Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 07-13-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
TBurge
Bynum vs. Oden

TBurge has decent reputationTBurge has decent reputation
Default If O'Neal is healthy?

If Jermaine O'Neal has an all-star season in Toronto and plays between 70-82 games will you be happy for him? Or, will you be pissed off he didn't show the work ethic in Indiana after signing his max contract?
TBurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If O'Neal is healthy?

it's more than likely that he'll kick some ass up there if he's healthy being it a new team, new town, new atmosphere, etc...it always happens that way.

i wish him the best of luck though, i'm not mad at all about him leaving.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:54 PM   #3
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

I have mixed feelings about JO leaving. At first I respected the fact that he was professional about it and didnt come out publically and say he wanted out (like Artest did). Then when he got traded we got good value for him (a starting PG, an expirer and a first rounder). Then when I heard his press conference in Toronto he said that hes happy to be out of Indy and the last 4 years were the worst situation hes ever been in.

He basically bashe the whole Pacers organization by saying that. We also save a lot of money getting rid of him. But to be honest, I dont think hes going to be healthy. Hes over 30 and he hasnt recovered from that injury when he was younger, so I dont see him recovering from it now. Though he claims hes healthy now, Pacer fans have heard this come out of his mouth for the past 3 years and the same thing happens every season
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:13 PM   #4
DinoRadja40
Favre's Last Stand

DinoRadja40 is considered somewhat coolDinoRadja40 is considered somewhat cool

dont worry, JO IS DONE, SAVE THIS POST....

this guy is a selfish a$$hole. He owes me about $5000 the way i see it, f*ckin prick.
DinoRadja40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:45 AM   #5
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoRadja40
dont worry, JO IS DONE, SAVE THIS POST....

this guy is a selfish a$$hole. He owes me about $5000 the way i see it, f*ckin prick.
why does he owe you money?
Old 07-15-2008, 08:57 AM   #6
DinoRadja40
Favre's Last Stand

DinoRadja40 is considered somewhat coolDinoRadja40 is considered somewhat cool

False Advertisment.
DinoRadja40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #7
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i wish him the best of luck, and i expect him to put up similar numbers that he has the last 2-3 seasons, with 19+ ppg and 10+ rpg along with 2+ bpg and apg.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:17 PM   #8
TBurge
Bynum vs. Oden

TBurge has decent reputationTBurge has decent reputation

The question is whether he becomes the next Chris Webber (failed in Philly), Pau Gasol (awesome in LA), or Wallace (Propels to the top).
TBurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #9
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd be happy for him, he's always been classy. I don't think that Toronto presser was anything that wasn't true. He was talking about the brawl, the trade demands, the unclear leadership, fanbase dwindling, etc etc, all facts. Could he have worded it better, or just not said it? Yes, and probably should have, but I don't think it was a dig, just stating what should be obvious to fans.

I'd be upset he couldn't get healthy here sure, but even if he does I'm glad he's gone. We weren't going anywhere with him, healthy or not. His best years are behind him and it's been obvious a rebuild's been needed for a few years.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:56 PM   #10
Anti404
WHY SO SERIOUS

Anti404 has an OK reputation so far

I'm hoping for him to win CPotY while playing in ~65-70 games averaging 15/10/2.5.
Anti404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:16 AM   #11
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti404
I'm hoping for him to win CPotY while playing in ~65-70 games averaging 15/10/2.5.
he'll play around 55 games (60 at max). His average will be around 12/8/1.5

I dont see him playing like how he did 4 years ago. His knee and shoulder have been injured for too many years now and theres no signs of it getting better. Every offseason we hear JO state that hes "100% healthy", as he said that again his offseason. If like a broken record

Last edited by PacerRaptor : 07-27-2008 at 03:28 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:09 AM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
he'll play around 55 games (60 at max). His average will be around 12/8/1.5

I dont see him playing like how he did 4 years ago. His knee and shoulder have been injured for too many years now and theres no signs of it getting better. Every offseason we hear JO state that hes "100% healthy", as he said that again his offseason. If like a broken record
New team, an entire off-season to rehab, a series of intense physicals and team doctor's he had to go through before he became a raptor, something to prove, and a contract that only has 2 years left on it. If all of those factors don't generate at minimum 65-70 games played and 15-16/8-9/2, i'd be surprised. And i'm only going that low because of Bosh being on the team. Need proof that a rejuvination can happen? See: Vince Carter
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:24 AM   #13
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
New team, an entire off-season to rehab, a series of intense physicals and team doctor's he had to go through before he became a raptor, something to prove, and a contract that only has 2 years left on it. If all of those factors don't generate at minimum 65-70 games played and 15-16/8-9/2, i'd be surprised. And i'm only going that low because of Bosh being on the team. Need proof that a rejuvination can happen? See: Vince Carter

eh, i like this guy. where the heck did you come from? never heard of ya but welcome nonetheless.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:47 AM   #14
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
eh, i like this guy. where the heck did you come from? never heard of ya but welcome nonetheless.
Raptors forum if you couldn't tell. I don't believe i've posted here before prior to this but thanks. nice avy.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: