Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-01-2007, 01:10 AM   #91
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Durant just put up 30/20....

Big 10 is not a weak conference. 3 ranked teams with two of them in the top 4? The same two teams that have cases for #1 seeds? You gotta be kidding me. Weak my ass. No bigs in the Big Ten? DJ White, Carl Landry, Shaun Pruitt, Warren Carter, Courtney Sims? Those are solid bigs that would be a force in any conference. Period.

Kevin Durant is a stud. No question about it. They way he abused Texas Tech today was utterly amzing. I watched the entire game and it was just amazing how he can score at will and turn it on.

But that said, there isn't a way I'd take him over Oden, unless Oden has some sort of chronic injury. Anyone who watched the Purdue game would agree. He didn't put up big numbers, but he pretty much dominated Carl Landry a 20/7 player (on 60% shooting). Made it tough for anyone on Purdue to score and they were undefeated at home prior to this game.

Last edited by wang4three : 02-01-2007 at 01:56 AM.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:25 AM   #92
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Also if you are going to point to Oden's not so great line tonight. I hope you know that he spent most of the day mourning the death of his best friend, who died in a car accident over the weekend. He was at home, then driven to West LaFayette a few hours just before the game started. How many people would have a monster game after finding out their best friend died and spent the day with the family of the friend and dealing with your own personal emotions? It's not easy, I'll tell you that.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:42 AM   #93
JMEWLS

Since the end of last years draft, i've like Durant much more then Oden, and Durant just keeps impressing me, if i had the 1st pick of the draft i would draft Durant, i know many people on this forum would beg to differ.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:42 AM   #94
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN43 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkUSCtrojan
Stop using the he's hurt excuse. He's a role player, that's it.

you are a complete tool factory for saying 50 times that GREG ODEN is a role player... the kid has amazing presence.. and as soon as he gets drafted.. and develops a little more physically, and works out on his post moves with professional trainers... he is going to be a beast.. he is already built like a dwight howard, and the potential is unbelieveable... stop calling him a roleplayer.. your moms a roleplayer
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:51 AM   #95
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
your moms a roleplayer

cold blooded.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:52 AM   #96
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN43 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
cold blooded.

hey, she is what she is
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:12 AM   #97
mid80sjordan
High School JV MVP

mid80sjordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkUSCtrojan
Oden has a busted hand and Michael Jackson is really white.

you are annoying

and i don't have to explain that one
mid80sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:52 PM   #98
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Honestly what would a non center have to do to beat out Oden for the #1 pick???

Right now, not even Jordan or Magic would be selected over Oden in the draft if we didnt know what they would turn into. I have come to the conclusion that Oden is #1 no matter what.

I mean Durant could put up 50/15/8 on 75% from the floor and beat the #1 team in the country for the NCAA championship and it still wouldnt be enough

Last edited by Younggrease : 02-01-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:01 PM   #99
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

The thought of Oden in my division pissed me off, now we gotta deal with him too? They could both end up in the Atlantic, that'd be crazy.

I thought he was a McGrady type, but now he's looking more like KG.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:05 PM   #100
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Younggrease is a flat out hateful mofo. You hateful attitude clouds your vision.

Brandon Wright can block shots, has a sweet hook shot with range, left handed, athletic. The potential is there for this kid...just need to work on his midrange jumper and handles. And get stronger, add some bulk to his frame which is typical for most youngsters.

I like Al Horford...but I'd take B.Wright potential over Al's. Already avg more pts than Al EVER has in his college career. What Al has over B.Wright is the size. Al about 245-250? Give B.Wright 240 and get out the way. You'll be a fool to take Al over B.Wright.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:07 PM   #101
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Honestly what would a non center have to do to beat out Oden for the #1 pick???

Be Lebron James.

Quote:
Right now, not even Jordan or Magic would be selected over Oden in the draft if we didnt know what they would turn into. I have come to the conclusion that Oden is #1 no matter what.

You have come to that conclusion? Wow, that conclusion was already written in stone when Oden was a senior in HS.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #102
Sneakerpro
I hit open 5-footers

Sneakerpro has an OK reputation so far

Oden over Durant will almost be on the level of Bowie over Jordan.
Sneakerpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:26 PM   #103
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Durant=MJ
Oden=Sam Bowie

Watch someone make that mistake again.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #104
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i love kevin durant and im quite certain he will be a star in the nba. I would take him first but its way too damn early to compare him to jordan or oden to bowie
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:48 PM   #105
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakerpro
Oden over Durant will almost be on the level of Bowie over Jordan.

Quote:
Durant=MJ
Oden=Sam Bowie

Watch someone make that mistake again

Drew Gooden avg 20 & 11 on 50% shooting. Explain to me why you take Yao Ming over him. Explain why you take Yao Ming over Caron Butler who avg 20pts 7rbs 3ast shooting 49% FG, 40% 3pt.

Bowie best numbers were 17ppg 9rpg 2.8blks
Oden as a freshman is avg 15ppg 9.5rpg 3.5blks

Last edited by GOBB : 02-01-2007 at 05:51 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: