Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Home of the 16

Exclamation Joe Rogan on 'Luck creating success'

There's luck unquestionably that plays a big part in everyone's success. You're lucky that you're healthy, you're lucky that you weren't born in Ethiopia with no feet, you're lucky that you didn't get a bomb dropped on your head 'cause you were in the wrong spot & at the wrong time. There's a lot of luck involved, no question about that. But there's a giant misconception of luck creating success, because it doesn't, it just opens doors -- luck opens doors, & you can **** that up, everybody has ****ed that up, millions of people ****ed that up.

There's a lot of luck involved in being a human being in 2013. People gotta be really careful with the idea that luck creates success, because it doesn't, there's a lot of ****ING WORK involved in being good at anything, & the idea that this becomes created by luck & that these people that are more successful than you are just lucky is a real problem we have in this world, it's a real problem that people have in thinking, & it's a giant error. Because of even thinking that way, you're demeaning other people's success, & that is both NEGATIVE TO THEM & NEGATIVE TO YOU, because it redefines reality for you & you're saying that they're luckier than you, they're more fortunate than you. Well, that's not what happened, YOU ARE FORTUNATE TOO. & It's just that they had an opportunity & they figured it out how to take advantage of it.

Say if you start surfing when you were 6, & you become world surfing champion & I didn't, am I not lucky? That's non-sense & it's ****ing crazy that people think like that. "Ohhhh, you're so lucky, & if your dad didn't push you to surf when you were 6, you wouldn't be world champion." That sort of defining thing is a real problem that people do, & IT CREATES WEAK BITCHES, that's a WEAK BITCH TYPE OF THINKING & that's so prevalent in this world today & we gotta shake that shit out of people.

Default Re: Joe Rogan on 'Luck creating success'

i can dig it

Local High School Star

He's right in a way. It wasn't luck when he stole other stand up comics jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_dc_fan
    He's right in a way. It wasn't luck when he stole other stand up comics jokes.
    When did he? I thought that was Mencia.

Very good NBA starter

One of the best quotes I've ever heard is that "luck occurs when opportunity meets preparation" everybody gets opportunities but few are really prepared to capitalize on them.

I like the podcast, but I'm not a big fan of when people like Joe Rogan (or Malcolm Gladwell for that matter) are telling you they are richer than you because they worked harder than you. Because that's all this is. They are sucking their own dick essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I like the podcast, but I'm not a big fan of when people like Joe Rogan (or Malcolm Gladwell for that matter) are telling you they are richer than you because they worked harder than you. Because that's all this is. They are sucking their own dick essentially.
    He's lucky that people want to talk about meaningless shit.

hes gotten so preachy over the last year or two

i used to love his podcast, but he just repeats himself so much, i cant listen to it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    One of the best quotes I've ever heard is that "luck occurs when opportunity meets preparation" everybody gets opportunities but few are really prepared to capitalize on them.
    The quote is success = opportunity + preparation not luck. Luck is a random variable that you can't account for.

Joe Rogan is cool up until the point where he says Obama is an Alien and his frosted flakes are spying on him.

I love it when he calls out hollywood stars lol. He called Sean Penn a fake tough guy

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I agree it's a complete self serving narrative and reeks of hubris. it also feeds the myth of self reliance and creation that's the ethos of "american dream".

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    The quote is success = opportunity + preparation not luck. Luck is a random variable that you can't account for.
    Success and luck can sometimes be interrelated. Some people attribute luck to some random variable, but that's not always the case. We always see the results of success, but we don't always see what went into that success.

Home of the 16

Lol. You have to have an open mind to watch his podcast or even listen to him in general.

@Knickz, you know what you should do? LAUGH, & not take it so serious. wtf?

Joe Rogan keeps it real, & the way he does it rubs people the wrong way & makes them get out of their comfort-zone, & that's because he's prolly handing them their reality check. If you can't stand Joe, then that might be one of the reasons why.

Joe may be repetitive at times when discussing certain topics, but that's just how it is. You don't see c*nts just stop being c*nts, do you?

Home of the 16

I think I just called Joe a c*nt.

But here's the podcast. He's actually a guest for his bestfriend's podcast - Eddie Bravo Radio -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF96c55PgAA

A guy was explaining the story some book called 'The Outliers' & then Joe just went off on him...

   

the point that joe is attacking is idiotic. his rebuttal is basically just weak and watery truisms dressed up in wannabe tough guy / hipster.

does joe actually challenge himself any more?