Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I'm down with HRC

Default American hasn't been great in over 100 years according to Trump.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/27/us...ranscript.html

According to Trump America was never great during his lifetime.

When America Was ‘Great’
    Question: ....I’m just wondering what is the era when you think the United States last had the right balance, either in terms of defense footprint or in terms of trade?

TRUMP: Well sometime long before that. Because one of the presidents that I really liked was Ronald Reagan but I never felt on trade we did great. O.K.? So it was actually, it would be long before that.

Question: So was it Eisenhower, was it Truman, was it F.D.R.?

TRUMP: No if you really look at it, it was the turn of the century, that’s when we were a great, when we were really starting to go robust.
    Last edited by FillJackson; 03-27-2016 at 07:14 PM.

NBA Legend

Default Re: American hasn't been great in over 100 years according to Trump.

Shut up you pathetic partisan hack.

I'm down with HRC

Of course, it typical Trump style when he tries to sound informed, he contradicts himself in the same paragraph.
    TRUMP: No if you really look at it, it was the turn of the century, that’s when we were a great, when we were really starting to go robust. But if you look back, it really was, there was a period of time when we were developing at the turn of the century which was a pretty wild time for this country and pretty wild in terms of building that machine, that machine was really based on entrepreneurship etc, etc. And then I would say, yeah, prior to, I would say during the 1940s and the late ‘40s and ‘50s we started getting, we were not pushed around, we were respected by everybody, we had just won a war, we were pretty much doing what we had to do, yeah around that period.
    so 116 years ago or maybe 66 years ago.

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Shut up you pathetic partisan hack.

Banned

Greatness is both relative and subjective.

According to Trump, we have not been great enough and we can be greater.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FillJackson
    Of course, it typical Trump style when he tries to sound informed, he contradicts himself in the same paragraph.

so 116 years ago or maybe 66 years ago.
    why so shook bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Greatness is both relative and subjective.

According to Trump, we have not been great enough and we can be greater.

Donald Trump could fart into a can and seal it and you'd buy it from him just so you could inhale it later. Get real. The guy is an idiot.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

So completely discredit arguably the greatest generation of our country? Those who fought in WW2 honorably?

Really Trump? lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Donald Trump could fart into a can and seal it and you'd buy it from him just so you could inhale it later. Get real. The guy is an idiot.
    Why so shook bro? I can guarantee the man is much smarter and capable than you.

If Trump is an idiot, what are you?

its mind bottling how trump supporters would defend some of his statements. Its not like hes the only republican to support either.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    So completely discredit arguably the greatest generation of our country? Those who fought in WW2 honorably?

Really Trump? lol

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    its mind bottling how trump supporters would defend some of his statements. Its not like hes the only republican to support either.
    good ol' lefties

Banned

'Murrica was great in the 90s. Arguably the GOAT era across the board. A Clinton was in the big chair then.

Coincidence?

Only one way to find out, and find out we will.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    good ol' lefties
    a joke is beyond you my brethren.