Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 10-12-2006, 09:00 PM   #1
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far
Arrow Sebastian Telfair [& Rajon Rondo].....

Part 1: What are ur thoughts and views on Telfair?? Is he goin to be that big point guard in the future that averages 10 assists or will he always be that player with a on ton of "potential" but never does anything and will be a league journey men.

Part 2: Who is a better overall player for the Celts,Telfair or Rondo?? who will start, have the better season, career, more assists and etc.???

Thoughts???
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
REECE
Can barely lace up my sneakers

REECE has an OK reputation so far

Well i think that Telfair is better than what his stats with the blazers would show. He didnt really have the leaders around him to do well. However the celtics have that. Telfair is a great floor leader, and lets not forget he is still only 21 years old. So in my opinion i think that the celtics should go with Telfair and let him develope into that 10 ast per game type player. Although Rondo has played well so far in preseason i dont think he is quite ready to lead a team. So why not Telfair?
REECE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:40 PM   #3
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm siked about both of them (siked means excited for you non-New England folks.)
JohnnySic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Sebas = God
Rondo = Sebas wanna-be
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:52 AM   #5
braden.
Great young streetballer

braden. has decent reputation

Both have shown flashes of incredible play. So did Tim Thomas. Give them time, and hope they put it together.
braden. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:45 PM   #6
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKid
Part 1: What are ur thoughts and views on Telfair?? Is he goin to be that big point guard in the future that averages 10 assists or will he always be that player with a on ton of "potential" but never does anything and will be a league journey men.

Part 2: Who is a better overall player for the Celts,Telfair or Rondo?? who will start, have the better season, career, more assists and etc.???

Thoughts???
Now that I've got a feel for what kind of players they are, I'd like to answer.
1: Telfair would only average 10 assists if the offense was completely about him and his creation. His court vision isn't awful but he dribbles a lot and doesn't advance the ball ahead like a fast break pg would ideally. He's a scoring point, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but his best case scenario is 20 and 6, not 15 and 10. He actually seems like a good shooter though, and that's a pleasant surprise, at least.

2: Telfair might have the better season, but the guy that really makes this team run is Rondo. He's a "true" point guard. If he was even an average shooter he'd be starting and this team would have a winning record. Of course, if his J didn't suck he also wouldn't have slipped so far in the draft and he'd also have done better at Kentucky. Great court vision, seems very intelligent, love the speed, quickness, and hustle. Unfortunately he's the worst shooter under 6'6 in the game today. I hope/expect that to improve so that in a year or two he takes the reins. May end up starting even without improving as a shooter.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:49 PM   #7
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Now that I've got a feel for what kind of players they are, I'd like to answer.
1: Telfair would only average 10 assists if the offense was completely about him and his creation. His court vision isn't awful but he dribbles a lot and doesn't advance the ball ahead like a fast break pg would ideally. He's a scoring point, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but his best case scenario is 20 and 6, not 15 and 10. He actually seems like a good shooter though, and that's a pleasant surprise, at least.

2: Telfair might have the better season, but the guy that really makes this team run is Rondo. He's a "true" point guard. If he was even an average shooter he'd be starting and this team would have a winning record. Of course, if his J didn't suck he also wouldn't have slipped so far in the draft and he'd also have done better at Kentucky. Great court vision, seems very intelligent, love the speed, quickness, and hustle. Unfortunately he's the worst shooter under 6'6 in the game today. I hope/expect that to improve so that in a year or two he takes the reins. May end up starting even without improving as a shooter.

he court vision isnt awful at all IMO he has great court vision i just think right now his problem is that he is over thinking which makes him a split second slower he is more of a reactor than a thinker and i have been surprised with his shooting also he is shooting well from every where including 40+% from 3
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:10 PM   #8
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re:

He's an excellent young pg but he'd be really effective if he could spread his wings and run the offense but with yall havin the black whole dominating the ball 90% of the time....he'll never grow as a playa
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:20 PM   #9
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

true that pierce dominates the ball most of the time meaning telfair doesnt really get a chance to put up big assist number
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:40 PM   #10
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Paul Pierce doesn't "dominate" the basketball more than the norm for a top scorer. If Telfair is going to be a good NBA point guard he has to be able to accomodate players like Paul Pierce. You complain that P is holding him down but Rajon Rondo is managing to average 4 assists, which leads the team, coming off the bench. So what's the reason now? In reality Telfair has ok court vision but is mainly looking to create his own offense, not create for the whole team. He's a scoring point guard.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:54 AM   #11
Rabs_One
I brick open layups

Rabs_One has an OK reputation so far

they'll both be good, but never great, as for the 10 assists i doubt it. I'm not to sure bout Rando but wit Telfair i just dont think it'll happen, not taking anything away from either of them
Rabs_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:46 PM   #12
guacomole
I brick open layups

guacomole has decent reputation

Telfair is a good passer, i disagree with you real men wear green when you say he is a shooting pg. Most of the highlights of this guy are crazy passes. He is not quite a pure point but he is a very good passer.
guacomole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #13
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

The highlights are passes. Speaking as someone that has now seen quite a bit of game-long footage--not just a few plays selected to make the player look good, which is what a highlight reel is--I can tell you that the #1 strength of Telfair's game is getting to the basket and scoring. There's a reason why he only averages 4 assists and just barely more apg than Rondo in spite of being the starter. It's that he's only an average passer...could improve there, but not enough to get to 10 apg. He's at 11 and 4 right now. If he averaged 35 minutes (normal starting pg's pt) he'd be around 5.3 apg. At 40 mpg he'd average 6. These aren't bad numbers but not truly "good." He could and should improve over time but as of right now his court vision isn't special.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:41 PM   #14
guacomole
I brick open layups

guacomole has decent reputation

I see what your saying, but i think he has good passing potential, maybe not 10ppg . I see him as a 17 and 7 or 8 if he has a good year.
guacomole is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: