Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Sweden: one of the most vile shitholes in the world

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    why do you keeping saying that they are militant, or angry? where are you getting that from.
    Let's face it, virtually all women who grow up in a free western society are feminists. A lot of women feel comfortable in a more traditional gender role, but the women who actually feel that's the way "god meant it" for all women, beyond their personal setting are a small minorty.

Most men in western society are feminists at hart too.

These people generally focus on the broad strokes, the important issues. Making sure kids grow up in an equal opportunity society. Trying to make sure that abusive male-dominant relationships are a thing of the past. Stuff like that.

Then there is a group of hardline feminists who are still angry about this whole deal and angry at society itself. They are the group who focuses on inane, unimportant shit like what movies people should like. Generally they are very masculine women who are unable to come to terms with the fact they maybe they are not the norm. Instead of accepting that they are exceptionally masculine, they believe society has brainwashed the vast majority of women into acting feminine. The reality is that society simply doesn't directly caters to extremes. And they won't be happy until they see half of the female population acting like stereotypical men and half the male population like stereotypical women. Pointing out that Harry Potter is a misogynist series, even though the series is written by a women and the most competent leading character is a girl, isn't feminism: it's militant fringe feminism bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    Pok Pok is awesome. They have a location in Portland, best Thai food in a town with a ton of Thai food. Hopefully you tried the fish sauce wings.
    You're damn right, I got the fish sauce wings. I'm going to try and make those at home pretty soon.

It such a pain in the ass to go to the NYC version of Pok Pok, because it's a tiny place and line starts before they open up. It's also not near a subway.

I went to a big empty Thai place by my house the other day, I thought I hope when this place goes bankrupt Pok Pok moves in.

He opened up a place in new york, just for the wings, but I think he found it too labor intensive, so he turned it into just a pad thai place.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I disagree. A financer will finance that which will sell. Like the guy financing Transformers is actually excited to watch that trash, of course not.
    Your original post was about why women don't right decent movies. Is your solution more women should write Transformers?
    Instead they should be thinking about why there are so few females writing or creating decent movies even though they have every opportunity in the world to do so
    (is transformers decent?)

[QUOTE=LJJ]Besides, you don't need financing to make a great movie. Where is the female Clerks?/QUOTE]

Clerks is not a great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Your original post was about why women don't right decent movies. Is your solution more women should write Transformers?

(is transformers decent?)

Besides, you don't need financing to make a great movie. Where is the female Clerks?
    Clerks is not a great movie.
    You are grandiosely missing the point. You said that studios won't finance movies with female-centric content, and thus the lack of female-centric can be explained simply by a lack of financial backing. I used Transformers as an example that studios will finance anything that is expected to get a return, regardless of their personal opinion of the content.

You are grandiosely missing the point. You said that studios won't finance movies with female-centric content, and thus the lack of female-centric can be explained simply by a lack of financial backing. I used Transformers as an example that studios will finance anything that is expected to get a return, regardless of their personal opinion of the content.
    Never said simply.

Fun fact: In the early days of Hollywood, women wrote up to half of the movies made.

Perfect example how feminism is destroying modern society.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Perfect example how feminism is destroying modern society.

i don't understand the the thread title at all. how can sweden be a shithole when its full of blonde snowbunnies?

Quote Originally Posted by DonD13
    if implemented everywhere, the outcome would probably be that movies try to get a bad gender rating on purpose for publicity.

Say James Bond numbers drop. So to get publicity they make James Bond tell Miss Moneypenny to get her hoe ass in the kitchen and him a sandwich lol

@op: why so ?
    just messing around ..........but the swedish population is realy spineless
    , and they claim to have been mighty viking warriors, when infact it was the Norwegians and the Danes that were the most badass vikings......

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
    i don't understand the the thread title at all. how can sweden be a shithole when its full of blonde snowbunnies?
    coz for some reason they don

rank sentamentalist

Bio Rio is one of four Swedish movie theaters that launched the new rating last month to draw attention to how few movies pass. Most visitors have reacted positively to the initiative "and for some people it has been an eye-opener," said Tejle, reclining in one of Bio Rio's cushy red seats.

Beliefs about women's roles in society are influenced by the fact that movie watchers rarely see "a female superhero or a female professor or person who makes it through exciting challenges and masters them," Tejle said, noting that the rating doesn't say anything about the quality of the film. "The goal is to see more female stories and perspectives on cinema screens."
    this quote about sums up my feelings. it's a good idea in theory but poorly executed and should by no means be pushed by the state as any kind of a remedy.

that crazed militant vengeful aaarRGHHH stereotyping of this is pretty fking silly if you ask me. the director of the theatre featured in the story made the same decision a few other executives made, to implement this rating system. they're using it to open eyes about the systematic discrimination

the way you people are talking about this is as if you don't believe taste and preference is at all conditioned by a) what's available and b) what's prominent. and maybe you don't... you should just know that's pretty much an insane position to hold at this point.

this isn't petulant whining or bullshit blaming. women in influential positions in swedish cinema are using a rating system that will emphasize movies that promote values they believe in so that, over time, they will become more popular. the rating system sucks and doesn't do what it's supposed to imo... but that doesn't validate the criticism that they should just "make the damn feminist movies themselves, otherwise they're wasting their time".

Sweden Loves the Green Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    first of, they let uncontrolled numbers of immigrants into their country, have no pride or backbone to say no, and now this:
    http://www.mail.com/int/entertainmen...-stage-hero1-2

a truly weak and pussifed country .........there are no real men there

Meanwhile, in a country with real men like New Zealand, they form and start rape-gangs!

I think this is cool. We need more feminists... more women want to get shit done not just please men, have kids. that's kind of a natural thing so it's tough.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    this quote about sums up my feelings. it's a good idea in theory but poorly executed and should by no means be pushed by the state as any kind of a remedy.

that crazed militant vengeful aaarRGHHH stereotyping of this is pretty fking silly if you ask me. the director of the theatre featured in the story made the same decision a few other executives made, to implement this rating system. they're using it to open eyes about the systematic discrimination

the way you people are talking about this is as if you don't believe taste and preference is at all conditioned by a) what's available and b) what's prominent. and maybe you don't... you should just know that's pretty much an insane position to hold at this point.

this isn't petulant whining or bullshit blaming. women in influential positions in swedish cinema are using a rating system that will emphasize movies that promote values they believe in so that, over time, they will become more popular. the rating system sucks and doesn't do what it's supposed to imo... but that doesn't validate the criticism that they should just "make the damn feminist movies themselves, otherwise they're wasting their time".
    I'm not sure if it was this article or not, but I think they said all of the Harry Potter films except one failed this test. Thinking back on the films, I'm having trouble recalling any scenes where 2 or more girls talked about anything not related to boys. BUT, to me, Hermione is the female role that feminists want. So it seems crazy that it wouldn't "pass" because of that one rule.

It is a mildly amusing rating system, though. I don't know why so many people are upset or threatened by it. Ya'll think women sit around all day talking about you? Get over yourself.