Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 07-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #16
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Clippers Seriously Talking to Iverson?

He's a cancer at this point. I saw too much of it last year in Detroit. Ever wonder why Denver never did much until last year?
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:04 PM   #17
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The pieces just didnt fit.

What can you do about that? You have a team that had a rookie coach and no point guard.

All you had was 3 really good shooting guards and a good small forward and a good back up pf.. Thats about it.

Same thing when ai was with the nuggets, you had no 1.

Now the clips do have a 1. If Bdiddy plays like a 1, then more power to AI, he would play great.

I have a problem with ppl calling AI a cancer. I dont think he fits that description.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #18
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Pistons have a good PG in Stuckey. He had decent numbers last year. They have all-stars in Rip and Tay. Sheed has been under rated for a few years. He's still a lot to handle. Nonetheless, the team the year before went to the ECF and probably would have played the Lakers in the finals if it wasn't for Billups being injured. Replace Billups with AI and the team barely makes the playoffs. In Denver one piece changes, the lose their best center (also one of the better defenders in the league) and manage to go to the WCF. AI is a cancer. I like him but not on my team. In the right role he could be ok. He still can't play defense. There's a reason he didn't get an invite to play on the redeem team. He's just not that great anymore. He was an explosive scorer/ball hog in the begining of this decade. Now he's more just a problem.

Last edited by dd24 : 07-15-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:47 PM   #19
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
The Pistons have a good PG in Stuckey. He had decent numbers last year. They have all-stars in Rip and Tay. Sheed has been under rated for a few years. He's still a lot to handle. Nonetheless, the team the year before went to the ECF and probably would have played the Lakers in the finals if it wasn't for Billups being injured. Replace Billups with AI and the team barely makes the playoffs. In Denver one piece changes, the lose their best center (also one of the better defenders in the league) and manage to go to the WCF. AI is a cancer. I like him but not on my team. In the right role he could be ok. He still can't play defense. There's a reason he didn't get an invite to play on the redeem team. He's just not that great anymore. He was an explosive scorer/ball hog in the begining of this decade. Now he's more just a problem.

Alright you make great points about the Pistons and Iverson and how he didnt fit. let me say that again.

FIT.

Alright, ppl need to stop thinking that just because Allen is 6'0 feet he is a 1 guard. he isnt.

The man is a small BEASTass 2guard.

Ppl call him a cancer? Really now?

C'mon. The best player he ever had on his team was Carmelo and they wont 50 games!! C'mon now! I mean, yeah the guy didnt win 3 rings, but no doubt he is a baller. You call him a cancer? why??

He killed Detroit? HELL NO. Joe Dumars killed Detroit. Like it or not, he did. AI was just the excuse. You lose your captin/pg/coach on the floor, leader billups, you lose a lot. The guy is a commander, he leads troops. Stucky is not a pg, he is just another iverson. a YOUNGER iverson with the GREEN light.

He killed the nuggets? get out of here with that. The man came and did his best, they had no point guard.?? How far can you go without a point guard? They just had to keep playing the lakers in the playoffs, and we all know how that works out. haha

He killed the sixers? Man you better not say he was a cancer with the sixers,

Cancer?? man, wtf, Iverson was the damn LIFE SUPPORT! the man was the CHEMO.

It really isnt fair that many ppl see this guy as a cancer, and like Allen said himself, no matter how hard you try, you are never good enough for ppl and ppl will always find a way to bring you down and find something negative.

Say what you want my dude, Ai sucks, he is a ball hogg. he is old.(Even tho I could prolly give a reason and counter for every arguement)

But one thing he is NOT. is a team cancer.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:12 AM   #20
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Iverson is not a cancer. The teams he has played on are far from perfect. Iverson NEEDS a set up guy though. With Philly, it was more or less just him (with some extras of Dikembe, Webber, etc.). And then with Denver, there were 2 scorers in him and Melo. Detroit had defense....but no setup guy...

With B-Diddy being a setup guy plus a scorer...They could use it to their advantage...They would have the passer, the scorer, the defensive big man, the improving rookie, etc. Good things in LA!
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:40 AM   #21
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Alright you make great points about the Pistons and Iverson and how he didnt fit. let me say that again.

FIT.

Alright, ppl need to stop thinking that just because Allen is 6'0 feet he is a 1 guard. he isnt.

The man is a small BEASTass 2guard.

Ppl call him a cancer? Really now?

C'mon. The best player he ever had on his team was Carmelo and they wont 50 games!! C'mon now! I mean, yeah the guy didnt win 3 rings, but no doubt he is a baller. You call him a cancer? why??

He killed Detroit? HELL NO. Joe Dumars killed Detroit. Like it or not, he did. AI was just the excuse. You lose your captin/pg/coach on the floor, leader billups, you lose a lot. The guy is a commander, he leads troops. Stucky is not a pg, he is just another iverson. a YOUNGER iverson with the GREEN light.

He killed the nuggets? get out of here with that. The man came and did his best, they had no point guard.?? How far can you go without a point guard? They just had to keep playing the lakers in the playoffs, and we all know how that works out. haha

He killed the sixers? Man you better not say he was a cancer with the sixers,

Cancer?? man, wtf, Iverson was the damn LIFE SUPPORT! the man was the CHEMO.

It really isnt fair that many ppl see this guy as a cancer, and like Allen said himself, no matter how hard you try, you are never good enough for ppl and ppl will always find a way to bring you down and find something negative.

Say what you want my dude, Ai sucks, he is a ball hogg. he is old.(Even tho I could prolly give a reason and counter for every arguement)

But one thing he is NOT. is a team cancer.

When I say cancer I mean he is the type to take an elite team down a notch. I can't see him winning a championship as a player that is a crucial component of a team. I didn't when he was in Philly. He has a few exceptional years there. Nobody can deny that. Nonetheless the team went bad real quick. They wanted him out of there. Denver had a ton of talent on that team when he was there. One could make the arguement they had the most talent in the league on paper. 50 games in the regular season doesn't mean much to me. I judge how good a team is when it matters in the post season. Stuckey has the ability to be one of the best PG's in this league. You being a Lakers fan should know how much Phil loves big PG's and there's a reason for it. I hate it that people think someone who is 6'5" is automatically an undersized SG. He's a big PG. There's a difference. He can cause all kinds of match up problems for teams when he's playing that position. He's quick enough to keep up with the other gaurds in the league too. Last year he had to be more of a go to scorer, because of injuries and overall lack of team chemistry due to the whole Iverson expirement. There are a lot of teams that would love to have him on their roster.

Iverson can make a bad team mediocre. He makes an elite team worse. That's why I say I like him but I don't want him on my team. I want my teams to be able to reach that elite status. This is also why I call him a cancer.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #22
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
When I say cancer I mean he is the type to take an elite team down a notch. I can't see him winning a championship as a player that is a crucial component of a team. I didn't when he was in Philly. He has a few exceptional years there. Nobody can deny that. Nonetheless the team went bad real quick. They wanted him out of there. Denver had a ton of talent on that team when he was there. One could make the arguement they had the most talent in the league on paper. 50 games in the regular season doesn't mean much to me. I judge how good a team is when it matters in the post season. Stuckey has the ability to be one of the best PG's in this league. You being a Lakers fan should know how much Phil loves big PG's and there's a reason for it. I hate it that people think someone who is 6'5" is automatically an undersized SG. He's a big PG. There's a difference. He can cause all kinds of match up problems for teams when he's playing that position. He's quick enough to keep up with the other gaurds in the league too. Last year he had to be more of a go to scorer, because of injuries and overall lack of team chemistry due to the whole Iverson expirement. There are a lot of teams that would love to have him on their roster.

Iverson can make a bad team mediocre. He makes an elite team worse. That's why I say I like him but I don't want him on my team. I want my teams to be able to reach that elite status. This is also why I call him a cancer.

Alright, cool.. Now I understand where you are coming from, but When has Iverson ever been on an elite team?

(waits)

He hasnt.

He took a busted philly team that had NOBODY and took them to the finals. and helped them make the playoffs for years.

Rodney Stucky, is not a pg. I see the man play, the way he plays is not the way a playmaker plays. Whenever I've seen Stucky play, he seems like a shooting guard that they left to play the Guard spot because he is a good ball handler. It seems to be Stucky first. The guy reminds me of a young Iverson, just he doesnt take as many shots because of the talent level he has around him.

I LOVE big pg's. If allen Iverson played with a Billups or Andre miller or a Jkidd His career would have turned out diffrently.

Iverson has had FAR LESS talent around him than Dirk has. And dirk has the same success that AI has. SPIT. They have both gotten to the finals ONCE.
That team in Denver, AI did not fit in well. They made him play the Point guard when Allen Iverson wasnt the point guard.

So to fix the problem they started weakass Anthony Carter. A guy who was all around the league LIVING off of 10 day contracts.

Again, All I'm saying is that Detroit was a bad situation for Allen. He got to a team that was already heading down south, lost Big Ben and fired the coach and brought in a scrubb coach. Then they trade Billups(IMO the Detroit Engine, the guy made them run, similar to what Nash did for the suns. the their leader, coach on the floor, playmaker, pointguard) for Iverson. An aging superstar who no longer has the game he used to have.

The team did not have one playmaker. Dont get me wrong, STucky can PLAYMAKE, and Iverson can playmake as well, but the guys are not set up guys.

If he does sign with the team, just remember what I'm saying about Allen Iverson. Bonafide baller.

I'm a LAKERFAN FOR LIFE bro, And I got MAD respect for Iverson, the guy isnt a cancer.. He is just a player that is REALLY hard to fit and build around and hasnt had great pieces that made sense and worked around him.

Perfect example of Pieces not fitting together: Lakers in 04. WE had a STACKED TEAM. But we couldnt win for whatever reason, the team didnt get a long, or the pieces just didnt fit. We didnt give them enough time to gell.
Sort of the same story in Detroit. Not enough time to learn each other, and the scrub coach and no actuall true pointguard didnt help ethier.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:37 PM   #23
dd24
College superstar

Denver had a ton of talent when he got there. That should have been an elite team. Detroit should have been an elite team. The year Philly went to the finals they were bad on offense but amazing defensively. That is why the team was successful with Iverson. They could make up for his lack of D and just let him do what he does which is score. Snow, Mckie, Mutombo, Ratliff, etc, were all good defenders. Anyway it makes my point about how he can help a team like that, especially in a weak eastern conference at the time. I agree with you he can ball. I always said I like him, but just not on my team.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #24
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Denver had a ton of talent when he got there. That should have been an elite team. Detroit should have been an elite team. The year Philly went to the finals they were bad on offense but amazing defensively. That is why the team was successful with Iverson. They could make up for his lack of D and just let him do what he does which is score. Snow, Mckie, Mutombo, Ratliff, etc, were all good defenders. Anyway it makes my point about how he can help a team like that, especially in a weak eastern conference at the time. I agree with you he can ball. I always said I like him, but just not on my team.

Dont get it twisted! looool..

I wouldnt want him on the lakers!!

wait. your team is the clipppers? and you dont want him there.

What happens if he does go there? would you cheeer him?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #25
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Dont get it twisted! looool..

I wouldnt want him on the lakers!!

wait. your team is the clipppers? and you dont want him there.

What happens if he does go there? would you cheeer him?

You know they aren't my team. I was just giving them fair warning. I don't know if I would go to a game or not just because he's on the roster. I'd really have to think about that. I think I posted before it depends on how much I get the tickets for and how good the seats are. I usually go to Clips games just because I can actually get a ticket and its not $250 for a nosebleed. As a fan of the game I wouldn't mind to see him play, but I don't mind seeing anybody play. I don't think him being there would be the driving force for me to go to the game though.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #26
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

I'm just foolin' my man..

And I have actually seen AI play with the sixers vs. the clippers in an overtime game at staples.

AI is awsome! I remember how fast the man was. I was in the 4th row. Man, it was so exciting, I loved how great the man played.

I remember how Iverson would pass the pall to Igoudala and he would just freeze up and pass the ball right back to iverson and then Iverson would continue to take it to the basket and score.

Great game and if AI does go to the clippers, you better believe I'm going to some games!!!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: