Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: LeBron James as the next Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by kobesabi
    He CAN NOT and will NEVER be in the same level of greatness even if he wins a few because he broke the cardinal rule of greatness: "King of Kings will stay at their post and fight to the end rather than givein". King don't abandon their castle and run when the battle gets tough. King recruit warriors like Wade did to HIS team. People will always remember it as Wade's team...or Duo, Trio, or Diva 3, but will not be LeBron's team in history book.
    You forgot the one provision:

"Kings don't abandon their castle ... unless thou is offered plush movie role as a genie in Los Angeles ..."

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Uh I'd say Elden Campbell + Divac (who wasn't traded at the time of the Shaq singing) + Nick Van Exel + Eddie Jones + Cedric Ceballos was a pretty well thought of young core at the time.

People forget about sh-t in two years time. If this can blow over:

*Anything* can blow over. The awkward press event that LeBron gave is small potatoes compared to the above.

Short of killing someone (and even then ... lol) athletes can get away with anything, as long as they win in the end.

You must really love Lebron James.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    You must really love Lebron James.
    Not really. Just downplaying some of the over dramatic drama queens here.

Ask any sports agent if they'd rather deal with the above sh-t or today's thing. I don't have to tell you what their answer would be.

You forgot the one provision:

"Kings don't abandon their castle ... unless thou is offered plush movie role as a genie in Los Angeles ..."

That movie came out before he went to LA.

NBA rookie of the year

That movie came out before he went to LA.
    You must really love Shaq

You're right though, this is the masterpiece that Shaq moved his career for:

Gotta respect that.

You must really love Shaq

You're right though, this is the masterpiece that Shaq moved his career for:

Gotta respect that.
    Have I been making posts for 9 hours defending him?
    I personally hate Shaq, but if you are gonna reference him at least get the facts correct.

NBA rookie of the year

Have I been making posts for 9 hours defending him?
    I personally hate Shaq, but if you are gonna reference him at least get the facts correct.
    The facts are correct. The dude left Orlando and devastated that franchise for the most petty and laughably lame reasons ever. At least LeBron had a semi-legit case that he could make ... he wants to win, so he went to a better team, leaving more money/prestige on the table.

And four years later when Shaq won the title, I don't even remember one person person uttering a word about his days with the Magic.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 07-09-2010 at 06:26 AM.

The facts are correct. The dude left Orlando and devastated that franchise for the most petty and laughably lame reasons ever. At least LeBron had a semi-legit case that he could make ... he wants to win, so he went to a better team, leaving more money/prestige on the table.

And four years later when Shaq won the title, I don't even remember one person person uttering a word about his days with the Magic.
    shaq went to LA but besides a young kobe who was not even top 10 then.

you cant compare 3 players in their prime who happen to be two top 3 players and one top 10 player in the current nba.

lets see how their egos do

High School Varsity 6th Man entropy35's Avatar

Lebron will probably have to average close to a triple double each year he wins a title. Plus he should win around 5-6. Then he will be better than Jordan. Fact.

*Anything* can blow over. The awkward press event that LeBron gave is small potatoes compared to the above.

Short of killing someone (and even then ... lol) athletes can get away with anything, as long as they win in the end.
    1 mentally unstable gold digger psychotic chic is very small potato compared to Tiger Woods 120 affairs/mistresses. LeDiva just picked up at least 6 more armies of haters. Congrats!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Woods

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by kobesabi
    1 mentally unstable gold digger psychotic chic is very small potato compared to Tiger Woods 120 affairs/mistresses. LeDiva just picked up at least 6 more armies of haters. Congrats!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Woods
    Big black athlete charged with raping pretty blond white girl doesn't play too well in Middle America or David Stern's "McDonalds-friendly" idea of pro sports.

Short of Kobe pulling an OJ, that pretty much was the worst possible thing he could've done.

Not only that, but it was followed by the gong show of the Kobe-Shaq "divorce" which was really, really, really ugly.

That was like one straight year of the worst PR you could possibly imagine for an athlete.

Tiger Woods probably takes the cake though. But even that ... in a few years if he goes back to winning, that will blow over too.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 07-09-2010 at 06:35 AM.

I know Shaq left Orlando and ruined the franchise for years. He was wrong to do it. I am not defending it. I am also not putting Shaq anywhere close to MJ on the GOAT list. If you are fine with keeping Lebron far away from Jordan on the GOAT list, then that is fine with me.

Not really. Just downplaying some of the over dramatic drama queens here.

Ask any sports agent if they'd rather deal with the above sh-t or today's thing. I don't have to tell you what their answer would be.
    And the biggest and grandest drama queen of all time of course goes to LeBron for making a 1 hour special to sh1t on his team internationally. He gets the crown of LeDiva for running from his king position to queen position for sitting beside king Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy35
    Lebron will probably have to average close to a triple double each year he wins a title. Plus he should win around 5-6. Then he will be better than Jordan. Fact.
    Still won't be.

In another post I said what he must do.
    Win 4, then retire for 1.5 years, then win another 4. If he does that, then he is better than Jordan.

If you want to be better than the best, you have to do better than the best.

Big black athlete charged with raping pretty blond white girl doesn't play too well in Middle America or David Stern's "McDonalds-friendly" idea of pro sports.

Short of Kobe pulling an OJ, that pretty much was the worst possible thing he could've done.

Not only that, but it was followed by the gong show of the Kobe-Shaq "divorce" which was really, really, really ugly.

That was like one straight year of the worst PR you could possibly imagine for an athlete.

Tiger Woods probably takes the cake though. But even that ... in a few years if he goes back to winning, that will blow over too.
    Did you ever read the outcome? FYI, case was dismissed. So stop smearing someone with false wording. Is this the best credibility you have? Only haters play this game. Also, OJ never admits. Kobe admit he has an affair but never rape cuz there were no real evidence of it. OJ don't have the balls to admit the mistake.
    With jury selection under way, the criminal case was dropped late Wednesday by prosecutors who said the 20-year-old woman accusing Bryant of rape had decided not to participate.
    She probably was just faking it and afraid she blew it if her testify don't add up.
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/5861379/

Anyway, at least Kobe defends his own castle. Unlike self-declared "King" LeDiva abandon ship and wants to be known as GOAT. I'm sorry but that will never in principle of greatness. Never. If he wins any, it will be second class behind Kobe, MJ, Bird, or even Wade.
    Last edited by kobesabi; 07-09-2010 at 06:51 AM.