Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Batman isn't that difficult a role. Typical rich, playboy character... then he gets dressed up in an awesome bat-suit with sick ass weapons and vehicles. Probably more than a dozen current actors that could pull it off; including Affleck.
    I know right. I'm a fan of Batman (I read the comics) and I honestly could give no fvcks if Affleck is Batman or not. I am more concerned with who's writing it and the director.

Like does people think Clooney was that bad of a BAtman or did the writing and the one directing the movie just sucked horribly? BAtsuit with Nipples? Really? Heck they lost me with the scene where they showed BAtman's butt.

I'l bet that if you replace Bale with Clooney the Batman Begins movies could work. The thing about Batman is that he could be anyone.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

I think this can actually work very, very well. Affleck is going to make a terrific and seasoned Bruce Wayne. Might be the best Bruce Wayne ever in fact. Ben Affleck is a very serious and hardworking director, who has made some amazing films in the past few years. I'm sure he's going to take this very cautiously and deliver a great performance.

Apparently Bryan Cranston will be playing Lex Luthor

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Apparently Bryan Cranston will be playing Lex Luthor
    Sold.

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Sold.
    Not the greatest source, but he has been interviewed saying he would love the part before.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/24/bryan-...steel-3936111/

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

If Bryan Cranston is Lex Luther than Heath Ledger might have some competition as the greatest villain ever.

Forget Joker and Catwoman. I want to see more of Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp would be perfect for this part), Riddler or even Robin.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    If Bryan Cranston is Lex Luther than Jack Nicholson might have some competition as the greatest villain ever.
    Fixed.

NBA rookie of the year

3 points:

1 Bale didnt want to do the film, so should they have canceled the film?

2. You could do worse than affleck

3. The quality of Superhero films depends on the quality of the villains more than the hero

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    3 points:

1 Bale didnt want to do the film, so should they have canceled the film?

2. You could do worse than affleck

3. The quality of Superhero films depends on the quality of the villains more than the hero
    1. Fvck no.

2. It'd be hard to do better. You can't give anyone the role who hasn't already starred in a $100mil box-office.

3. Especially now, when villains and anti-hero's are all the rage.

Decent college freshman

I don't have a problem with Affleck. He is a decent enough actor. Christian Bale wasn't even great in his role as Batman. Playing Batman is the easy part. You're a billionaire disguised as a superhero, how difficult is that? What makes the movie good is the villain/story. Just look at the last two movies.

The director/writer of Daredevil has been involved with these movies: Jack Frost, Ghost Rider, Grumpy Old Men, Grumpier Old Men, Big Bully, and Elecktra. That is literally his resume. No wonder that movie was awful.

George Clooney should have made a better batman than he was. He has the looked and how difficult is it to do the voice Bale used when suited up. I'm not trying to knock Christian Bale as an actor because he is a good actor but people act like he was phenomenal when really to me he was just average. The characters of Bane and the Joker are really what stood out and Nolan directing is what made the last three movies great.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict08

George Clooney should have made a better batman than he was. He has the looked and how difficult is it to do the voice Bale used when suited up. I'm not trying to knock Christian Bale as an actor because he is a good actor but people act like he was phenomenal when really to me he was just average. The characters of Bane and the Joker are really what stood out and Nolan directing is what made the last three movies great.
    I blame the director and the writer.
    Last edited by Bandito; 08-24-2013 at 05:00 PM.

looks like supermans gonna be the star hero with batman as his sidekick

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

He has no charisma.

Bake played the role wonderfully.

Came off as intelligent, strong, serious and troubled. Which is exactly what batman is.

Bale was really nothing special at all. And his voice was downright cringe worthy at times