Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default Are the Sixers keeping all 4 bigs now?

What's the latest rumor?

Atleast free Noel c'mon now.

Default Re: Are the Sixers keeping all 4 bigs now?

Why get rid of any? We're at a very oportunistic position that we now can gauge just how good Embiid is while holding on to all 3. If Embiid pans out we can leverage a deal for Okafor. Noel still has to perform in his contract year so his stock may just rise as well. No need to trade any of them now

Tolerant Liberals

PG: Simmons
    SG: Saric
    SF: Okafor
    PF: Embiid
    Center: Noel

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

With all the PG's in next years draft and a couple of wings at the top might make sense to ride out this year with all the bigs instead of trying to move one for a better fit right now. Sixers could potentially draft that player instead of trading for it. See who you wanna keep. Should be enough minutes/chances on a struggling Sixer team that none of them destroy there value.

I always thought Saric could play some SF but was told that wasn't possible. Simmons can play SF and is pretty versatile. Embiid probably isn't a guy you want playing alot of minutes right out of the gate, and needs a long look. Should be fine for one season atleast. Sixers shouldn't panic and get less value for positional need.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    With all the PG's in next years draft and a couple of wings at the top might make sense to ride out this year with all the bigs instead of trying to move one for a better fit right now. Sixers could potentially draft that player instead of trading for it. See who you wanna keep. Should be enough minutes/chances on a struggling Sixer team that none of them destroy there value.

I always thought Saric could play some SF but was told that wasn't possible. Simmons can play SF and is pretty versatile. Embiid probably isn't a guy you want playing alot of minutes right out of the gate, and needs a long look. Should be fine for one season atleast. Sixers shouldn't panic and get less value for positional need.
    Noel will get paid next season maybe 20 mil the way things are going. They absolutely should trade him now. I agree Embiid is a backup at this point but they have needs outside of keeping the big 4 mainly NBA ready guards.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    Noel will get paid next season maybe 20 mil the way things are going. They absolutely should trade him now. I agree Embiid is a backup at this point but they have needs outside of keeping the big 4 mainly NBA ready guards.
    Noel is only 22. He could end up being a guy you want to keep. Trade him for the right price. I don't think they should be in a rush tho. Spending money is the least of Philly's concerns.

Sixers have already been patience this long. If I was the GM I'd wait it out. Don't make any panic moves. Grab a PG in next years draft and only make a trade if it makes sense. Noel/Okafor are still in Philly for a reason, chances are teams were trying to get them for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    Why trade him now? He can increase his stock value and we can exploit that. No need to trade. He could still be a vauable piece moving forward.

You're acting like we're going to be delicate for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    PG: Simmons
    SG: Saric
    SF: Okafor
    PF: Embiid
    Center: Noel

Ha, I wouldn't mind watching this madness.