Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 06-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Celtics land Jared Sullinger, Fab Melo in what may have been a fantastic draft

The Celtics didn’t pull any surprises Thursday night, and given the wealth of talent in the NBA draft, they didn’t have to.

The additions of Jared Sullinger of Ohio State and Fab Melo of Syracuse was about as good as it could get for the Celtics at picks Nos. 21 and 22. Sullinger is the biggest reward from the Kendrick Perkins trade.

And now the Celtics can move forward with two players who will see considerable playing time next year.

According to NBA sources, the concerns about the 6-foot-9-inch Sullinger’s back are minor, and the Celtics will find out more when their doctors examine him in the coming days. Team president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said Sullinger has a “disk’’ issue but expects him to play in the Orlando Summer League beginning July 9.

-- Boston Globe
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Celtics land Jared Sullinger, Fab Melo in what may have been a fantastic draft

I give the Celtics an A- with what was available.

Sullinger was a no-brainer pick and fits the chemistry of Boston perfectly.

The Melo pick is highly criticized but I like it. His improvement over the last year has been exponential and he's dropped 30 pounds and disproved the idea that he isn't a hard worker.

Not to mention the Celtics filled a need by getting a 7 footer with a bit of mobility and good shot-blocking. If he can learn how to defensive rebound, he could be a 2nd string center this year.

Joseph is as NBA ready as a #51 pick can get. He is a good rebounder and has great hops. If his jumper is consistent, he may see time on the floor.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board
Default Re: Celtics land Jared Sullinger, Fab Melo in what may have been a fantastic draft

i dont know why he slipped this far... good for the celtics i believe. sullingers game is not that far from T.rob to be honest. Sullinger can be like kevin love ... nice pick up for the celts.. this might let bass walk away...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This draft suggests that the Big 3 will be together for one more year at least.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
hj01850
Can barely lace up my sneakers

hj01850 has an OK reputation so far

The Boston Celtics considering where the drafted had a tremendous draft.
They drafted absolutely out of the box !!! Both Sullinger (21) and Fab Mello are men among boys. Go to YouTube and pick 10 -20 videos on Fab Mello. It will show you that the Celtics had underground / street knowlege regarding Fab Mello especially . Syracuse University are just tryed to downgrade Fab Melo because he's, leaving.., watch the youtube videos on both. I hope the Boston Celtic organization get all three (3) of three of these draft picks off the street give them busy work until Summer League . Watch the videos !!!

Last edited by hj01850 : 06-29-2012 at 09:01 PM.
hj01850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
nbarumorz
Serious playground baller

nbarumorz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
i dont know why he slipped this far... good for the celtics i believe. sullingers game is not that far from T.rob to be honest. Sullinger can be like kevin love ... nice pick up for the celts.. this might let bass walk away...

I sure hope they don't let Bass walk. I appreciated his 13-6 every game with very few turnovers, solid D, and high FG and FT %'s. Sullinger isn't ready to handle 30 MPG this year, I like the guy but he needs to develop.

His athleticism (or lack thereof) may limit his upside considerably...I think he's a great value for where he was taken and will eventually be an above-average starter in the league, but they still need Bass for this year at least.
nbarumorz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: