Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-03-2010, 10:40 AM   #31
drwax26
High School Starter

Default Re: Lets Get Rudy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Bulls need to get T-Mac, he's still got game when healthy, and would come at a lot less risk than rudy...we are competing for championships now, T-mac can help us get to the promised land, and what a weapon to have with an already good team, T-Mac would thrive behind a strong team without all the pressure on him

T-mac has never made it out of the 1st round lol.... according to the workout he cant jump and has no lateral movement so who is he going to guard?
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:39 AM   #32
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
T-mac has never made it out of the 1st round lol.... according to the workout he cant jump and has no lateral movement so who is he going to guard?

Hmm, ok didnt hear about workout reports, doesn't sound good, I retract my statement
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:40 AM   #33
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

So....How bout we get Rudy?
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #34
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
Since the Bulls are under the cap, can't we just offer one of "our" 1st round picks in exchange for Rudy? I hope so...

I would luv to see Rudy in a Bulls uniform but I expect he will end up on the damn Knicks. Argh.

I have seen some very recent sources state that a deal for Rudy to the Bulls could be done as soon as Monday. At this point I hope it's true because I finally want this teams roster complete and really wouldn't want to settle on a guy like Bogans.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #35
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
I have seen some very recent sources state that a deal for Rudy to the Bulls could be done as soon as Monday. At this point I hope it's true because I finally want this teams roster complete and really wouldn't want to settle on a guy like Bogans.

I also read some articles including the same kind of information. I hope so. Just hope if he does come here that he works hard for his minutes and doesn't just complain and cause an ordeal over not getting playing time. He's going to split time with Brewer at the 2 spot. That's a certainty, but given there two different playing times I don't see any reason why they couldn't split that time pretty much evenly and both average about 22-24 minutes a game.

Any word on whether or not were going to sign any guys that were on the summer league team?

I read numerous articles that stated it seemed like the Bulls management was leaning heavily towards going into the season with 12-13 guys on the roster and leave 2-3 roster spots open...

I'd still like to see Morris Almond and John Lucas III signed.

Kwame Brown is another player that is out there that we could use.

As of right now it's still:

Rose/Watson
Brewer
Deng/Korver/Johnson
Boozer/Gibson/Thomas
Noah/Asik

Fill in Lucas as the 3rd pg.
Almond as the 3rd sg. (Pretty sure we'll get a backup SG thru signing one or trading for one before camp- Bogans/TMac or Fernandez for example)
Brown as the backup C and slide over Asik to 3rd C.

Leaving us with:

Rose/Watson/Lucas
Brewer/Fernandez/Almond
Deng/Korver/Johnson
Boozer/Gibson/Thomas
Noah/Brown/Asik

Very solid. Very deep. Very versatile. Many aspects of the game covered with multiple players and their matching skill sets.

Although I would understand leaving spots open to be able to have some flexibility that is a nice looking complete roster.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:57 AM   #36
Bull4Life
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Soo Bogans signed,I'm not too excited..! Are Bulls really still considering getting Rudy?
That would mean Korver will play SF,and Bogans would be 3rd SG,if we get RF!?

What's with Roger Mason,did he really signed with Knicks?
What's with Samardo Samuels,did he really signed with Cavs?

Rose ; Watson ; ?
Brewer ; Fernandez? ; Bogans
Deng ; Korver ; Johnson
Boozer ; Gibson ; Thomas
Noah ; Asik ; ? another 4name player :)
Bull4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #37
Rose
Hero in a half shell

The Bulls have signed Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer during the offseason and Friday they came to an agreement with Keith Bogans. Even though the Bulls have three shooting guards, Sam Smith of Bulls.com reports this does not preclude them from pursuing Rudy Fernandez.

Smith writes: "Leagues sources say the Bulls remain very much alive in the potential discussions for Fernandez if the Trailblazers decide to trade him. To this point, sources say Portland is holding back on any trade of Fernandez. But with cap room remaining the Bulls are in play in other trade scenarios for a wing player or big man."

According to ESPN.com's Marc Stein, Chicago has offered to trade a future first-round pick for Fernandez.

One deal the Bulls won't do is send Taj Gibson to the Blazers for Fernandez.

Thank God. I hate bogans.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #38
bullz_rule21
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
So....How bout we get Rudy?

I'm all for bringing Rudy in but it sounds like Portland wants Taj and that just is not happening.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...for_fernandez/

So unless Portland becomes stupid and accepts JJ and a first round pick, Rudy isnt coming over. Maybe re-explore this deal come the trade deadline if a combo of Brewer/Bogans isn't meshing well.
bullz_rule21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:13 AM   #39
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullz_rule21
I'm all for bringing Rudy in but it sounds like Portland wants Taj and that just is not happening.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...for_fernandez/

So unless Portland becomes stupid and accepts JJ and a first round pick, Rudy isnt coming over. Maybe re-explore this deal come the trade deadline if a combo of Brewer/Bogans isn't meshing well.

How is JJ + 1st rounder for Rudy stupid for portland? That actually may be too much to give up. They should u JJ and a Second rounder or Rudy for a future first rounder which i feel is the most fair trade.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #40
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
How is JJ + 1st rounder for Rudy stupid for portland? That actually may be too much to give up. They should u JJ and a Second rounder or Rudy for a future first rounder which i feel is the most fair trade.

I understand that the 1st rounder may not be that attractive bec Chicago is poised to have a very good record=Portland gets to pick very late as compared to getting a 1st rounder with a weaker team like the TWolves or Toronto etc. That is why you are throwing in JJ who still has pretty good potential to be a good player bec of his athletism. Sure his decision making is a bit of a concern but still I think this is a fair deal. If they ask for 1st rounder in 2012, then so be it. Fernandez would really help this team.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:33 AM   #41
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

But doesn't rudy want a larger role? Wouldn't he just be playing the same role as he did in portland?
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:45 PM   #42
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
But doesn't rudy want a larger role? Wouldn't he just be playing the same role as he did in portland?

I know im in the minority here, but I still have reservations about Brewer and esp Bogans. I know Brewer is a good slasher and defender but i have real concerns about his ability to score. Bogans is streaky at best. If, and that is the big IF, Rudy shoots the way he's been shooting, making good decisions while playing good enough defense, then I see him playing atleast 28 mins/game.
If they don't get Rudy, im hoping that Brewer supporters are right about him, that the coaching staff have devised ways on how to hide his deficiencies from the perimeter.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #43
Rose
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I know im in the minority here, but I still have reservations about Brewer and esp Bogans. I know Brewer is a good slasher and defender but i have real concerns about his ability to score. Bogans is streaky at best. If, and that is the big IF, Rudy shoots the way he's been shooting, making good decisions while playing good enough defense, then I see him playing atleast 28 mins/game.
If they don't get Rudy, im hoping that Brewer supporters are right about him, that the coaching staff have devised ways on how to hide his deficiencies from the perimeter.
agreed repped
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: