Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Guess the Electoral votes thread.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234

Oh God...take Obama's **** out of your mouth.
    I love how threatened you are by this.

Here's my reasoning.

A. Obama clearly has the momentum. Of 19 swing state polls released the other day, Obama won 18 of them.

B. Florida has been swinging back towards Obama. 538 has Romney with 55% chance of winning.

C. Democrats are getting out the vote. Here's the lines for early voting.

D-1. Hurricane Sandy. A lot of Florida voters who have suffered through hurricanes are going to be reminded of Romney's ridiculous ideas about FEMA.
    D-2. A lot of Florida voters come from the Tri-State area and this will affect their thinking.

E. I think in a few days we are going to find out how much Rasmussen polls were wrong. Rasmussen is showing a clear lean towards Republicans this year. They also do the most polling, so they affect the poll averages more than any other single outfit.
    The most prolific pollster in the Pollster data base -- Rasmussen -- tends to produce estimates that lean in a Republican direction. The model-based estimate of this bias is about 1.2 points in two-party terms.
    F. When you take out Rasmussen from the Polling Averages, Romney's lead in Florida disappears and it's currently a tie. ElectoralVote.com has it at 48% to 48% and 538's adjusted average has it at 47.7 to 47.7.

With a tie in Florida, momentum and current events looking good for Obama and Democratic GOTV looking strong. I say Obama has a very good chance at taking Florida.

Anyone want to spot me 1%? Meet me in the election bets thread.

Its going to Obama, but the Electoral math right now looks all over the place so I'm gonna refrain from numbers. I'm not seeing it being a 100+ margin of victory in the Electoral vote at all, but it'll be close and Obama will pull through in the swing states. Looks like Ohio goes Obama and I'm thinking Florida could go, as well.

The Hurricane Sandy stuff, and I can't emphasize enough that I'm only saying this from a strictly political standpoint, couldn't have come at a worse time for Romney. Having Chris Christie up there praising Obama on every national news telecast every night certainly doesn't help Romney any.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    The Hurricane Sandy stuff, and I can't emphasize enough that I'm only saying this from a strictly political standpoint, couldn't have come at a worse time for Romney. Having Chris Christie up there praising Obama on every national news telecast every night certainly doesn't help Romney any.
    Politico is reporting that Chris Christie was Romney's first choice for VP.

[QUOTE]according to a detailed inside account provided to POLITICO.
    Romney was so close to picking Christie that some top advisers at the campaign

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Politico is reporting that Chris Christie was Romney's first choice for VP.
    I remember when his name kept getting tossed in. Hell, a lot of media was saying Christie would throw his hat in the ring for the Republican nomination in 2012 at one point. Christie almost always went out of his way to try and play it down and say he wanted to stay in New Jersey, but you know how these politicos play that kind of thing.

That's why its gotta hurt to see Christie's praise for Obama regarding Hurricane response efforts less than a week away from the general election.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Obama is going to win early voting no matter what. What Rove was saying is Democrat early voting numbers are down by 150k from 2008 statewide.

I'm just repeating what he said, he said he had looked at the numbers the night before. He's comparing early voting to 2008, he's not disputing that Obama is winning the early vote. He said Republicans usually win election day voting, McCain won election day voting in 08.
    And, just to follow up, it was reported today that Ohio went over 1.6 million early votes. In the 2008 election, there were 1.4 million.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...t-early-votes/

Thank god we have Karl Rove to give us the straight facts with no bias. I'm sure he is updating all Fox viewers of these new numbers as we speak. Just the fact, guys... Just the facts.

NBA rookie of the year

294 Obama

244 R-money

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Funny that people call Fox News biased (they are biased toward the republicans), but mention MSNBC (biased toward Obama and democrats) like it's serious unbiased journalism. Both are partisan to the bone. Rachel Maddow is so biased that she could not even say she was for Romney Care at the Bill Maher show.

Check their websites right now:

Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/
    "SWING TO MITT: Newspapers Flip From Obama to Romney Ahead of Election Day"

MSNBC http://www.nbcnews.com/
    "First Read: Ongoing growth of minority voters in the makeup of America — the majority of whom are likely to vote for President Obama — could well sway Tuesday's vote"

:

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Obama - 303
    Romney - 235

Romney no longer has a lead in any national poll, not even in Rasmussen's

Obama goes over 300 EVs and wins the popular vote and Longhornfan1234 honors his bet and disapears forever from ISH.

[QUOTE=lakers_forever]MSNBC http://www.nbcnews.com/
    "First Read: Ongoing growth of minority voters in the makeup of America

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Obama goes over 300 EVs and wins the popular vote and Longhornfan1234 honors his bet and disapears forever from ISH.
    What's the date of his last day? Can we have around for a week? Because my bet with him would have him use this as his avatar.

Obama-282, Romney-256

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    What's the date of his last day? Can we have around for a week? Because my bet with him would have him use this as his avatar.
    For all I care, he could stay if he wants as long as he uses an Obama avi, it'll be much more fun trolling him than if he just left. He's your typical annoying Fox News viewer. He's nowhere near as bad as that asshat JaggerCommaMick.
    Last edited by TheMan; 11-05-2012 at 04:49 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

O 307
    R 231