Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2013, 02:27 AM   #31
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon
 
KeylessEntry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Great Northwest
Posts: 6,679
Default Re: Who's the best player in the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science
The top 10 quarterbacks in the entire world out of millions worldwide doesn't equate to elite? I'm just saying... based off the definition you provided, top 10 makes a pretty damn strong case, does it not? Since you want to be all technical and shit, spitting out actual definitions like a smart ass.

Well if thats the case, why stop at top 10? The top 30 quarterbacks in the entire world must equate to elite as well right?

Josh Freeman is so elite, hes the 32nd best quarterback in the entire world, amazing!! Mark Sanchez is elite too, few people on this planet can play quarterback better than Mark Sanchez!
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #32
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star
 
TheSilentKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 9,474
Default Re: Who's the best player in the league?

As a Lions fan, Stafford shouldn't be allowed to sniff the jock straps of the elite qbs.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #33
Shade8780
ross
 
Shade8780's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,743
Default Re: Who's the best player in the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
As a Lions fan, Stafford shouldn't be allowed to sniff the jock straps of the elite qbs.
What would you accept if you were offered a trade for Megatron.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #34
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star
 
TheSilentKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 9,474
Default Re: Who's the best player in the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
What would you accept if you were offered a trade for Megatron.
Essentially nothing. It's not even just about how dominant he is at his position, I don't like the idea of seeing him on another team. Even straight up for Aaron Rogers or Peyton Manning I would say no.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #35
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins
 
DaSeba5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 6,756
Default Re: Who's the best player in the league?

Although Peyton Manning has been the best player in the league this year so far, Rodgers is the best player.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #36
Shade8780
ross
 
Shade8780's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,743
Default Re: Who's the best player in the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Essentially nothing. It's not even just about how dominant he is at his position, I don't like the idea of seeing him on another team. Even straight up for Aaron Rogers or Peyton Manning I would say no.
No offense to the Lions, but I just think Megatron needs to go to a contender. The Lions in the past few years haven't exactly surrounded him with a lot of talent since you guys drafted him. Stafford is an average QB but I think but he still has room to grow and Bush has ran under 1,000 yards 6 out of his 7 seasons in the league which I don't think is good for a starting RB.

Shit, I would gladly take Megatron on the Patriots It'd be like the Randy Moss effect all over again and then you pair him with Gronk an Amendola? Lawdy lawd

Last edited by Shade8780 : 09-26-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #37
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,962
Default Re: Who's the best player in the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science
The top 10 quarterbacks in the entire world out of millions worldwide doesn't equate to elite? I'm just saying... based off the definition you provided, top 10 makes a pretty damn strong case, does it not? Since you want to be all technical and shit, spitting out actual definitions like a smart ass.
Keyless was being generous saying "borderline top-10"

Stafford is an average QB in the NFL...and the only reason I even say "average" is because he has started this year off good...last year he just flat out sucked
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #38
MavsSuperFan
College superstar
 
MavsSuperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,353
Default Re: Who's the best player in the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science
I'm going to get flamed for this, but in terms of pure raw talent and potential, I'm going with AJ Green. Am I out of the question in making the claim he's going to be the greatest WR in the history of the NFL?

Yes, GOAT WR is jerry rice

I am not sure he is more talented than megatron

Also WR is not one of the most important positions.

The three highest paid positions are QB first and then offensive tackles and pass rushers (mostly defensive ends)

WR is a relatively poorly paid position because it is not considered as important as the QB, left tackle or pass rushers.

Cornerbacks are also relatively well paid.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #39
MavsSuperFan
College superstar
 
MavsSuperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,353
Default Re: Who's the best player in the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
Right now you have to take Rodgers. Accurate as can be and is very mobile too. But you can easily make a case for Manning and Brady as well.

Rodgers has some horrible stat showing how bad he is at leading comebacks when down in the 4th
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #40
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star
 
TheSilentKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 9,474
Default Re: Who's the best player in the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Keyless was being generous saying "borderline top-10"

Stafford is an average QB in the NFL...and the only reason I even say "average" is because he has started this year off good...last year he just flat out sucked
I don't like defending Stafford because I dislike him, but overall he has definitely been at least average. When he decides that he wants to play well, he is definitely top 10, however it doesn't happen very often. Poor decision making and sloppy plays plagued him last year. He was however, very effective in their playoff berth in 2011.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #41
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,962
Default Re: Who's the best player in the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
I don't like defending Stafford because I dislike him, but overall he has definitely been at least average. When he decides that he wants to play well, he is definitely top 10, however it doesn't happen very often. Poor decision making and sloppy plays plagued him last year. He was however, very effective in their playoff berth in 2011.
I've watched one half of Lion's football this year but on paper, statistically speaking, Stafford looks very good this year.

Its pretty difficult to have great stats and not play well, so assume he is playing well this year...

but after last year I am not ready to call him anything more than average just yet...he needs to have more than 3 good games
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #42
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,353
Default Re: Who's the best player in the league?

So you disregard the 2011 season completely? A season where he was really, really good. Great even......and instead go by the next season where he was average? Just as it would be stupid to say he's elite based on one season, it's just as stupid to say he's average based on last year.

Peyton Manning went from having a great year in 2000 to having two subpar years in a row in his 4th and 5th year as a starter.

Marino had great years followed by sub par years.

Not everyone is Rodgers, who from day one is dominant year in and year out.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #43
jazz873
College star
 
jazz873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,781
Default Re: Who's the best player in the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Rodgers has some horrible stat showing how bad he is at leading comebacks when down in the 4th
Good thing he is rarely behind in the 4th
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #44
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star
 
TheSilentKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 9,474
Default Re: Who's the best player in the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I've watched one half of Lion's football this year but on paper, statistically speaking, Stafford looks very good this year.

Its pretty difficult to have great stats and not play well, so assume he is playing well this year...

but after last year I am not ready to call him anything more than average just yet...he needs to have more than 3 good games
Even this year his decision making has been bad. He has a great arm and a great offense around him so stats come kind of easy.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #45
Johnny Jones
Russel Wilson = GOAT
 
Johnny Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lol
Posts: 3,087
Default Re: Who's the best player in the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
No offense to the Lions, but I just think Megatron needs to go to a contender. The Lions in the past few years haven't exactly surrounded him with a lot of talent since you guys drafted him. Stafford is an average QB but I think but he still has room to grow and Bush has ran under 1,000 yards 6 out of his 7 seasons in the league which I don't think is good for a starting RB.

Shit, I would gladly take Megatron on the Patriots It'd be like the Randy Moss effect all over again and then you pair him with Gronk an Amendola? Lawdy lawd
um, for Bush's first 5 years in the league he was in Sean Payton's offense. Look what he did at Miami when he got most of the carries.
Johnny Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy