Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What happened to JJ Hickson??

He averaged 13 ppg, and 11 rpg for the Blazers, and after he signed with a contract with the Nuggets his productions went down.

Default Re: What happened to JJ Hickson??

nothing happaned, he's just playing less minutes and being allowed to take less shots than he did at POrtland.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

He's not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    nothing happaned, he's just playing less minutes and being allowed to take less shots than he did at POrtland.

And the Nuggets signed him when they still have Kenneth Faried who's only averaging 27.8 mpg.

Local High School Star

lebon didnt make him his pippen

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    And the Nuggets signed him when they still have Kenneth Faried who's only averaging 27.8 mpg.
    Because Brian Shaw wanted a team that was more of a half-court, which works against Kenneth because he's more of an open court player who likes to score in transition opportunities or second chance points. He wanted Kenneth and all his bigs to be more back to the basket, passing bigs, which doesn't play to Faried's strength. When the pace is faster, Kenneth is much more useful.

When Shaw was fired in March, you saw Kenneth's production and minutes jump. I think he was averaging 30mpg in March.

From what I've seen of Hickson, while he's good at rebounding, he seems rather reckless and undisciplined in his shot selection or finishing out plays. Also he doesn't seem to be very good on defense.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

He is a hustle player with very little offense and piss poor defense. The Blazers lacked rebounding, so he looked good statistically with us, but still was not that good. He then went to the Nuggets, where he had to share the floor with and give up minutes to a better version of himself (Faried). Anybody who knew his playing style should have been able to predict that being by Faried is not a good fit for him. He'd only be semi-productive as Faried's replacement when it was time for him to rest.

Banned

Everything needed to be said about Hickson has been said. He's not that good, his stat sheet numbers aren't a good representation of the player he really is.

Speaking of athletic big men who had flashes in the pan but ultimately underperformed. What happened to Tyrus Thomas?

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Because Brian Shaw wanted a team that was more of a half-court, which works against Kenneth because he's more of an open court player who likes to score in transition opportunities or second chance points. He wanted Kenneth and all his bigs to be more back to the basket, passing bigs, which doesn't play to Faried's strength. When the pace is faster, Kenneth is much more useful.

When Shaw was fired in March, you saw Kenneth's production and minutes jump. I think he was averaging 30mpg in March.

From what I've seen of Hickson, while he's good at rebounding, he seems rather reckless and undisciplined in his shot selection or finishing out plays. Also he doesn't seem to be very good on defense.

I agree.

He can be good at times but he was never consistent. He makes a lot of bone head plays, like Javale McGee.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

He was 13/10 in Portland
    Then went to 12/9 with Denver the next year

Not that big of a drop-off.

Then 8/6 last year but he is getting 10 less minutes per game.

Banned

An underrated piece of those 60+ win Cleveland teams.

His set of skills doesn't fit the types of athletic advantages he has. Mismatched. I thought he could make it click, but I've lost hope. His high points are nice, though.

For a guy who is labeled as a good rebounder, I've never seen such a selfish player when going for rebounds. I didn't mind him when he was on the Blazers but definitely saw it when he left the team and my homer goggles were taken off.