Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 08-11-2008, 10:06 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Elton Brand 1-on-1 Interview

Quote:
The first thing we want to talk about is you being at PCOM during the off-season. Why donít you talk a little about the progress you've made, and how you feel right now?

Brand: It has been great being here at PCOM. The facilities are great. I'll start off with [Head Athletic Trainer] Kevin Johnson. I've had good treatment from his staff and [Assistant Athletic Trainer] Scott [Faust]. We do stuff for the ankles, Achilles, knees and all that other warm-up stuff

I've been working with [Strength and Conditioning Coach] Jesse [Wright] and the coaching staff. We have been alternating cardio, upper body, and lower body. He does a lot of things for my explosion, which is even greater than before last season. I feel a lot of growth. On the court, the coaching staff has been excellent also. I have been working out on the court, expanding my range, working on plays and the positions Iíll be in for those plays with the Sixers. It's all new, but we've been working out a lot. We have massage therapist, Sergei [Khmelevski]. It's great because I can get a massage everyday. The staff has been very helpful.

Did you have a massage therapist with the Clippers, or is this your first experience having one on a regular basis?

Brand: This is my first experience with one every day, so I really appreciate that. It keeps my muscles limber and keeps me healthy.

Do you have certain on-court drills you do everyday?

Brand: We switch it up day-to-day. One day we do jump-shots and ball handling. Another day we do post and interior drills. We mix it up because when we're out on the floor, Coach Cheeks wants us in a lot of different places. So, this season when I get the ball I'm definitely going to do something positive with it. That is what we are working on every day.

Do your workouts differ everyday or do you have a set routine?

Brand: It's a basic set routine. We start at about 8:00am with icing, massage and treatment. We get out at 1:00pm everyday. That is basically the same.

Have you had a chance to workout with your new teammates yet or have you been just working out on your own?

Brand: I am still on my own working out with the coaches and staff. Andre Iguodala has been there. Sammy Dalembert has been there. Lou Williams was just here yesterday doing sprints. We weren't together. We're not playing five-on-five now because right now it is more individual drills. Andre Miller and the younger guys like Thaddeus Young are still working on individual stuff right now.

Is your workout now basically like what you did throughout your career, or have you added any new twists?

Brand: I added some new twists. It's a new team and new players. So I don't want to give advance scouting a heads up (laughs), but I've been working on some new things for sure.
http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/exclusive_brand.html

I highlighted some of the better points. Not a bad read. Good to know he's working on the plays already and what his spots are. Also good to know Iggy has shown up at the practice facility, along with Sammy, Lou, and A. Miller. Good to know Thad is working on his individual skills too.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: