Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-30-2008, 08:13 PM   #31
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 is considered somewhat coolDengness9 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Bulls and Deng agree 6yrs 70 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
I feel like I should say something about this because I don't think anybody wanted to see Deng replaced (with Josh Smith) more than me. I have known about this deal since last night but i have been too disappointed to comment until now.

I desperately wanted to see Deng put in his place with a thorough reality check this summer. Instead the Bulls cut him an enormous check, effectively rewarding him for a sub-par season and his negotiating tactics. (the ultimatum)

The issue that I want to mention now is my fear of the Bulls not having any real financial power in the future. I think there is going to be a fiscal crisis in Chicago due to this signing and that means that up to three negative things can happen now;

1)The first thing that would be likely to happen is that the Bulls start shipping off players for virtually nothing in return just to try to create cap relief as soon as possible.

Nocioni, cash, AND a first first round pick ( dear gawd, please noooooooooo!!!!!!!!) for Brad Miller anyone??? Don't answer that question, please.

2) The Bulls lose the cap room to make a move for one of the many free-agents come the summer of 2010.

3) Last and absolutely not least...I am petrified to think of what will happen when it is time to re-sign Derrick Rose in a couple of years.

I feel like I am a witness to a crime scene right now... this is sort of like a cross between the "basement scene" in Pulp Fiction and the rape scene with Jodie Foster in the accused.

Somehow I am being forced to watch this despicable act while a bunch a degenerate Deng fanatics cheer on their hero as Reinsdorf and Paxson get raped. "57 million dollars for 5 years Motha-F#%ka??? Let's play a little game of tell me how my 71 million dollars with a chance of rain plus a potential extra 9 million feel up the tailpipe????ARGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!" What a guy that Deng is, huh?

Yeah, well anyway...anybody who thinks that Deng has not set a tone and precedent with his actions and the heist he has achieved is in denial. La la la!

Anyone who believes that Rose and his agent B.J. Armstrong ( yeah , you remember him. The guy that will always hold a grudge against the Bulls for cutting him right after M.J.'s return to basketball ) will not be asking for ****ing-insane money as they attempt to re-sign as merely the former first pick in the draft....lol.

I wonder what team Rose will be playing for 3 years from now? Better keep Hinrich around so we still have a pointguard. Oh that's right, half the Bulls fan want him Kirk gone because they think HE is the real problem on the Bulls team. Riiiiggghhhhhttttttt.

Seriously, all I can think to myself right now is; I wonder if this will be the year Yao and T-mac finally win a championship? Sad times.

Celtic, I like you dude, I really do. But man, if that isn't one of the most untrue posts I have ever seen, i dont know what to say.

If the Bulls sign BG to a fat contract, then you would be close to right, and i use that term loosely.

Before the 2010-2011 season, the Bulls will have the following contracts coming off the books...

FIRST AND FOREMOST...
Larry Hughes contract end after 09-10 season, ending at 13.6 million!!!!!!!!

Nocioni's contract expires after this season, dropping off another 8 million.

Same goes for Drew Gooden, he comes off the books after this season, dropping another 7.1 million dollars.

The same summer all the BIG FA's hit the market(summer of 2010-11) will be the same summer Thabo and Tyrus are restricted FA's. That means if they are in the Bulls plans and have progressed into really good players, we can resign them. If a huge prized FA wants to come to Chicago, we can let both or one of the two walk to save additional cap space.

I know you wanted J. Smith man, but that was NEVER reality. Like Bullsfan20 said, Deng is only getting 9.4 in the first year of the deal, and as he gets better his contract goes up, which to me, is fair.

Don't jump to conclusions my man. The summer to have cap space is still far away and SO MUCH can happen between now and then.

Last thing, which really really got me. You may not be a Paxson fan, or you may not think to highly of Bulls management, but for you to think the Chicago Bulls would ever let Derrick Rose get away for nothing, that they wouldn't do WHATEVER necessary to have the money to resign that kid... you crazy, straight up crazy.

To add to that last point... Kirk Hinrich comes off the books in 2012-2013. That is the same year Derrick Rose comes off his rookie contract and has to sign long term as an restricted FA or sign the qualifying offer, if the Bulls haven't already locked him up long term, which they probably will have already.

Don't panic about this Deng signing, you seriously know better than that my man.

Last edited by Dengness9 : 07-30-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:18 PM   #32
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 is considered somewhat coolDengness9 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
Hey what's up Dengness? Did you get the pm I tried to send you on here about 4 days ago? It wasn't that big of a deal, I am just wondering if you received it?

It was just about that obnoxious guy DueceWallaces.

Yo i just responded to your PM. I didn't even notice I had a new one. Check it out, thanks for that.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:08 AM   #33
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
I would take Brad Miller for Noce and Gordon.

You're kidding right? That would be a horrible trade for the Bulls.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:13 AM   #34
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow...Noc for Brad Miller?! No way this will, or should, happen. If this happens, the Kings got a steal.

I find it strange how a lot of Bulls fans are so ready to give up Nocioni. Who has played harder for the team since he's joined the Bulls?
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:38 AM   #35
babybulls85
I brick open layups

babybulls85 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Wow...Noc for Brad Miller?! No way this will, or should, happen. If this happens, the Kings got a steal.

I find it strange how a lot of Bulls fans are so ready to give up Nocioni. Who has played harder for the team since he's joined the Bulls?

While I am against proposals of Noc + Gordon for Miller or Noc + a 1st rounder for Miller, Noc for Miller straight up might not be a bad idea.

I don't look at this as a knock on Nocioni, but he is going to be a free agent at year's end and, with the resigning of Deng, Nocioni will probably get more money/playing time from another team. Also, If you look at the makeup of the team, we Need a Big man more than a Backup SF/PF
babybulls85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:42 AM   #36
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Bulls and Deng agree 6yrs 70 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybulls85
While I am against proposals of Noc + Gordon for Miller or Noc + a 1st rounder for Miller, Noc for Miller straight up might not be a bad idea.

I don't look at this as a knock on Nocioni, but he is going to be a free agent at year's end and, with the resigning of Deng, Nocioni will probably get more money/playing time from another team. Also, If you look at the makeup of the team, we Need a Big man more than a Backup SF/PF

Actually, we resigned Noc to a 5-year extension last summer, so we have him for 4 more years and a team option for the '12/'13 season. Here are the specifics:

08-09: $8 million
09-10: $7.5
10-11: $6.85
11-12: $6.65
12-13: $7.5 (team option)

Miller is on for $11.375 million this season and $12.25 million next season.

The only reason I would consider moving Noc is because he doesn't start and makes a good sum of money. He will never be a premiere scorer like Gordon, which is the only advantage he has over Noc, and also why I would give him up to $8 million/year to be a backup. Noc won't lead this team in points even if he gets starters minutes, and his time a PF will be limited with Gooden and TT there.

I think we could get a better offer than Brad Miller, and I definitely wouldn't add in our 1st round pick. I don't know who else I would package in that deal either to make the salaries work. I'm not getting rid of TT, Thabo, Noah, or any of the other young guys along with Noc just for Miller.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:04 PM   #37
babybulls85
I brick open layups

babybulls85 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Actually, we resigned Noc to a 5-year extension last summer, so we have him for 4 more years and a team option for the '12/'13 season. Here are the specifics:

08-09: $8 million
09-10: $7.5
10-11: $6.85
11-12: $6.65
12-13: $7.5 (team option)

Miller is on for $11.375 million this season and $12.25 million next season.

The only reason I would consider moving Noc is because he doesn't start and makes a good sum of money. He will never be a premiere scorer like Gordon, which is the only advantage he has over Noc, and also why I would give him up to $8 million/year to be a backup. Noc won't lead this team in points even if he gets starters minutes, and his time a PF will be limited with Gooden and TT there.

I think we could get a better offer than Brad Miller, and I definitely wouldn't add in our 1st round pick. I don't know who else I would package in that deal either to make the salaries work. I'm not getting rid of TT, Thabo, Noah, or any of the other young guys along with Noc just for Miller.

my bad, wasn't updated on h*opsh*ype. I take back my belief in the trade
babybulls85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:02 PM   #38
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

i do NOT UNDERSTAND why sign luol to that contract when u got noc locked up into 2012 for what 7 mill? #'s wise they put up very similar #'s even tho they play a complete different game, i hope the bulls don't trade noc, he's my favorite player on the bulls and the most under appreciated... mannn i am pissed!
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:46 PM   #39
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Because what we're seeing from Noc is pretty much it... he's not going to get better than where he's at right now. Deng, IMO, has lots of potential still and could turn into a legit all-star. But now he better freakin' start playing like one. I want to see him become the Bulls leading scorer this coming season putting up close to 25/7.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #40
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Bulls and Deng agree 6yrs 70 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Because what we're seeing from Noc is pretty much it... he's not going to get better than where he's at right now. Deng, IMO, has lots of potential still and could turn into a legit all-star. But now he better freakin' start playing like one. I want to see him become the Bulls leading scorer this coming season putting up close to 25/7.

I think he's got a legit chance at 20/10 (kind of like a Jamison stat line w/o the 3's), but I don't think he will get near 25 ppg unless we start running a whole bunch of plays for him, or if he starts hogging the ball like Gordon.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: