Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Important: How many of you have experienced sleep paralysis?

It has happened to me multiple times since summer started. It is quite literally the freakiest and scariest experience in my life. It's about the most sound validation of the supernatural that I've ever encountered. I think I am being haunted by demons (plz don't laugh).

Banned

Default Re: Important: How many of you have experienced sleep paralysis?

It has happened to me, but it usually just happens when I'm just laying in bed almost trying not to sleep. It happened a lot to me when I was younger, well not a lot, but a lot more than currently and recently in my life.

My brother told me when he experienced sleep paralysis that he felt like somebody was trying to kill him (or something like that), he told me that someone was like holding his mouth. He didn't know who it was, he accused me first though. Ever since I've been freaking about sleep paralysis and I always try to get out of it as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    It has happened to me multiple times since summer started. It is quite literally the freakiest and scariest experience in my life. It's about the most sound validation of the supernatural that I've ever encountered. I think I am being haunted by demons (plz don't laugh).
    If you believe in demons then you have no choice but to believe in God also. Pray him and ask him for protection (seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    If you believe in demons then you have no choice but to believe in God also. Pray him and ask him for protection (seriously)
    Yep. The only way I have been able to stop it is by saying "Jesus." That's the only word I can utter.

Banned

Sleep Apena is just as bad, mainly because there is a chance you could die. I experienced it a lot last year, but that was because I was looking at the ceiling when I was sleeping when I was experiencing it.

Been there. Freaky, and honestly very disconcerting.

Just to ease your mind, they aren't literally demons. Hallucinations and a sense of terror are common with sleep paralysis.

Here's my story: Something major in my life put me into deep depression, where I feel like I am physically life but emotionally dead. I think somehow that has triggered this demonic manipulation.

I've done plenty of research since it first started. I've heard that according to Turkish legends, a demon sits on your chest when it thinks you are dead. It happens because you sleep face up in a coffin-like orientation. Another that is there are demons referred to as Incubus and Succubus that sit on you and will molest you/have sex with you as you are sleeping. There are other possible theories and explanation, but it's amazing that this experience is so pervasive in history and across cultural boundaries.

Apparently 40% of the population has experienced it.

Banned

Here's my story: Something major in my life put me into deep depression, where I feel like I am physically life but emotionally dead. I think somehow that has triggered this demonic manipulation.

I've done plenty of research since it first started. I've heard that according to Turkish legends, a demon sits on your chest when it thinks you are dead. It happens because you sleep face up in a coffin-like orientation. Another that is there are demons referred to as Incubus and Succubus that sit on you and will molest you/have sex with you as you are sleeping. There are other possible theories and explanation, but it's amazing that this experience is so pervasive in history and across cultural boundaries.

Apparently 40% of the population has experienced it.
    Wow, when you have sleep paralysis it basically means your body is asleep and your brain is. At least that's what I've always thought. I don't believe that demons are molesting me or any of that shit, wtf.

It just minds your ****ing body is tired (Probably from physical activity?) and your mind is perfectly awake (Thinking about shit like demons molesting you?)

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Just to ease your mind, they aren't literally demons. Hallucinations and a sense of terror are common with sleep paralysis.
    I dare you to read some of the anecdotes. You don't only dream about these things. It's far more realistic. There is an eerie gloomy presence surrounding you. In my case (the one I had about two nights ago), something is applying a downward pressure on me, suffocating me. I was wearing earphones connected to my ipod, and the fukking thing started sliding the headphones across my chest as if they were a noose and it was going to kill me.

Banned

I dare you to read some of the anecdotes. You don't only dream about these things. It's far more realistic. There is an eerie gloomy presence surrounding you. In my case (the one I had about two nights ago), something is applying a downward pressure on me, suffocating me. I was wearing earphones connected to my ipod, and the fukking thing started sliding the headphones across my chest as if they were a noose and it was going to kill me.
    Quick question since you've been ignoring me the entire time. Did you experience it when you were trying to fall asleep or did you experience it when you are about to wake up? I've never experienced sleep paralysis waking up, only trying to fall asleep.

I experienced this quite a lot when I was a bit younger, doesn't happen anymore though.

Quote Originally Posted by BDiesel324
    Wow, when you have sleep paralysis it basically means your body is asleep and your brain is. At least that's what I've always thought. I don't believe that demons are molesting me or any of that shit, wtf.

It just minds your ****ing body is tired (Probably from physical activity?) and your mind is perfectly awake (Thinking about shit like demons molesting you?)
    Okay, those are far-fetch'd reasonings as to what is actually happening. I know the medical definition, that your body is out of line with your REM cycle. That's superficial though. There is no actual explanation for what triggers this.

I swear, bro. Do some research and read some of the personal accounts. Most people feel that a stranger or some malevolent entity is acting upon them. It's commonplace. If that's not demonic, I don't know what is.

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Several times when I sleep in the couch during day time.

I posted this several months ago here in ISH:

"Talking about that kind of stuff. Have you guys heard of Sleep paralysis? It has hapenned 4 times with me already. It started last year and always happened when I'm taking a nap in the afternoon in supine position.

It's scary as hell! You basically wake up, can look at the roof and all, but just can't move your body, legs, arms, nothing, only your eyes. And you see stuff, like a nightmare.

The first time it hapenned, I was in the couch, fell a sleep and when I woke up I could not move and got scared and nervous and I saw a men walking into my house (he looked like he was ready to kill someone) and he was going toward the room my brothers were. And I wanted to scream, but my mouth would not move and I could not speak. Then I started to feel more calm and breathe and all of the sudden I could move again. Shit was scary. Don't wish that to anyone. Now when I have it (like once every 4 months), I just stay calm and it ends fast, sometimes it feels like I'm coming out of my body, like floating ahead of it. Strange shit."

It has almost stopped since I started praying before I take a nap. Yep. If you believe in God it would help you. I know it has a scientific explanation, but I guess praying makes me feel safer physiologically speaking. And it has never happened to me when I sleep at night in my bed. Only in afternoon naps in the couch in supine position.
    Last edited by lakers_forever; 10-02-2010 at 11:39 PM.

Local High School Star

Man, I experienced one just two nights ago after not having one for months. It's scary as hell man.