Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Ricky Rubio officially traded to Barcelona

Will never know what it feels like to be so enthralled with the actions and decisions of professional athletes. Some of you jack of to this **** practically.

I mean even if his decision effects your favorite team...do you really have nothing else going for you in life to give that much of a **** about him?

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB
    Oh, hey there Ricky, didn't know you posted here.
    everyone who follows basketball knows 100% if Ricky got drafted to a major market team or a competitor like the Spurs, he would be here. He doesn't want to go play on the most obscure and second worse franchise in the league, only infront of the Clippers.

To those overhyping Rubio just know this-he is not even better than Sergio Rodriguez. He is worse at shooting, creating his own shott, handles, passing, court vision and is much quicker. Ricky however is a great defender and pretty big for a PG, but other than D and size Sergio has him beat at everything. And Sergio Rodriguez hasn't exactly lit the league on fire now has he.
    Last edited by sergiorodriguez; 09-01-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    DKV Joventut has just confirmed the deal, claiming a trade to Minnesota was agreed but turned down by Rubio.

Didn't expect this, there's no excuses now.

Link from DKV's site (In Spanish)
    This communique of DKV is pathetic . Is a excuse to dirty the name of Ricky , cloaking the "bad " negociation of the trade and to justify the trade with FC Barcelona by more money . All money - except 350.000 € and two games in Europe - of the offer of Minnesota was part of the future salary of Ricky and some publicitary contracts of Ricky, very bad option for Ricky
    Last edited by Jonelo; 09-01-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Ha, says the guy with the SergioRodriguez screen name.

Rubio is a b!tch. He's not going to be worth all this hype.

If he does come to the NBA he's going to be another Darko Milicic who claims NBA isn't team ball or the coach isn't using him properly, and makes up other excuses for why he sucks so badly.

sergiorodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    This is Sergio's highlight reel when he played in Europe FROM JUST 1 GAME vs Russia! Ricky Rubio's whole career he can't put together a highlight reel like Sergio did every game he played!

Ricky can't do any of the things Sergio does in Europe, and doesn't dominate the games like Sergio did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qKGW...eature=related

before you post uneducated nonsense watch the clip

the only thing Ricky is better at then Sergio is defense and having size. Sorry to burst your guys bubbles who are all hyping Rubio up to become a superstar. Sergio is not a good shooter at all but is 3 times the shooter as Ricky, and GASP can actually hit freethrows at above 50%
    Last edited by sergiorodriguez; 09-01-2009 at 02:07 PM.

Decent college freshman gotbacon23's Avatar

DKV Joventut has just confirmed the deal, claiming a trade to Minnesota was agreed but turned down by Rubio.

Didn't expect this, there's no excuses now.

Link from DKV's site (In Spanish)
    he was hand-tied with the nba 500k rule. it doesn't matter what nba team it would be- he would essentially be playing for a huge discount in the nba for the length of his rookie deal. not counting endorsement deals, had he come to the nba, his cash inflows would have been:

2009-10- $3.3 million
    2010-11- $3.5 million
    2011-12- $3.8 million
    2012-13- $4.8 million (assuming team options are picked up)

assuming minnesota paid $500k off of the $8.1 million buyout, and the remaining $7.61 million was paid off by rubio evenly over 4 years, his outflows would have been $1.9 million a year, making his net earnings before taxes to be

2009-10- $1.4 million
    2010-11- $1.6 million
    2011-12- $1.9 million
    2012-13- $2.9 million
    which if you consider he could earn 5% on that money, the present value would be (for simplicity purposes) about $6.9 million of 2009 dollars.

i'm not sure what his contract terms are in spain, but lets just say he gets paid $500k in the next two seasons, and the espn article says "After the 2010-11 season, Rubio will be able to leave for the NBA without having to pay a financial penalty." in which case his earnings would be (assuming the start of his rookie contract just gets pushed back so he would earn in 2011-12 the same that he would have earned in 2009-2010 had he come right away)

2009-10- $0.5 million
    2010-11- $0.5 million
    2011-12- $3.3 million
    2012-13- $3.8 million
    with no cash out flow for a buy out, that is $7.1 million; we know that $7.1 million > $6.9 million but not by much, plus he would be out of his rookie deal sooner if he left now, but that's with my assumption that he will only get paid half a million dollars each of the next two seasons.

so yeah, maybe the financial impact of leaving now versus leaving in 2 years with no buy out is smaller than i initially thought it would be unless his salary for FC Barcelona is in excess of a million dollars a season. but still, he was in a financial bind because of that huge buyout amount.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    I've been on Rubio's side until now, but not liking this at all. If he didnt want to play in the NBA yet he shouldnt have entered the draft.

I still look forward to seeing him play if he ever comes over, but it just became a lot less likely, and the Wolves just lost a lot of value.
    Same here.
    I think he'll join the Wolves (if they still want him) in two years.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    He made that account after making some Sergio Rodriguez > Rubio threads. What can you expect from a retard like Bruinlove?

sergiorodriguez

He made that account after making some Sergio Rodriguez > Rubio threads. What can you expect from a retard like Bruinlove?
    you are a failure. I only made this account cuz I wanted to make an account with the name of my favorite player, it would be lilsergiorodriguez but that doesnt fit

Quote Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
    you are a failure. I only made this account cuz I wanted to make an account with the name of my favorite player, it would be lilsergiorodriguez but that doesnt fit
    Wasn't your favourite player lilmarcgasol?
    As I said, a complete retard.

sergiorodriguez

Wasn't your favourite player lilmarcgasol?
    As I said, a complete retard.
    no that was my screen name. MG33 was never my favorite players but one of my favorite centers.

You are a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
    This is Sergio's highlight reel when he played in Europe FROM JUST 1 GAME vs Russia! Ricky Rubio's whole career he can't put together a highlight reel like Sergio did every game he played!

Ricky can't do any of the things Sergio does in Europe, and doesn't dominate the games like Sergio did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qKGW...eature=related

before you post uneducated nonsense watch the clip

the only thing Ricky is better at then Sergio is defense and having size. Sorry to burst your guys bubbles who are all hyping Rubio up to become a superstar. Sergio is not a good shooter at all but is 3 times the shooter as Ricky, and GASP can actually hit freethrows at above 50%
    Your obviously biased so your post has little value.

What happens with Spain players?
    They dont like the States??

Frank Vazquez
    Juan Carlos Navarro
    Ricky Rubio

Quote Originally Posted by dyna
    What happens with Spain players?
    They dont like the States??

Frank Vazquez
    Juan Carlos Navarro
    Ricky Rubio
    Vazquez is an idiot who was ordered to stay in Spain by his girlfriend.
    You can't really blame Navarro, he's a huge star in his team and makes much more there.
    As for Ricky... he's a bitch (now he'll destroy my team when they play each other).