Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Predict the busts

Brook Lopez- He's soft and won't even dominate smaller competition. He shot under 47% against much smaller college big men last eyar. He's the next Chris Mihm. You can expect 10 and 6 with a few baskets in the post, a decent midrange J and solid passing skills but not much else.

Sorry to my Bobcats team, but Alexis Ajinca.

BUSTS
    Derrick Rose-He is a long way away from being a legit point guard. He was overhyped.

Eric Gordon-Combo sized guard without the combo guard skill set.

Joe Alexander-This year's recipient of the whiteboy bump. He can jump,but his in-game lateral quickness is suspect.

Kevin Love-He had trouble with athletic bigs in college, and his workout numbers are a mirage. If a guy is not athletic on tape his not athletic period.

Brook Lopez-Stanford Bigman

Studs
    Mike Beasley-Will get it done on the NBA level. Pat had you mofos going.

Walter Sharpe-I thought he was going back to school. Joey D has done it again. He has lottery talent, but has a past. Is a more skilled player than all the bigs drafted not named Beasley.

Darrell Arthur-The slipping he indured may have placed a much-needed chip on his shoulder. Look for him to beast.

Banned

Busts:

Danilo Gallinari-The New York media will make him the posterchild for the Mike D'Antoni era and his poor group of teammates along with the limited playing time he'll receive at the 3 wih Q,Balkman,and Chandler will eventually ruin his confidence and he'll probably be traded elsewhere.

Michael Beasley-Too much is expected of him to translate his college game to the NBA but rarely does that happen.Beasley's a slow footed selfish PF with a basic post game and poor court vision.Beasley also has questionable work ethic which you can tell just from an interview that he either sounds tired or he doesn't seem to have that "extra it" to become a better player.He'll be considered a bust in the media's hype for him but 16/8 sounds like his career averaged.

Russell Westbrook-Undersized SG without the ability to create his own shot that will be used as a PG in Seattle but he lacks the instincts and court vision to be a PG and doesn't have the strength or the ability to alter shots with his 6'7 wingspan against anybody who drives to the basket.Undersized slasher SG's never make it in the NBA.

JaVale McGee-Washington has a poor track record of developing potential in the post and McGee's poor workouts have shown that he is not ready physically to play in the NBA and he'll probably end up as a young developing big man with a 3 year plan attatched to his name but he probably won't develop much after 3 years and be traded.

Local High School Star

Busts:

Brook Lopez
    Roy Hibbert
    Javale Mcgee

Studs (beside the obvious 1 and 2):

Mayo
    Rush
    Courtney Lee (sleeper)

best Value fopr pick:

NJ - CDR at 40

Very good NBA starter

add another vote for the cupcake twins from stanford.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    BUSTS
    Brook Lopez-Stanford Bigman

That statement says it all.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by kidachi
    REMEMBER, WE ALL SEE DIFFERENT. THIS IS JUST ME.

OJ MAYO
    - I really feel he will be. I think he'll be surprised on what the NBA defense has to offer. But IDK. I was wrong with Ben Gordon.
    I would expect Mayo to be much better then Gordon, so if thats all that becomes of him I would say BUST.

College superstar

All of them.

Decent playground baller

Calling Bargnani a bust after only 2 seasons in the NBA is pretty absurd.

Da Mavs

Russel Westbrook,Anthony Randolph,Jason Thompson,and possibly Gallinari and Alexander.

Busts:
    Gallinari - as a knick fan, I would have been happier taking brandon rush at the SF spot... I don't like these soft euros at all.

Eric Gordon - undersized and not very polished. That usually doesn't translate well.

Kevin love - an unathletic 6'7 PF. I don't care if he's lost 15 pounds. Not impressive. He should have milked the college game for as many years as possible because he's NEVER gonna see that type of glory in the NBA. He'll be a good role player as the 6th/7th man for a contending team at best imo. Not worth #5.

Studs:
    OJ mayo - everybody underrates his athleticism, and he was probably the most polished player drafted last night. Not very big, but it doesn't matter... He's a big time player

Brandon rush - athletic, he can shoot, and he defends. He has more of an NBA game than a college game imo and we'll see that in the next coming years.

Brook lopez - not as soft as people make him out to be, and I think after three years of NBA experience he will be a stud to the tune of 17/9/2/2. Brooklyn is gonna love him and lebron.

Michael beasley - his tenacity is what impresses me the most... The kid is just mean. Not the tallest player, but neither was barkley. He makes up for it with his body, and I think he'll be a poor man's charles barkley. It doesn't hurt that he's gonna be under riley's eye for the next few years either.

Jerryd bayless - his work ethic combined with his athleticism is what has me sold. Kid will be a lesser monta ellis, I'm very upset that the knicks passed him up last night.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by K-Mart
    He's one of the worst players in the league, period.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

At least half of this draft will be out of the league in 4 years.

Average class, imo. Maybe worse than average.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Mart
    ^^^ Bargnani's nickname is the Magician, but the only Magic he can do is disappearing in the 2nd half of the season, and getting abused by Dwight Howard in the playoffs.

I still think that he will not be a better player than Danny Manning, and people in this message board labeled Manning as an NBA Draft Busts.

1988-89

16.7 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.0 apg, 1.10 bpg, 1.7 spg,

1989-1990

16.3 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 2.6 apg, 1.3 spg, 0.55 bpg

1990-91

15.9 ppg, 5.80 rpg, 2.7 apg, 1.60 spg, 0.85 bpg

1991-92

19.3 ppg, 6.90 rpg, 3.5 apg, 1.65 spg, 1.49 bpg

1992-93

22.8 ppg, 6.60 rpg, 2.6 apg, 1.37 spg, 1.28 bpg

1993-94

23.7 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 4.2 apg, 1.26 spg, 1.36 bpg,

and so forth

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/danny_manning/index.html

I don't think Manning is a draft busts he is just an under achiever just like 35 percent of the lottery picks since 1985, but at least he won a Bronze Medal during the 1988 Summer Olympics.

NBA Awards and Accomplishment

First overall pick in the 1988 NBA Draft
    2x NBA ALL STAR
    1997-1998 Sixth Man Award