Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 08-02-2006, 09:06 AM   #1
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far
Post After the surgery? Amare?

How's the knee surgery going to affect Amare's game? I've read how he's playing in the summer leagues and with team USA, trying to get to his old or better shape, but there's still the question. You remember how dynamic and physical he's dunks and games were, is that gone? How about the mental side?

(I had my own knee surgery 2 years ago, I dislocated my knee-cap two times in basketball and it took one year to recover from surgery). I think at the half way of the season, he's going to dominate like in 2004-2005 season and phoenix is going to be fun to watch.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:27 PM   #2
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn T-Mac
How's the knee surgery going to affect Amare's game? I've read how he's playing in the summer leagues and with team USA, trying to get to his old or better shape, but there's still the question. You remember how dynamic and physical he's dunks and games were, is that gone? How about the mental side?

(I had my own knee surgery 2 years ago, I dislocated my knee-cap two times in basketball and it took one year to recover from surgery). I think at the half way of the season, he's going to dominate like in 2004-2005 season and phoenix is going to be fun to watch.

The last I heard Amare was at 70%. Now I would say he is around 75%-80%.
I do not think he will ever be the same but I sure hope he will. I think his overall quickness and his dynamics will take a blow but he will still be a great player. His injury has given him the opportunity to work on other aspects of his game like his shooting and dribbling. I have seen video of him when he was recovering from the injury and his jump shot has really improved. Also near the end of the season last year when Amare came back for those two games his jump shot seemed to be his greatest weapon.

I really hope Amare will be at 100% by the time the season starts. The last thing I want is for him to reaggravate his injury.

Last edited by AIR SETH : 08-26-2006 at 02:26 PM.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:41 PM   #3
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation

i believe that after he feels completely back to health (hopefully start of the season) he will be like the STAT of old with an even more rounded game, so yes i am stating that i think he'll come back even BETTER than before....
a big man comes out to guard him, amare blows by and posterizes....
a big man stays down low to guard him, amare drains buckets like its raining.....
unstoppable
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

My response from the "Will Amare ever be the same?" thread.

Quote:
This will be the question of the season, all season long seeing as how the Suns championship run depends greatly on his health.

I don't think he'll ever be the same explosive as he was. I mean, anytime you are injured to that extent, you simply aren't going to be the exact same as when you were healthy. It's just that simple. I have severly sprained both of my ankles while playin ball, and they have never been the same no matter how hard I work them, or rehab them, and that injury isn't near what Amare's was.

I'm sure he'll still have his fair share of dunks on people, but not like he used to. He might lose a slight edge in the quickness dept as well, but even then, I still think he'll have the advantage on most bigs in the league. This injury also will help Amare work on other aspects of the game. Everytime I have seen Amare work on something, he becomes significantly better at it. He FT's and jump shot are 2 things that come to mind right off the bat.

He's gonna be a great player still in my estimation. Maybe not in the same ways, but still great.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:53 PM   #5
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

http://www.boston.com/sports/article...is_sun/?page=1

A good article on Amare.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:37 PM   #6
vagabond
Kids at the park dunk on me

vagabond has an OK reputation so far
Red face

thanks for that
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:31 AM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

GO AMARE!!! looking for at least a 25/8 next season...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:53 PM   #8
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation
Default hey wallyworld

throw in like 3-4 assists and 1-2 blocks as well, i think that if his explosiveness does at all go away (it wont) hes gonna be more complete either way
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:35 AM   #9
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far
Is this a bad sign? Isn't everything ok with the knee? Amare is out of the US basketball team, didn't play against puerto rico and doesn't travel with the team. Just read about it from nba.com
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:28 AM   #10
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn T-Mac
Is this a bad sign? Isn't everything ok with the knee? Amare is out of the US basketball team, didn't play against puerto rico and doesn't travel with the team. Just read about it from nba.com

Its probably just precaution not to rush him back again...Is it the knee that he initially had surgery on, the one he injured after he returned or both that is the problem?

I remember reading about the injury last year, it came out of nowhere and was only supposed to keep him out for 3-4 months, the surgery was deemed a success and Amares knee situation was the best possible scenario in that it was a small tear and apart from that his knee was fine...... Then it took longer for him to come back, he injures the other one, he still says he's only 70%...It just gotten worse and worse.

His has all the signs of a career torn apart by a particular injury, if there are any further complications he won't ever be the player he could have been.

Hopefully all goes well from here, if it does he can get back to his best.

We can only hope..... and prey if you are that way inclined.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: