Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    I usually hit open layups junkifunki's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron says he is "number one leader" of Team USA

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon
    LeBron is dumb as a brick. Ever heard him talk in a pre/post game interview.

IF not for basketball, dude would be flipping burgers in some joint in Ohio.
    If not for basketball, he'd dominate another sport

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

player egos will once again result in the demise of Team USA...where is AppleNader when you need him?

we need more veterans and less younsters becuase they still dont understand the concept of team ball and filling in roles. that is what the other USA teams did so well. all the players complimented each other and kept egos in check...instead of everyone trying to "be the man" or be the "number one leader"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by junkifunki
    If not for basketball, he'd dominate another sport
    ....in STATE PRISON.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
    we need more veterans and less younsters becuase they still dont understand the concept of team ball and filling in roles. that is what he other USA teams did so well. all the players complimented each other and kept egos in check...instead of each on trying to "be the man" or be the "number one leader"
    Where's Duncan, then?

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    It would be egotistical for Kidd or Kobe to say too, but atleast they'd be somewhat right because guys are going to come to them.
    For one, I doubt either of them actually believe they are the "number one leader" of the team, and even if they did, wouldn't have the gall to proclaim it on camera. Lebron's head is so big he actually believes this to be so indisputable that its no big deal for him to say it out loud. Even when he knows better than anyone that Melo and Wade were at least as much of leaders as he was last time, and that JKidd is coming in as the vet presence with an undefeated record.

Hell I don't even think he should be on the team
    I wouldnt go that far. He obviously has things he can bring to the team, and works well with JKidd as seen in the scrimmage. He played well enough last time, just not as well as Melo and Wade, who he should have had a little more respect for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball
    What a fucking hater. Yeah lets cut lebron that will really help us win the gold.

LBJ>Kobe in leadership. Not clutch shots. LEADERSHIP. Kobe has proved nothing about being a good leader. Kidd has, but Lebron let a cast of nobodys to the nba finals. He is a great leader.
    HAH. Put Kobe on the Lakers in the West and lets see how well he would do.

Honestly though, i never used to like Lebron. Then i began to like him just recently, but this is just the dumbest sh-t i have ever heard.

He acts like he's playing with a bunch of young scrubs the way he says it.

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
    Where's Duncan, then?
    read my post on page 2

Banned

The Rock's message to LeBronze:

Cornell Basketball=#1

The coaching staff wanted to cut Lebronze the first time around in 06 when it became obvious that:

1. His game was a poor fit
    2. He was a f&cking arrogant ass hole

Hell, it even took f&cking Bruce Bowen of all people to drag him to the side and lecture him about treating people with respect. It's too bad nobody on USA Basketball has the f&cking balls to take Lebron off the team though.

James: Hey Jason, I need to talk to you about the terrible game you just had.
    Kidd: Kiddo, I need to tell you that I'm 12 years older than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball
    What a fucking hater. Yeah lets cut lebron that will really help us win the gold.

LBJ>Kobe in leadership. Not clutch shots. LEADERSHIP. Kobe has proved nothing about being a good leader. Kidd has, but Lebron let a cast of nobodys to the nba finals. He is a great leader.
    Are you saying that Lebron is a leader on this team???

and here is some info about the coaching staffs thoughts on lebron

Before the world championships in Japan last summer, the Team USA coaching staff was disappointed in James's effort and his inability to function offensively unless he had the ball. The coaches would have made LeBron the first cut after his lackadaisical initial week of practice were it not for the massive public relations fallout that would have resulted from the axing of the league's most globally marketed player.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    Lebron is not Lebron?
    LOL I mean He is not Lebron that play for Cleav. he is Lebron that play for US a team full of veterans great players. He will have to earn the title as a leader and so far his not helping his cause with those horrible last shoot whit the game on the line.

Banned

Anyone ever heard of a "Number TWO" Leader?

Aren't LEADERS #1 by default?

So much for that Akron education.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNader
    Melo led the team in shot attempts while shooting at a high percentage and better from three, and totally outplayed Lebron in almost every single aspect of the game during the 06 worlds...
    Melo isn't even the leader in Denver. He's a chucker, he chucked in 06, and he'll chuck again this year.

Who cares whether Kobe or Kidd has a ****ing permission slip? Were they there taking the heat in 06? No, then shut up and listen to LeBron...do a good job, and you'll have a shot at running the team when it counts, in 08.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNader
    The coaching staff wanted to cut Lebronze the first time around in 06 when it became obvious that:

1. His game was a poor fit
    2. He was a f&cking arrogant ass hole

Hell, it even took f&cking Bruce Bowen of all people to drag him to the side and lecture him about treating people with respect. It's too bad nobody on USA Basketball has the f&cking balls to take Lebron off the team though.
    It's NOT USA Basketball......it's NIKE and David Stern.

Remember that NIKE is the primary sponsor for USA Basketball and a rerason why 95% of the players currently on Team USA are under NIKE contracts (hence why Iverson was not invited).

LeBron is an egotistical a-hole and deserves to be cut.