Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 07-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool
Default Nuggets Lose Najera To Nets

Quote:
Eduardo Najera looks bound for New Jersey.

The free-agent forward told the Rocky Mountain News early Friday afternoon things are “looking really good’’ about him signing with the Nets and leaving the Nuggets after 3 ½ seasons. Najera’s contract is expected to be worth about $12 million over four years.

“I’m in a good position right now,’’ Najera said. “I feel really good about it.’’

Najera said he still hasn’t gotten the final offer from the Nets but hopes to by the end of Friday. Asked if he would accept it, Najera said, “Definitely.’’

Najera was in Orlando, Fla., where the Nets are playing in summer league, on Thursday and Friday to meet with Nets executives Rod Thorn and Kiki Vandeweghe and coach Lawrence Frank. Vandeweghe, New Jersey’s general manager, was Denver’s general manager from 2001-06, and traded for Najera in February 2005.

Friday is Najera’s 32nd birthday. Barring any hitches, he called it a “great’’ gift.

The Nuggets had at least initial interest in keeping Najera, and coach George Karl called him twice during the first week of free agency. However, the Nuggets are deep into the luxury tax and any contract would have cost them double.

“They could have made some moves (to clear money),’’ said Najera, who said he hasn’t heard much from the Nuggets in recent days and they never made him an offer.

Najera said last summer he offered to not opt out of the final year of his contract (paying $4.95 million) and sign a four-year deal that would have paid him a lesser salary last season.

“I offered to save them some money,’’ Najera said of last season. “But, for some reason, it didn’t work out.’’

Najera said it would be bittersweet to leave Denver.

“Definitely,’’ he said. “I spent four years of my life there. I got to know a whole lot of people. Obviously, you get attached.’’

Najera said he and the Nets are discussing a front-loaded contract. One reason is the Nets are trying to carve out a good bit of salary-cap room in 2010 when they are expected to go after likely free agent LeBron James.

The Newark Star-Ledger first reported the Nets had agreed to terms with Najera.
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...e-najera-nets/

Bye Bye, Eddie.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:35 PM   #2
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Nuggets Lose Najera To Nets

Denver mgmt blows another one. The only player on the team that could play any of the front court positions they lose. On the other side mayby if they use their heads they can find a replacement that is younger and hungrier!
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #3
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

So far in this offseason we've actually lost more than we have gained. We need to make a move NOW, come on FRONT OFFICE make a frickin' move already. Stalling = Losing.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anybody care to join me in a mass suicide?
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

Quick Question... Was resigning AC MORE important than resigning Eddie? I give a million dollars to be a fly on the wall in the Nuggets management meetings!

P.S. Should the mgmt team be thrown under the same bus as everybody wants to throw George under? After all George only COACHES the team.. The rest of them picks the player for the team!
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:49 PM   #6
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Karl had too good of a relationship with AC to let him go...sigh....I'm praying for some sort of miracle to get Tyronne Lue.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:50 AM   #7
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
I'm praying for some sort of miracle to get Tyronne Lue.

im sorry if its sarcasm that im not sharp enough for, but i really hope you are joking about lue (or a friend/family of his) - t lue is not an upgrade from chucky atkins

this najera thing is a joke- sign him today and use him in a trade if the nets want him they would probobly send us nachbar or krstic or both for najera & ???

with a roster that is such a mess there is NO WAY you can let your BEST TEAM PLAYER walk for 3 million a year- terrible

imo najera is one of our 5-6 most important peices- whether its a sign & trade or resigning him- the nets are the team that the nugs HAVE TO make a trade with, it sounds as if they would be willing- why would nugs be so dumb to let them have him for free????
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: