Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease HANNIBAL SMITH's Avatar

Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

Good lost for the spurs my ass. These are the friggin defending champions. When was the last time a team has came back to beat them when they had a 20 point lead and were dominating most of the game? The Spurs were trying to get this game trying to send a message early, Kobe and the Lakers were having none of that.

The Lakers scratched and clawed their way back into this game and won it. For a young team like the Lakers, that can only be a confidence booster. Seemed like the Lakers were looking like the champs and the spurs were looking like the young upcoming team in that second half. There is absolutely ZERO reason this game being a good loss for the Spurs. They were pretty much dominating the Lakers throughout the game............and they still lost.

Duncan played flawless, easily his second best game of the playoffs after game 1 vs the suns, Bowen and udoka were hitting shots in the first half, Parker was doing what he do. So you cant say that the Spurs were playing terrible while the Lakers played their ass off, the Lakers only scored 89 fuggin points for crying out loud. 23 points BELOW their playoff average.

This was a game the spurs had to have. Them blowing out the Lakers would of been a statement game and had the Lakers with their tail tucked between their legs, Now, the Lakers confidence has rose even further. To come back down from 20 to beat the defending champs? Thats practically unheard of.

Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

Ugly loss for the Spurs.

This game may cost them the series... similar to the Suns vs. Spurs round 1, game 1.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HANNIBAL SMITH
    Duncan played flawless, easily his second best game of the playoffs after game 1 vs the suns, Bowen and udoka were hitting shots in the first half, Parker was doing what he do. So you cant say that the Spurs were playing terrible
    I'm sorry, aside from tim, when did all that happen in the second half?

Its just one win for the Lakers. We won a game at home. I wouldn't read too much into it beyond that. If it were game 5, it'd be a different story, but its game 1. SA is a battle tested team, I doubt this affects them very much. Lakers' starters played a very anemic first half. We'll need the guys to step up next game, especially on the road. LO & Fish will need to show up as well for us to have a chance.

I agree with the OP

Lakers still dont know their identity i dont think. yeah it was easy for everyone to get theirs and look good against the Nuggets. Then it got a little tougher against Utah for them trying to figure out if kobe is gonna shoot or if his teammates are. And now they're playing the toughest team of all and they looked baffled for most of the game.

the reason they won is because they forced turnovers on defense but IMO its more likely that san antonio will cut down on the turnovers than it is that the lakers will get their offense together.

SA will win

Man w/NBA Inside info NewYorkUSCtrojan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SportsAnalyzer

You can't tell me the Spurs don't look like the better team after watching tonight's game. And that's why Greg Popovich was probably laughing at the Press Conference and Phil Jackson was not. Think About it.

You're an idiot!!

Pop was laughing cause he's embarrassed. Any coach would be embarrassed blowing a 20 pt lead. Pop tried to play it cool by laughing and joking about it. What a tool! His team is a laughing stock.

also...

Consider Kobe Bryant toyed with your team, scoring only 2 pts in the 1st half. Fish and Odom was non-existant. And your Spurms had a 20pt lead..

Take all that into account and your team still lost...

When the Lakers come to play..They are the better team...
    Last edited by NewYorkUSCtrojan; 05-22-2008 at 04:23 AM.

Man w/NBA Inside info NewYorkUSCtrojan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starface

SA will win

Do you think saying that a million times will help your team cause??

Fact: Phil Jackson's team is 40-0 when winning game 1 in a playoff series..

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkUSCtrojan
    Do you think saying that a million times will help your team cause??

Fact: Phil Jackson's team is 40-0 when winning game 1 in a playoff series..

I wish people would stop repeating this. These sorts of records fall all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsAnalyzer
    I think if you are the Spurs you are not feeing that bad about tonight's game. They showed that in Game 1 they are clearly the better team when they led all night long and just had too many turnovers that allowed the Lakers to get back in the game. The Lakers look like they need Kobe to SHINE in every game to have a chance in each game and I don't see the Spurs losing on Friday Night. Yes a loss when you had a 20 point lead on the road is a tough loss but isn't actually a good loss for San Antonio??

You can't tell me the Spurs don't look like the better team after watching tonight's game. And that's why Greg Popovich was probably laughing at the Press Conference and Phil Jackson was not. Think About it.
    Really??? I thought that the score at the END of the game is what matters. Did the Spurs have the lead at the end?

The haterism here at ISH makes people turn into complete idiots. You do know that's what your post makes you look like right?

WHAT IN THE F*CK is a "GOOD LOSS"? I always thought that people play to WIN, not LOSE GOOD.

Pure stupidity.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

I don't think you should ever be happy about a loss where you had a 20 point lead in the 3rd quarter and just lost it. That is nothing to be happy about. Lakers should be a very happy with this win, they showed that they can come from behind and win and are feeling confident right now.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease kps's Avatar

good win for the Lakers, bad loss for the Spurs

The Lakers were playing absolutely awful, and then Kobe said HEY ILL jUST KICK THEIR ASS NOW and he did. There were some layup misses, etc. for the Lakers or they would have won more. The other thing is, the Spurs got a lot of calls early on, and once that flipped in the 3rd, they just melted down. You cant melt down every time you dont get calls.

Im at a loss as to how blowing a 20 point lead in a chance to steal a road game when you havent been winning on the road against a team that you are are best a 50/50 propisition at best is a good thing. That's jsut wishful thinking.

if you still think the spurs will win, fine but hell, its not a good loss.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I believe that was collusion too.

So let's see, the Grizzlies get rid of Gasol to free up cap space to sign......um.......somebody NOT AS GOOD AS GASOL. They give up a legitimate young franchise player for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! ZERO!!!!!!!!!! for worthless cap space. To build around Rudy Gay who will never be as good as Pau Gasol.

And gee, what a coincidence that Jerry West worked for Grizzlies and he's Mr. Laker. Nothing to see here folks......
    Free up cap space, few draft picks, Marc Gasol, and Javaris Crittenton. Did you say Rudy Gay will never be as good as Pau Gasol? Have you watched even ONE Grizzlies game all season?
    Gasol was also tanking in Memphis for the past few seasons, why keep a player when he's going to end up leaving after his contract?

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The other thing is, the Spurs got a lot of calls early on, and once that flipped in the 3rd, they just melted down. You cant melt down every time you dont get calls.
    Bad loss. And ^^ is the reason why. You don't lose that game when you're up 20 in the second half -- especially when you're defending champions against a team that was just put together 2 weeks ago.

If the Spurs would stop falling down looking for a call after every touch foul and man up and play like champions they may still win this thing. I HATE all that flopping. On both sides, really...but the Spurs are supposed to be the champs.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by LBJoftheYMCA
    a) Sure, Pau to LA is the first steal in the history of the NBA(sarcasm). I love how people don't acknowledge the fact that Memphis wants some cap relief and Kwame was a big expiring contract. If they traded for Kwame and intended to keep him that's when you say you traded for nothing. Duh!
    People consider it a steal because Memphis could've actually gotten some good players for Gasol. I know they're "rebuilding" but, when you got a player of his caliber (that you want to trade), you should use him to actually make your team better.

Also, there's the Jerry West association to the Lakers and the fact that Memphis never put Gasol on the open market to get offers from other teams.