Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #31
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Default Re: PJ Carlesimo Named Sonics Head Coach

He's a safe hire. NBA teams like to stick with what's familiar, which is the exact same reason that Smush Parker will get an NBA job last year because he has been promoted from scrub to Brand Name (even though he sucks horribly)
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:51 PM   #32
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
He's a safe hire. NBA teams like to stick with what's familiar, which is the exact same reason that Smush Parker will get an NBA job last year because he has been promoted from scrub to Brand Name (even though he sucks horribly)

I find it ironic how the NBA keeps recycling coaches, but the really good ones don't want to coach anymore. Riley went up with the Heat, and maybe that didn't work out, maybe that's why he took the reigns from Van Gundy, but Lenny Wilkins and Chuck Daly are also out of coaching.

Also, most of the good college coaches, fail when they come to the NBA for whatever reason.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:55 PM   #33
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I find it ironic how the NBA keeps recycling coaches, but the really good ones don't want to coach anymore. Riley went up with the Heat, and maybe that didn't work out, maybe that's why he took the reigns from Van Gundy, but Lenny Wilkins and Chuck Daly are also out of coaching.

Also, most of the good college coaches, fail when they come to the NBA for whatever reason.

Mathius

College coaches are used to having total control. They are prob. the most important people on their respective campus. In the NBA, they are hired to be fired. NBA players don't want to be controlled. Also, the whole monetary difference between players and coaches causes some players to be less likely to listen to what their coach has to say. If they don't like what the coach has to say, they can b!tch about it to management and get him fired, because coaches are easier to get rid of than players.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:16 AM   #34
artificial
:-P

Is it just me, or someone is going on a stretch on his hate for PJ -and it is as an extension of the hate for Mike Brown-?

Yes, PJ sucked donkey balls when he coached. But he was a good coach once, and he might've learned a few things after his failure, and after being part for years of the coaching staff of Popovich -maybe the difference between college and NBA players-.

I'm not guaranteeing he will be succesful this time. But there seem to be reasons to give him the benefit of the doubt.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:32 AM   #35
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
Evidently his GM's didn't agree with you, because I doubt they sat down to create a mediocre team.

Also, he was fired at both spots... so AGAIN... obviously his GM's didn't agree with you.

So what exactly makes this time in Seattle different?

Mathius

When you don't build a championship roster you are not going to win anything. Not even Red Auerbach could perform a miracle and get those rosters to win a championship.

Anyways, those teams didn't win anything the year after so obviously the GM's were the ones building the roster wrong.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:28 AM   #36
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobeisgod
spurs are spreading their seeds everywhere. kerr avery mike brown now carlismo. it will be the league's downfall
Fixed.

It sure is going to be exciting to see PJ turn one of the league's transcendent young talents into a worthless piece of junk who's scared of his own shadow.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #37
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
Is it just me, or someone is going on a stretch on his hate for PJ -and it is as an extension of the hate for Mike Brown-?

What does one have to do with the other? Because they both used to coach the Spurs?

I'm just sick of you fanboys overrating everyone who comes up in the news.

Mathius
Old 07-05-2007, 05:48 PM   #38
artificial

Quote:
What does one have to do with the other? Because they both used to coach the Spurs?
Quote:
Yeah, Mike Brown learned a lot under Poppovich.
you tell me genius, you brought him up.

Quote:
I'm just sick of you fanboys overrating everyone who comes up in the news.
Yes, I overreacted because I said he deserved the benefit of the doubt.

Sorry. I should have reacted the exact way you did. Oh yeah, look, just say everything will be wrong, and that Sonics should kill themselves for this hiring, because I say it will suck. That's much more mature.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:53 PM   #39
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
you tell me genius, you brought him up.

Way to take things out of context "genius". SskSpurs21 was talking about how great people who came out of the Spurs organization was, that's why I brought up Mike Brown.

Try taking a reading a comprehension class.

Quote:
Sorry. I should have reacted the exact way you did. Oh yeah, look, just say everything will be wrong, and that Sonics should kill themselves for this hiring, because I say it will suck. That's much more mature.

No, you should probably just jump on the bandwagon instead of thinking for yourself.

Mathius
Old 07-05-2007, 06:05 PM   #40
artificial

Quote:
Way to take things out of context "genius". SskSpurs21 was talking about how great people who came out of the Spurs organization was, that's why I brought up Mike Brown.

Try taking a reading a comprehension class.
I don't know, I might've been wrong about the relationship with your hate against Brown and against Carlessimo. It's just the way you go against PJ, anyone would swear you have personal issues against him. So I just took a guess.

Quote:
No, you should probably just jump on the bandwagon instead of thinking for yourself.
O RLY? Care to explain in which bandwagon I'm jumping mofo? I'm being quite precise on why I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt, and it sure isn't merely because PJ is on the news. And in case you're wondering, I'm not on the Seattle nor the Portland bandwagon.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: