Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The Houston Rockets have suspended first-round pick Royce White

Royce White is the biggest fool in the league. He's using this anxiety as an excuse. It's obvious. I have family/close friends with anxiety and it isn't so debilitating it completely shut down your life. If royce wants to be a f*cking ditch digger that's cool. World needs em. But he's wasting all his god given talent. The rockets AREN'T stupid I'm sure they asked if he'd be able to function in the league and I'm sure he said whatever he could to get that paycheck. Now he's got the for sure money and the excuses roll in. I have never heard of someone with an anxiety disorder that prevents him from flying or being in the spotlight (I.e. basketball game) but then ranting and raving on Twitter like a primodonna. He seems incredibly self centered. If he can't cut it then he shouldn't get paid. He should know that going in. You dont join the army then decide its not for you. You get booted the f**k out. Same here. You want limelight and millions $? Then play ball! Otherwise shut the hell up. If you offered anyone in the WORLD millions for airplane rides, doing what they love (royces case ball) and travel ling the country they'd jump on it. I used to root for this kid (note the use of the word kid) then I felt bad for him, now I really dislike him. ROYCE be a man and ball. You have the winning lotto ticket and you're too much of a ***** to cash it. Provide for you and your family don't be a dissapointment.

Again, royce if you don't want to play ball or can't handle it then wash out. Get lost. Go wait tables. But so far the rockets gave you the opportunity of a lifetime then offered free therapy, and every ammenity you need. All you have to do is sit in a goddamn plane!!!

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Why didn't he come out with this load of horse shit before he signed his $3 million contract?
    Because he is a scumbag who wanted to secure a contract then demand shit because he thought he had leverage. He should be suspended for the remainder of the season or the Rockets should void is contract completely so he no longer continues to make money from the league. He keeps saying basketball isn't worth his life. Why not retire then? The Rockets clearly have no interest in helping you ( which is sort of ****ed up).
    This is the most valid point I've seen made on this whole fiasco. Too bad he can't get himself to fly, now go find a job where you don't have to.

Decent playground baller

Question to anyone who knows the answer how did he play at Iowa State with all these problems but now he can't play for the Rockets? Makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by wpdougie2180
    Question to anyone who knows the answer how did he play at Iowa State with all these problems but now he can't play for the Rockets? Makes no sense
    He drove to every game with the occasional flight

What a ****ing idiot.

I have family/close friends with anxiety and it isn't so debilitating it completely shut down your life.
    I have an anxiety disorder and that statement simply isn't true. On Royce White specifically from everything i've seen and read about his, it has it's limitations but it's something he's thus far in his life been able to work through for the most part. But as a general statement that couldn't be further from the truth. This is coming from someone (me) who's anxiety disorder was so severe at one point that I had a few months where I couldn't so much as leave my own bedroom.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD
    It's like he wants to be blackballed.
    No homo?

This guy has been nothing but problems for the Rockets.

At least they got a beast in Harden to help them forget about this headcase.

So many D League players out there dying to get a chance and this guy won't take a Xanax and fly on a plane.

I hope he gets his money and never plays in the NBA. The guy is stupid, immature and a disgrace to people with mental health problems.

Why did they draft him? Were his anxiety issues not discussed beforehand? Sounds like a bad job by Morey.

The Rockets should just terminate his contract. No team needs this type of distraction.

Waste of a draft pick, someone more deserving of playing in the NBA coulda taken his spot...

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

To clear something up: his issue isn't the flying thing. It's the fact that he wants the organization to agree to follow medical advice...probably on paper. For a business like NBA franchises, that puts them at such a disadvantage - if Royce blooms, becomes an important piece to our team, has a bout of anxiety a week before the playoffs, gets told by his doc to take the summer off, the Rockets can't do crap about it.

That's the cause of this months-long feud.

Dumbest man to never play the nba

I used to try to give him the benefit of the doubt, but this is just ridiculous.