Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 11-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Camby and A.I. gone better for Nuggets

I believe that with Camby and A.I. gone it will be better for the Nuggets as a whole not just for Melo or J.R.

1. with Camby gone it'll force the Nuggets(as a team) team play defense as a unit instead of relying on just that one person.

2. J.R. will get more minutes with A.I. gone to mature his game and to handle the ball better.

3. Billups brings leadership that this team has been lacking, even when we did have Camby and A.I.

4. Melo will be able to get his game going again, now we have a legit point guard.

5. With Camby gone, Nene will step up into a bigger role.

6. "the Birdman" is flying around on defense and that will bring some blocking needs that has been left as a big hole by Camby.

Note: There were some signs that A.I. was going to be traded because he wasn't playing much in the first two games.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Camby and A.I. gone better for Nuggets

Lately I've heard all this talk of JR saying he needs to be better on D because everyone knows he can score.....I think he still needs to show people he can score. He's only made 6-24 from 3, and shooting only 39% overall. His high points so far is only 17....What's the deal????

If he's gonna get 30 minutes a night, he needs to prove he deserves it, otherwise I see no problem starting Dahntay.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
Lately I've heard all this talk of JR saying he needs to be better on D because everyone knows he can score.....I think he still needs to show people he can score. He's only made 6-24 from 3, and shooting only 39% overall. His high points so far is only 17....What's the deal????

If he's gonna get 30 minutes a night, he needs to prove he deserves it, otherwise I see no problem starting Dahntay.
I think JR should improve his shot selection. I mean he's a great shooter from every range but he should also look at other options.
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

I think he needs to expand his shot selection. He's constantly faking wide open three's to drive to the basket. It needs to be more 50/50 with shooting and driving so it has to keep the defense honest.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #5
RobboUK
I brick open layups

RobboUK has an OK reputation so far

i was watching game against dallas and JR is taking to many tough shots he needs to let the scoring come to him, he was great going to the basket but his quick 3's jsut wasnt happening. Nene has been our best player so far he can be real good!
RobboUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:22 PM   #6
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
I think he needs to expand his shot selection. He's constantly faking wide open three's to drive to the basket. It needs to be more 50/50 with shooting and driving so it has to keep the defense honest.

Agreed but he just chucks it up even when there's some time left on the clock.
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

i think we are better off without ai, but i dont know about camby. if we had him we would be legit title contenders, because we'd be able to bring kenyon or nene off the bench. as long as he doesn't try to do too much on the offensive side of the court, camby is a very good player. it's a shame that he and eddie are gone.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:11 AM   #8
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforthrees
i think we are better off without ai, but i dont know about camby. if we had him we would be legit title contenders, because we'd be able to bring kenyon or nene off the bench. as long as he doesn't try to do too much on the offensive side of the court, camby is a very good player. it's a shame that he and eddie are gone.

Why is our defense so much better with Camby gone then? Camby made our defense lazy, it gave them a safety net mindset. They are much better off without Camby.

Also... Balkman>Najera. More energy, better defense, better rebounding. Can't shoot, but Najera barely hit 40% of his WIDE open threes not to mention all of the turnovers he caused.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:33 PM   #9
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

camby being gone is not better for anyone not named kroenke- i dont understand his thoughts about it but i could see where 10 mill +10 mill makes the desicion a little different than just basketball

any fan of the nuggets saying we are better of without camby is wrong- have you not noticed that the nugs are a terrible rebounding team and atleast 1 or 2 real nba players short in the frontcourt?

i liked the comment from mile high about nene taking a step foreward, but why couldnt that happen w camby- nene & camby are a better mix than nene & kmart- kmart would be a perfect 3rd big

blaming cambys defensive presense as the reason the others were poor on defense is a really weak argument
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
Quote:
camby being gone is not better for anyone not named kroenke- i dont understand his thoughts about it but i could see where 10 mill +10 mill makes the desicion a little different than just basketball

any fan of the nuggets saying we are better of without camby is wrong- have you not noticed that the nugs are a terrible rebounding team and atleast 1 or 2 real nba players short in the frontcourt?

i liked the comment from mile high about nene taking a step foreward, but why couldnt that happen w camby- nene & camby are a better mix than nene & kmart- kmart would be a perfect 3rd big

blaming cambys defensive presense as the reason the others were poor on defense is a really weak argument

The think you understand is that Camby is a great defensively player and a great leader on and off the court. But the think is that he doesn't post up on offense. Nene gives us that post and he can play defense.

The main reason why Camby leaving was GOOD is because it will allow this team to play as a TEAM DEFENSIVELY, instead of just relying on Camby. If you look at the games from last year when Camby was out on the court there was little defense being played because they felt like Camby could take care of that. It's not that I don't like Camby, but the team needs to be forced to play Defense and this is the only way we could do it.

When you said we should play a combo of Camby and Nene, that wouldn't work because we have Martin getting paid a lot of money and we can't let that money go to the bench. Nene is a post presence and Camby is not. Nene is the future, Martin is money, and Camby is out the door because of his contract. That is it. Business is business, if it wasn't business, then the players won't be playing the game.

The weak argument that you stated that I said is in "REALITY" a strong one because we can't just look at what WE WANT, but what is better for the team in keeping budget as well as bringing together a better basketball team. Compare our first six games this year compared to last year, for each individual players you can see a big boost on their defensive stats.

"THERE NEEDS TO BE A REASON TO PLAY DEFENSE, AND THAT REASON WAS CAMBY'S DEPARTURE TO L.A."
- Mile High Crew

You may not like the thinking, but it is the truth.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:47 PM   #11
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
Why is our defense so much better with Camby gone then? Camby made our defense lazy, it gave them a safety net mindset. They are much better off without Camby.

Also... Balkman>Najera. More energy, better defense, better rebounding. Can't shoot, but Najera barely hit 40% of his WIDE open threes not to mention all of the turnovers he caused.

honestly i think the reason we are so much better is because karl is putting in more effort. if marcus was here, i think we'd still be good on d because he would have to tough up and play good man to man d. if we had eddie we'd be even more versatile off the bench. im not saying he's the perfect player but if we had him and balkman we would be sitting pretty in the hustle category.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #12
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub

The think you understand is that Camby is a great defensively player and a great leader on and off the court. But the think is that he doesn't post up on offense. Nene gives us that post and he can play defense.

The main reason why Camby leaving was GOOD is because it will allow this team to play as a TEAM DEFENSIVELY, instead of just relying on Camby. If you look at the games from last year when Camby was out on the court there was little defense being played because they felt like Camby could take care of that. It's not that I don't like Camby, but the team needs to be forced to play Defense and this is the only way we could do it.

When you said we should play a combo of Camby and Nene, that wouldn't work because we have Martin getting paid a lot of money and we can't let that money go to the bench. Nene is a post presence and Camby is not. Nene is the future, Martin is money, and Camby is out the door because of his contract. That is it. Business is business, if it wasn't business, then the players won't be playing the game.

The weak argument that you stated that I said is in "REALITY" a strong one because we can't just look at what WE WANT, but what is better for the team in keeping budget as well as bringing together a better basketball team. Compare our first six games this year compared to last year, for each individual players you can see a big boost on their defensive stats.

"THERE NEEDS TO BE A REASON TO PLAY DEFENSE, AND THAT REASON WAS CAMBY'S DEPARTURE TO L.A."
- Mile High Crew

You may not like the thinking, but it is the truth.

i have a hard time believing that we are playing harder because marcus is gone and we are trying to make up for it. if that is the reason these guys are playing defense then they don't deserve to be paid.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:54 PM   #13
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

You have to look at the facts though: Our defense has been better since Camby left and Camby was basically worthless on offense and that lead to doubleteams on Carmelo every single play.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:35 PM   #14
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
You have to look at the facts though: Our defense has been better since Camby left and Camby was basically worthless on offense and that lead to doubleteams on Carmelo every single play.

i love the way we are playing d this year, and i agree we have been much better. but our frontcourt is so thin now, and having camby back would not make it any worse. it would just give us more options. the difference between him and nene/kmart is that he is not a good man on man defender, and physically gets pushed around. that's why i'd love to get a guy like etan thomas from washington. he is a beast and would be a perfect backup big for us.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: