkish Delight put it best when he said,
"Today the ball like me, some day the ball no like me, but today the ball like me."
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:38 AM   #353
patigree
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Its true. I think Turkish Delight put it best when he said,
"Today the ball like me, some day the ball no like me, but today the ball like me."
LMAO
Very wise guy eh
patigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #354
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

he speak good english. nothing like caveman speak. ug ug.

n game 4 is what the jazz are looking at, cant look back at game 3. We got beat, by a team who showed up to play great ball. Utah are gunna have to work hard tonight and i dont think we gunna lose 2 straight at home. Would be a 1st all season
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: