Arrow Those times when the mature thing to do is close your mouth and accept it.

This week has been one of those instances.

I won't share the story. It's boring. I was officially reprimanded because of my combative attitude, which casts away my clean reputation along with the ability to defend myself, for anything beyond a curt nod and a forced smile would be seen as further exhibition of my faults.

It does not matter that I have a valid case for why the criticisms of my attitude are unfounded, out of context, or whatever I may believe. I cannot defend myself.

I have a petulant side of me. I dislike those with authority carrying themselves as beings beyond reproach, and I dislike when they refuse to see any picture other than their own. Yet I am imprisoned in my condemnation, bereft of avenues to clear my name. My greatest weaponry has been made to fire in one direction, and that is backward, into my own face.

I have taken a major blow to my stern, and being vocal about my perceived injustices, regardless of how truthful they are and whether I am truly right or not, will only sink me more quickly.

I must say nothing and accept all. I must simply wait for this annual event in my profession to occur again, 12 months from now, and to accept my flaws in full view of those who labelled me with them. I will have to keep my head high, and a sincere smile upon my face as I endeavour to display acceptance of their unwelcome advice, acknowledgment of my failure, and willingness to be a mature human being about it.

My pride is my biggest strength, and my biggest weakness. But later in life, when I think back to this period of adversity, I shall be glad I chose class and dignity over angst and immaturity.

However hard it may be to do so.

Thank you for reading
    Last edited by Bourne; 12-12-2013 at 11:32 PM.

shhhhhhh

Default Re: Those times when the mature thing to do is close your mouth and accept it.

So you got a little pissy and stired the pot at the Christmas party eh....

Default Re: Those times when the mature thing to do is close your mouth and accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    So you got a little pissy and stired the pot at the Christmas party eh....
    lmao no. i work in an industry full of stiffs. I have a bit of a 'combative attitude', which isnt appreciate, and got reprimanded for it :/

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

No, open your mouth and accept it

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    this, get on your knees and smile like a donut

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    this, get on your knees and smile like a donut

what a backfire

do your work and stfu. stop giving people attitudes like you know better.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne
    My greatest weaponry has been made to fire in one direction, and that is backward, into my own face.
    I have taken a major blow to my stern
    i work in an industry full of stiffs

Just swallow, dude.
    Last edited by dr.hee; 12-13-2013 at 11:42 AM.

you guys just made me laugh out loud like 3 times in 20 seconds at work

i hate you all!

*smiles like a donut*

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne
    you guys just made me laugh out loud like 3 times in 20 seconds at work

i hate you all!

*smiles like a donut*
    thats creepy, sitting in front of a computer by yourself and doing that goofy smile while people lookt at you