Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Got any advice for a 24 year old idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    Just because you couldn't accomplish your dreams doesn't mean another person shouldn't pursue theirs.

I think you might have missed my point. I've accomplished plenty, some of which came about because of pursuit of a goal but a lot of it was stuff I never knew could be so rewarding. Much of it was just stupid luck. My point is the "pursue your dream" mantra is so cliche and implies that if you don't go out and become a rock star, famous athlete, whatever, then you are doomed to a life of unhappiness. That's utter bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status

How the fugg you figure rufus' dream is to be a famous actor?

Well I was in The Hunger Games. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Grown ass man shit right here

My advice would be- don't waste time hanging with f*ck nigguhs. It may sound like I'm joking, but I'm really not. One of the hardest lessons I've had to learn in life. Sounds like you have goals and things you want to accomplish. First order of business is to have people around you who are like-minded and equally driven. That may mean getting rid of people who you call 'friends', but who don't share your outlook on life. It may suck at first, but in the end it's for the best. You'll be surprised by just how much you can accomplish with the right people around you as opposed to shit talkers who never really do anything.

Thanks guys

Here's something an older friend of mine wrote (I know, there are actually people out there older than me):

After all these years I am finally getting closer to an understanding and acceptance that we are all individuals; a singular jumble of the genetics and experiences that define us....All leading me to conclude that things don't happen for a reason yet to come, (as people are so wont to say,) but instead happen for reasons already transpired; ones that are so deeply rooted in those individual cocktails of nature and nurture, that we all unwittingly choose not the road less traveled, but the one that has never before been taken. Who knows where it will lead us. For reasons not necessarily of their own doing, it is, for so many, a thoroughly disheartening trip. In that I am forever grateful for all the friends, family and influences that have, knowingly or not, allowed me to coax and cajole this convoluted, yet fascinating thing called life,...into some measure of a comfortable balance.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    no, it's because america is f*cking gigantic and we just can't hop on some cheap airline or train and visit some new county.
    True this. Its not like Europe where you can drive to the next country in a couple of hours.

Also, the US is so big and there is so much to see right here, it takes away some of the incentive to travel overseas.