Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #91
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ISH All-Time Quarterback Rankings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Favre had an equally amazing year at age 40.

If Young had a longer career as a starting NFL quarterback I'd have no problem with him being slightly above Favre - I think Young was a more complete quarterback like you said.

....but you just can't put him over someone who has TWICE the longevity, more records, as many titles, and much better durability. Greatness is mostly about your resume, and Favre's is just flat out better.

Well the ranking is a bit subjective. It depends on the criteria one uses. If you look at all the factors then I suppose Favre is the better QB. Favre did have a longer, healthier career and more accolades. But I feel Steve Young was a better QB and more consistent QB than Favre. Favre had a better arm but in terms of accuracy, decision making and running ability Young was better.

I can't argue with anyone that has Favre over him especially when Favre owned Young head-to-head. I forgot about Favre when I made my rankings for some reason and I guess I would take him over. Not by much though.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #92
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Steve Young at number 6. The only thing that keeps him out of GOAT discussions is the fact that his career was shorter due to odd circumstances and of course exactly 318 concussions.

Like I always say, if I was starting a team I would actually take Young as my QB, his physical talent was off the charts and he has the accomplishments to boot.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #93
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Best I ever saw were

Montana
Unitas
P. Manning
Marino
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #94
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Before i start a thread i was wondering if people would be interested in doing an ISH Top 50 Franchise Cornerstones type of thing? Similar to what you guys are doing here. We could get like 10-20 people who would vote on nominees based on certain criteria. Maybe something like production, age, potential, risk, position, and how marketable a player is. Footballs future did a similar thing but it was just one individuals opinion.

Last edited by jazz873 : 02-17-2012 at 04:55 PM.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #95
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Marino won is a landslide.

I'm sticking with Favre for #7.

Results so far:

Bradshaw - Rameek

Favre - Carbine, ballinhun, king beasley

Young - primetime, state of mind, timmy d

need votes from:

mlh, jailblazer, knickballer, silent killer, KG, take it to the hoop, niko, jmt, gobb

Last edited by Carbine : 02-17-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #96
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Before i start a thread i was wondering if people would be interested in doing an ISH Top 50 Franchise Cornerstones type of thing? Similar to what you guys are doing here. We could get like 10-20 people who would vote on nominees based on certain criteria. Maybe something like production, age, potential, risk, position, and how marketable a player is. Footballs future did a similar thing but it was just one individuals opinion.
I would...but going all the way to 50 seems unlikey in here right now...to me anyway
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #97
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I would...but going all the way to 50 seems unlikey in here right now...to me anyway
Whats reasonable 25?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #98
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Whats reasonable 25?
you could probably shoot for 50, and if it only makes it to 25 oh well...

it's just that this forum seems pretty dead to me right now...the SB is over, many posters don't come in here as much...so it doesn't seem likely to me that you'll get a ton of interest

just like with this...it's like 10-15 of us...going very slow
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #99
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd probably put Favre next
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: