Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Won Avy Bet

Default Re: Obamacare goes into effect, side effects already appearing

Quote Originally Posted by simcjt
    We are pulling the initial money that pays for this out of thin air. The same way we came up with the money for the bailout.
    Ok this is the humble beginnings of an answer. So we're going to start out paying for it by printing more money (thus decreasing the value of everyone's collective dollar).

Ok, so go on. Where is the rest of the half-dozen hundred billion coming from?

코비=GOAT

Read the link I post. It explains everything from a non-U.S. source. It's set up to actually decrease the deficit though it is a stretch.
    lul. Numbers from the CBO are being used.

Won Avy Bet

We are pulling the initial money that pays for this out of thin air. The same way we came up with the money for the bailout.

This is not even Obamacare because if you watched the election this is actually what McCain said he would do. Tax credits to those who couldn't afford insurance.

It's the same shit going on. This whole ****ing thing is Health Insurance reform and I love it because I no longer have a co-pay.

Also, do you know exactly what a tax credit is?

And no looking on wikipedia, i'll know if you copy and paste.

politics is funny cause you get to watch people line up and argue for something they have absolutely no idea about whatsoever. thanks man, i needed this laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by the GIBBET
    Ok this is the humble beginnings of an answer. So we're going to start out paying for it by printing more money (thus decreasing the value of everyone's collective dollar).

Ok, so go on. Where is the rest of the half-dozen hundred billion coming from?
    Quote all of what I said. Isn't helping out the banks suppose to be a huge return of investment.

Was that not the republican line? It's going to make us money right. When we get repaid we'll flip it and pay for everything we'll ever need again. I'm done here because you clearly don't understand whats going on.

In fact i'd greatly appreciated if you just said what you would do in order to save the country money while reforming insurance. We don't have free health care. The bill was health insurance reform.

Won Avy Bet

Quote all of what I said. Isn't helping out the banks suppose to be a huge return of investment.

Was that not the republican line? It's going to make us money right. When we get repaid we'll flip it and pay for everything we'll ever need again. I'm done here because you clearly don't understand whats going on.

In fact i'd greatly appreciated if you just said what you would do in order to save the country money while reforming insurance. We don't have free health care. The bill was health insurance reform.

Why do you keep bringing up McCain and Republicans and partisanship? We're talking about the current healthcare plan. The election was years ago. You're falling back on partisan bickering because you have nothing intelligent to say on the topic.

You have absolutely no clue what this whole thing means from an economic standpoint. You'd have done yourself a favor copping to that right away. You can't answer simple questions about the issue. Why are you pretending you belong in this discussion? You're simply a party front-liner, one of the people who has picked their side and although you are not nearly capable of formulating your own intelligent thought or reasoning, you are more than happy to bleet the easy-to-remember talking points your leaders hand down to you. Just so long as you don't have to explain anything in your own words.

Quote Originally Posted by the GIBBET
    Why do you keep bringing up McCain and Republicans and partisanship? We're talking about the current healthcare plan. The election was years ago. You're falling back on partisan bickering because you have nothing intelligent to say on the topic.

You have absolutely no clue what this whole thing means from an economic standpoint. You'd have done yourself a favor copping to that right away. You can't answer simple questions about the issue. Why are you pretending you belong in this discussion? You're simply a party front-liner, one of the people who has picked their side and although you are not nearly capable of formulating your own intelligent thought or reasoning, you are more than happy to bleet the easy-to-remember talking points your leaders hand down to you. Just so long as you don't have to explain anything in your own words.
    Quickly! I can't read and think for myself. I must use typical republican bullshit. WHERE IS THE MONEY COMING FROM!!?!?!?!?! The same place the money from the bullshit Iraq war came from. Now then I have to say you know nothing, even though I obviously never read your link, or chart. When I myself haven't really brought up anything or shown a link.

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Lol at this thread. This guy is a right wing nutcase.

They said the stimulus wouldn't work either but many nonpartisan economists have said that it has worked. Not only that, but there should have been more money in the package.

Now they want to talk about the universal health care not working?

You republicans had your turn, you ruined everything, lost all credibilty. You don't get an opinion now. America can't afford to crash and burn with you while the rich get more billions to horde.

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    I'm willing to take on extra costs so the underprivileged can have access to health care.
    I'm glad you are, that's terrific. However should it be mandatory for everyone to take on the extra costs? Personally, I think not. If there is enough support for the healthcare why not have an optional tax to pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
    I'm glad you are, that's terrific honestly. However should it be mandatory for everyone to take on the extra costs? Personally, I think not.
    Majority wins in this country; Obama ran on healthcare, got voted in, and made it happen. You have to deal with it or leave.

Won Avy Bet

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Quickly! I can't read and think for myself. I must use typical republican bullshit. WHERE IS THE MONEY COMING FROM!!?!?!?!?! The same place the money from the bullshit Iraq war came from. Now then I have to say you know nothing, even though I obviously never read your link, or chart. When I myself haven't really brought up anything or shown a link.
    Hm, another "college football fan" of politics.

Where did I say anything about democrats or republicans? What does the Iraq War have to do with healthcare?

Why aren't you talking about the issue instead of "trash talking" about whose side is better like we're at a college football game?

Because thats all politics is to you. You're not intelligent enough to discuss the issues, but yet you still yearn to be included in the action, so you've taken up the position as the guy who runs out of the tunnel waiving the flag for your side, even though you don't have any insight whatsoever as to what actually happens when the thing begins. For god sake, you have barack obama's picture in your avatar. You are the consummate follower. You don't know anything about scrutinizing policy. You just think Obama is a rockstar and you want to be on his "side." You are a brainless follower.

Won Avy Bet

Majority wins in this country; Obama ran on healthcare, got voted in, and made it happen. You have to deal with it or leave.
    Out of curiosity, do you feel the same way about the passing of proposition 8 in California that was recently overturned by a single judge?

I am not a resident of California.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

"It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expence, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."
    - Adam Smith

Paying taxes is patriotic. Rich people need to pay more of them.

Won Avy Bet

I am not a resident of California.
    Ok, but I'm asking you if you feel the same logic should be applied.

Proposition 8 passed at the ballot box. It was voted on by citizens. Do you feel that it should be applied as such because majority rules?

Well obviously if something is deemed unconstitutional it will be repealed irrespective of the populace.