Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Lebron is NOT more skilled than Jordan (who isn't even the most skilled player ever)

Lebron is extremely talented, but no way his skills are even remotely in the top 10 conversation, at least not yet.
    so stop it.

Good college starter

Default Re: Lebron is NOT more skilled than Jordan (who isn't even the most skilled player ever)

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    Lebron is extremely talented, but no way his skills are even remotely in the top 10 conversation, at least not yet.
    so stop it.
    Watch him lose next year and all these dumb threads die w him.

Default Re: Lebron is NOT more skilled than Jordan (who isn't even the most skilled player ever)

LeBron may be nearly as talented and definitely as physically gifted as MJ (if not more), but skilled? Come on, and that's not a stab at LeBron but as far as overall skillset...LeBron is clearly inferior. Maybe down the road LeBron may have a case for GOAT, he's one of the most complete, well rounded, and productive players our league has ever seen. But at this point, LeBrons offensive game relies more on sheer athleticism, size and brute force than anything else aside from his great passing abilitity and playmaking.

And I'll agree, while I believe MJ is the greatest, I also don't believe he's the most "skilled". Kobe has a case for being more skilled than Michael even though he is not as good as him
    overall.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vertical-24
    LeBron may be nearly as talented and definitely as physically gifted as MJ (if not more), but skilled? Come on, and that's not a stab at LeBron but as far as overall skillset...LeBron is clearly inferior. Maybe down the road LeBron may have a case for GOAT, he's one of the most complete, well rounded, and productive players our league has ever seen. But at this point, LeBrons offensive game relies more on sheer athleticism, size and brute force than anything else aside from his great passing abilitity and playmaking.

And I'll agree, while I believe MJ is the greatest, I also don't believe he's the most "skilled". Kobe has a case for being more skilled than Michael even though he is not as good as him
    overall.
    Yeah great, and this 5'3 dude i know from my hood is the most skilled player on earth. I'd easily take Kwame Brown or Joel Anthony over him though.

overall.
    I agree! Lebron scoring skillset is what holds him back some in the skill for skill argument. Sure he's a great scorer, but when u break down his scoring skillset, he's only truly great at finishing in transition and slashing to the rack. When u look at MJ's scoring skillset, he was a great slasher, great transition finisher, great postup guy, great midrange game, and had flawless footwork. The same can be said about Kobe as well. Now in terms of being a great passer, great rebounder, great defender,and great scorer all in one, Lebron is as good as any SF ever. It's just the scoring skillset that's not as varied.

In terms or being great or dominant, u don't have to be great at all technical facets of the game. It's about dominance and results. And Bron can stuff a stat sheet and provide versatility damn near unparalled in NBA history!

Lebrons footwork, post up, jump shot are all pretty shit to be honest. He's great at barreling in for layups and dunks though
    So skills wise I'd say hes not that great..

But he is a great rebounder and passer. Decent defender, definitely can't defend 1-5 like some retards claim..

Jordan>Kobe>lebron..

OP mad like a muhfukka

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

And yet his the best player in the game, and has been for multiple years.. Good stuff King James.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Yeah great, and this 5'3 dude i know from my hood is the most skilled player on earth. I'd easily take Kwame Brown or Joel Anthony over him though.
    doubt it

terrible logic. No one said being the most skilled player implies being the best to ever play. Not to mention the 5'3 guy probably won't even play the same position as Kwame Brown, so what's your point? "I'd take a center over a guard if they have the same value to a team." no sh*t sherlock.

overall.
    great post. Thanks for reinforcing what I said.

Ummm...what are you trying to say? It damn sure doesn't seem to relate to my post. If anything, I admitted being skilled doesn't always translate into being better, and I never once put down LeBrons physical ability or talent. Did you even read what I said?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    OP mad like a muhfukka
    Lebron stans always say he's a top 5/10 most skilled players, which is wrong. Don't tell me you are a Lebron stan now.

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

When people say skilled they mean his whole game not just scoring. He's the most skilled player I've ever seen and I'm 29 years old. Jordan is the greatest I've seen by far, but Lebron does everything either good or great. You add his size, power, and speed with his passing ability and defense then you have most skilled. He's a very good scorer while Jordan was great. Most you kids never seen MJ play in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    And yet his the best player in the game, and has been for multiple years.. Good stuff King James.
    no one's saying he isn't. But to say his skill level is on top is really far-fetched.
    a player can be broken down into 3 attributes: talent, skill, IQ. Lebron happens to be at a very high level for talent and IQ, but his skills need much more work.